SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192
Default I need Toledo Help!!

I joined a bass club for work and we have had 1 tournament so far. I quickly realized that I was out of my league when I weighed in 1, 2-pound fish and everyone else had 15-20 pound stringers with a 6 bein the big bass.

Our second tournament is this saturday and all I wont to do is at least weigh in 5 FISH! So help me out. Who has heard anything? Bait? Area? Depth? Coverage? Time? I dont want to embarrass my self again so hook it up. I appreciate it and thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Man...... so your telling me you fished all day and only caught one fish???? That sucks !!!! Good luck !!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

depends on what area you are located...caught em last week on chrome/blue red eye one knocker (San Miguel).... slow down the fishing on points. Carolina rig flukes produce when the wind isnt blowing 90mph. Most fish i located were 6-10 ft off of points. Reports from this past weekend suggested the bite on the north end of the lake is dying down.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

This weekend will be a tough one on Toledo Bend. The oilmens tourny is this weekend and will have over 600 boats probably plus all the other torunaments. Lots of folks at my work fish Toledo and most ahve been doing good in the 6 mile, Housin, and 1215 areas fishing shallow grass lines and stump fields using watermelon flukes, watermelon trick worm whent he wind permits, black and blue jig with craw worm, and the usuaul brush hog.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

senko! senko! senko! lol in 0-4' wat.red, wat. magic, junebug or black on dark days. BUT, if that front hits like its supposed to fri nite, u may wanna slow way down and toss that wacky worm or even suspending rogues in 3-6' around grass patches. if u make it over sulphur way, stop in and we'll fix ya up!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
depends on what area you are located...caught em last week on chrome/blue red eye one knocker (San Miguel).... slow down the fishing on points. Carolina rig flukes produce when the wind isnt blowing 90mph. Most fish i located were 6-10 ft off of points. Reports from this past weekend suggested the bite on the north end of the lake is dying down.
I like that one knock, hope the wind doesnt blow. Last tournament I fished all day in the front that came through in early march 5 ft swells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
This weekend will be a tough one on Toledo Bend. The oilmens tourny is this weekend and will have over 600 boats probably plus all the other torunaments. Lots of folks at my work fish Toledo and most ahve been doing good in the 6 mile, Housin, and 1215 areas fishing shallow grass lines and stump fields using watermelon flukes, watermelon trick worm whent he wind permits, black and blue jig with craw worm, and the usuaul brush hog.
Dang forgot about oilmen's. I was thinkin Housen as well. Will be comin out of Big bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
senko! senko! senko! lol in 0-4' wat.red, wat. magic, junebug or black on dark days. BUT, if that front hits like its supposed to fri nite, u may wanna slow way down and toss that wacky worm or even suspending rogues in 3-6' around grass patches. if u make it over sulphur way, stop in and we'll fix ya up!
Cool bro. I gotta pick up my boat from Harold Dyke today. Fresh carb rebuild. That ethanol ate up my diaphragm. Try and get out there tomorrow.

Thanks for tips guys!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I joined a bass club for work and we have had 1 tournament so far. I quickly realized that I was out of my league when I weighed in 1, 2-pound fish and everyone else had 15-20 pound stringers with a 6 bein the big bass.

Our second tournament is this saturday and all I wont to do is at least weigh in 5 FISH! So help me out. Who has heard anything? Bait? Area? Depth? Coverage? Time? I dont want to embarrass my self again so hook it up. I appreciate it and thanks.

call me after 5pm... i got some information
Old 03-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Wacky Worms with a nail weight in the head, I have been fishing the 6-mile area(Texas side) water is a little deeper there. Also Housing Bay and the Indian Mounds are all very good coves to fish right now. 4-6ft of water hydrilla grass, around all points and bends. Let the worm settle down threw the grass then twitch it out then back threw.. Just one method that has been working, slow rolling spinners threw the stumps will produce some big fish now aslo...
Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
this worked last weekend
Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Ill be out there Fri and Saturday...fishing the LOBI Oilmans... I hooked up with a Local to fish it.... Because I don't know crap about that place....he said we should be in the money.... He has been on good fish the past few weeks
Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Ill be out there Fri and Saturday...fishing the LOBI Oilmans... I hooked up with a Local to fish it.... Because I don't know crap about that place....he said we should be in the money.... He has been on good fish the past few weeks
No stumps in the bend......you can run the HINEY anywhere.....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Swordfish

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I am goin set my sights on 6 mile and Housen. I hope I dont have too much trouble with all the boats from Oilmans.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Does this mean Big Lake will be open??
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossLake View Post
Does this mean Big Lake will be open??
hahahaha!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Swordfish

Can anyone estimate the miles from Big Bass to Housen?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

By boat? 10ish miles