SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 11-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

BLUE WAVE BOATS®

Blue Wave Boats are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal operating conditions for a period of one year. Blue Wave Boats warrants to you that it will repair or replace defects (at the sole discretion of Parks Mfg.) in materials or workmanship that occur within the applicable warranty periods, subject to the “What This Warranty Does Not Cover” section below.

The Warranty Period for structural parts, including the hull, stringers and transom runs for the duration of the original first purchaser’s period of ownership. The wood products used in construction are covered by a Limited Lifetime warranty against rot and dela
mination by the supplier. All composite construction is covered by a limited lifetime warranty against rot and delamination by Blue Wave Boats and/or the supplier. The transferred Warranty Period to a second purchaser runs ten (10) years from the original delivery date, regardless of when the warranty is transferred. To transfer a warranty, a notorized Bill of Sale must be submitted to Blue Wave Boats within (10) ten days of the sale. The structural integrity of each hull further carries a limited ten (10) year warranty.

The foregoing warranty does not cover the following items under this limited warranty or any damage resulting from:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
In the last 3 mins I researched Triton and Blue wave and both have wooden braces. I like both of those boats. So what boats don't use wood in strategic places ??

Didn't mean to hit a nerve, just stating what my Blackjack dealer said about the Frontier boats. They look fine and hopefully the wood used will not cause a problem. But I can guarantee you the Triton and the Bluewave does not have any wood.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Only the bluewave rolled edge (lower line) boats use wood. Still waiting on triton
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 585

should check out a haynie. really good riding boat
Old 11-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Ling

Speck nation you good you didn't hit a nerve. I was aware of wooden braces. Doesn't really matter to me at all. You are correct about tritons. I miss read something. So the pure bay doesn't have wood either but all other blue waves are trash. This is ford vs Chevy and my dad can beat up your dad. I have nothing against any other boat and could care less it's preference.

Sorry for the hijack josh.
Good luck finding a boat.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Tripletail

My original comment was not made with any certain boat company in mind. Sorry you felt the need to defend your frontier.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,379

No problem with the hijack. All info needs to be considered when buying a boat, so it's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Speck nation you good you didn't hit a nerve. I was aware of wooden braces. Doesn't really matter to me at all. You are correct about tritons. I miss read something. So the pure bay doesn't have wood either but all other blue waves are trash. This is ford vs Chevy and my dad can beat up your dad. I have nothing against any other boat and could care less it's preference.

Sorry for the hijack josh.
Good luck finding a boat.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Trophy Trout

At what number would you guys consider TOO MANY hrs on a used boat motor? 100,200,300, etc. A lot of these guys selling boats right now are considering the motor in great shape if it has less than 100 hrs. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh C View Post
At what number would you guys consider TOO MANY hrs on a used boat motor? 100,200,300, etc. A lot of these guys selling boats right now are considering the motor in great shape if it has less than 100 hrs. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help.
the good thing about buying recent motors is you can hook it up to a computer and see how its been run (how many minutes at what rpm) . That being said I would look for something under 300 hrs.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

HYDRASPORTS CUSTOMS http: /www.hydrasports.com/ HAVE NO WOOD AND ARE BATTLE WAGGONS
Old 11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

100 hrs a year or so don't bother me, it's more about how it was maintained. I'd buy a 500 hr motor hanging on a boat that was obviously well maintained over a 5 year old unit with very very low hours.

These things are made to run for a long time, boaters are the ones that give them their short life by not knowing what the hell to do with it when they get it. You can't just throw alcohol laden gas in a marine motor, run it a few times a year in salt water, then park it for 7 months and expect it to give you a beautiful life.

I focus more on the seller than I do the hours and other stuff. Him and the condition of the boat let me know if I'm buying within a few minutes. Heck, just looking at the listing tells me if his 50 hour motor is worth me going to see, or if his 600 hour is worth it.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
100 hrs a year or so don't bother me, it's more about how it was maintained. I'd buy a 500 hr motor hanging on a boat that was obviously well maintained over a 5 year old unit with very very low hours.

These things are made to run for a long time, boaters are the ones that give them their short life by not knowing what the hell to do with it when they get it. You can't just throw alcohol laden gas in a marine motor, run it a few times a year in salt water, then park it for 7 months and expect it to give you a beautiful life.

I focus more on the seller than I do the hours and other stuff. Him and the condition of the boat let me know if I'm buying within a few minutes. Heck, just looking at the listing tells me if his 50 hour motor is worth me going to see, or if his 600 hour is worth it.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I agree with Goooh. It's not about the hours to me either its about the way the boat was maintained. I wash mine after every salt water use and wax it 2 or 3 times a year. I make sure all maint is done regularly on the engine, use only non-ethanol gas and keep the boat covered when not in use. If I was to sell my boat I think I could get nearly what I paid for it and it would be worth it even though it has lots of hours on the motor.

I have a guy in my neighborhood who bought a nice Nautic Star 2200 and I don't think I've seen it leave the yard 2 times in the last 3 years. He leaves it parked on the side of his house and never covers it. The upholstery is sun damaged and the fiberglass is chalky and nasty looking. I wouldn't touch that boat with a 10 foot pole even though I'm sure the engine has low hours. He's left some Zebco fishing poles in the console rod holders for going on a year now. Some people have more money than sense.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 551

Hey everyone. Just wanted to straighten out some of the apparent confusion about the 2104. My explanation of the marine panel that we use has already been re-posted, so I'm not going to get into all of that again (Thanks for the quote, Clampy). Despite what some earlier comments claim, we DO NOT use that marine panel for any type of bracing or structural support. The hull IS 100% composite, as are the stringers, transom, deck, console, and hatch lids. Hope this helps.

Dalton Kenner
Sales/Marketing Coordinator
K2 Marine, Inc.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384463861.307700.jpg

I'm still unsure
Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Yeah, link on the triton with wood?

I know the frontier has a few small pieces.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 PM
Ling

Already stated my mix up. Triton has no wood. Doesn't really matter tho. All good boats.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Tripletail

Bump