SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563
Default The Bay - Bad luck tried to keep me away!!

Oh man what a weekend! Started out yesterday trying to fix my trailer lights. The left side was burnt out. Bought a new light and replaced it. Left side worked now but the right side decided to stop working. So messed with that side too. I had my lights connected to the truck while i was working on them. Bad idea, somehow drained my battery down to 6 volts! Tried to get a jump but couldnt get it to start, just clicked. Had to get a battery charger, borrow enough extension cords to reach my truck that was now stranded on the side of my condo complex where i was working on it. Finally got the truck running. Right side light still didnt work. Said "F" it! I'm going fishing Sunday without it.

Today i leave for an afternoon trip at 12:30pm. Headed thru Lydia on route to the state park. Stop and Dago's for supplies. Get back in truck and as I'm pulling away i can hear grinding noises behind me. Pull over to a parking lot and one side of trailer has the bearing gone! CRAP! now what? Luckily i remember i have an extra set of bearings in the truck. Take tire off and get to working. Have minimal tools to do the job. Cant get the races out of the hub with what i got.

A truck pulls up and a guy gets out, his name is Wade from New Iberia. Says he has some tools that may help. They sure did! Got everything changed out and put back on trailer and it's 3pm now. Still time left to fish!!

But the main reason for my post was to give a big thanks to Wade. He told me he was caught a flat last night on HWY 90 on his trailer and he was stuck for several hours messing with it. He was like me and was missing tools and didnt have the key to his spare tire. He said cars were slowing down and looking at him then just continuing on their way without stopping and when he saw me I guess he knew how i was feeling.He said he just wanted someone to hold the darn flashlight for him. So lets all remember to help a fellow sportsman and hopefully everyone will "pay it forward" to the next guy in need.

Oh, and for the fishing report. Headed out of the launch canal but just hung around in the cove and pecked away at a few white trout. Caught a dozen or so. Mostly throwbacks. I was too scared to run around with the luck i was having. LOL There was tons of bait everywhere but no birds in sight and no trout. Water is still a little warm and hopefully the next couple fronts will get the bay going.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

We all have those kind of days if you own a boat long enough. I was out there this afternoon too. Man the tide was super high....caught 4 reds 3 flounder and too many white trout and croakers to count. Tried everything all they wanted was a green sparkle beetle tipped with shrimp. Was fishing shark bayou and weeks bay.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Red Snapper

Yeah and that incoming tide was strong too! The water was over the dock at the launch when I went in.

Look at the jerk off that came barreling thru the cove. He had the WHOLE bay to himself to go wide! I gave him the "whats up with that" gesture with my arms and he just waved at me! LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic3.jpg (51.8 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (47.7 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (43.6 KB, 428 views)
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Great White

Yeah the water was over the dock when I came in too.....people never fail to amaze me,but it's bound to happen in the cove. I have caught some nice trout there but you have to have plenty of patience for morons. Most of the time I don't.....
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Red Snapper

They use it like a highway even with people fishing in it just like they do on Big Lake on the weir highway heading south and pass right thru everyone at commissary and other reefs! LOL
Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Great White

No doubt about that
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Good post man! We went out Saturday and we blew out a tire and then our spare was super low and it wasn't until 5 stops later until we found a gas station with a working compressor. Still managed 30 specs though
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default sucks

man i hate those kind of days, not to many people like Wade left around here any more, most people would have said f it, no one helped me so i ain't helping no one, but atleast you still managed a couple of fish
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I blew a tire hauling some cattle to the slaughterhouse the other day and I had a truck stop to help me, a farmer from the field next door, and the guy who lived in the house. That's whats great about living in the country is everybody helps everybody
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,199
Default Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Oh man what a weekend! Started out yesterday trying to fix my trailer lights. The left side was burnt out. Bought a new light and replaced it. Left side worked now but the right side decided to stop working. So messed with that side too. I had my lights connected to the truck while i was working on them. Bad idea, somehow drained my battery down to 6 volts! Tried to get a jump but couldnt get it to start, just clicked. Had to get a battery charger, borrow enough extension cords to reach my truck that was now stranded on the side of my condo complex where i was working on it. Finally got the truck running. Right side light still didnt work. Said "F" it! I'm going fishing Sunday without it.

Today i leave for an afternoon trip at 12:30pm. Headed thru Lydia on route to the state park. Stop and Dago's for supplies. Get back in truck and as I'm pulling away i can hear grinding noises behind me. Pull over to a parking lot and one side of trailer has the bearing gone! CRAP! now what? Luckily i remember i have an extra set of bearings in the truck. Take tire off and get to working. Have minimal tools to do the job. Cant get the races out of the hub with what i got.

A truck pulls up and a guy gets out, his name is Wade from New Iberia. Says he has some tools that may help. They sure did! Got everything changed out and put back on trailer and it's 3pm now. Still time left to fish!!

But the main reason for my post was to give a big thanks to Wade. He told me he was caught a flat last night on HWY 90 on his trailer and he was stuck for several hours messing with it. He was like me and was missing tools and didnt have the key to his spare tire. He said cars were slowing down and looking at him then just continuing on their way without stopping and when he saw me I guess he knew how i was feeling.He said he just wanted someone to hold the darn flashlight for him. So lets all remember to help a fellow sportsman and hopefully everyone will "pay it forward" to the next guy in need.

Oh, and for the fishing report. Headed out of the launch canal but just hung around in the cove and pecked away at a few white trout. Caught a dozen or so. Mostly throwbacks. I was too scared to run around with the luck i was having. LOL There was tons of bait everywhere but no birds in sight and no trout. Water is still a little warm and hopefully the next couple fronts will get the bay going.
Awesome post man. Thank god there are still some great sportsman out there still lending a hand to people in need. Really enjoyed reading your post. Remember to pay it forward my friend. Better luck on your next outing!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

shout out to Wade