SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Duck hunt 11/14/11 and vent session

Well first let me start off by saying i'm not sure what happened with all the ducks that were in our marsh in grand chenier since saturday. Hunted yesterday with my dad and seen maybe a total of 300 ducks all morning in our area, but still got alot of pooldoo. We ended the day with 4 birds--2 redheads and 2 teal it was like a ghost town around my blind. Didn't jump up but maybe a handful of ducks on our way out from our marsh or the flooded pasture on the other side. We need a weather change bad imo, and things will get back to normal. Second thing and it really makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. This year we bought 3 dz brand new greenhead gear decoys, and rigged them texas style. We put them out saturday morning, and didn't go back til yesterday so these decoys sat out for a day and a half. Well some low life pos stole a dozen and a half of them. Never had a theft problem out there so this is a real shock to me. Looked in the all the ponds surrounding us thinking that maybe by some freak of nature the strong south wind we had sunday pushed them somewhere else. I work really hard to buy nice stuff to try and enjoy it and bring others to help enjoy it with me. Some people need to get off thier *** and get their own stuff and stop trying to ruin other peoples time with this childish stuff. What i really don't understand is that the boat, motor and everything else was right there and all they took was decoys. Now i have to go and spend more money that i worked for to buy more decoys cause someone is too lazy to get their own. Sorry for the long read just really needed to vent.