SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

I fully support people like Finfeatherfur glad to hear the positive about law enforcement. The knife incident is easy to solve just make a phone call and if you PM me I can also give you the name of the person to talk to. The knife is taken for safety reason and I would much rather someone take my knife then shoot me for thinking I was going for a knife or other weapon. If you don't think a knife can do some major damge up to death again PM me I have pictures. Also just listen to the news of all the law enforcement officers attacked or shot everyday. As far as the search with or without K-9 the dogs or trained now days to make a silent indication so not to give away what just happened and the ball is a treat for the indication. Use to it was a lot of scratching to indicate now it is different and I'm not giving up the secerets to what the indication is it is different for every K-9 now. I will say all of law enforcement now utilizes video and audio in the units so make the complaint they will play it back and see if there was or wasn't wrong doing. Also before this is said "the video can be erased" the answer is no it can not no way no how.

As said eariler support your local law enforcement.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

if the knife was a kershaw, spyderco, benchmade, etc, you got GOT!!!

VIDEO IT FOR YOUR PROTECTION
Old 07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have respect for a most of law enforcement, until you get shafted. I used to bring a couple of brothers from Baton Rouge hunting ducks in Cameron. One was a lawyer who was a defense lawyer. He was always telling me stories about how he gets people off of search charges done on the highway. He has his business cards all over SE La. payphones in jailhouses. He told me to never consent to a search on the road.
Got a new truck and a new girlfriend. On the way to Jazz Fest in NOLA, got stopped just outside Gonzales, La. Everything was going well, until trooper asked to search my truck. I thought about what the lawyer said and told the trooper no. Truck got towed, me and my new girlfriend got sent to questioning about what we were hiding. I called the lawyer and jumped his ***. He came over and got me out, for free, cause it was his fault. I didn't have anything at all to hide in the truck, just wanted to be a smartass cause I thought I could get away with it.
The girl never went out with me again, never went to Jazz Fest again, never refused any policeman consent to search again and never will.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
As retarded as you look, they knew you weren't capable of hiding anything.
look you stupid inbred, cousin lovin, truck driver I gonna have DOTD on you tomorrow
Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
look you stupid inbred, cousin lovin, truck driver I gonna have DOTD on you tomorrow
Hahahahahahahahahaha. You moron whats the dotd gona do fix my road. It's DOT retard. That was the best laugh today yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha. You moron whats the dotd gona do fix my road. It's DOT retard. That was the best laugh today yet.
they gona make the road worse for you
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
Hustler, I am sorry for your friends situation and if it happened the way you say it did, then it is wrong...Period...and the civil process with rectify the situation. There are always two sides to a story then the truth somewhere in the middle.

As far as your quoted comment, allow me to retort....I was not a nerd in school, in fact, I was a little bad azz that knew everything about everything...knew my roadside rights to search and seizure and even told a few cops what was going and not going to happen....THEN, I GREW UP! and like FFF I wanted to do something that made me feel good about making positive changes....THEN....Life showed me that when you are in law enforcement or any other public service...You are damned if you do and damned if you don't....and you starve like a church mouse because of what they pay....So I left that....but what never left me was the respect for them...knowing what they have to deal with day in and day out and work thier guts out just to make ends meet....and are rarely received well by society....Because most people think just like what is on this board...This happened to me so I hate them all...they are ALL crooked....That is why...But no, I didn't take it as disrespect, just fun conversation.
well said frank as a former police officer of 12 years i totally get what u saying. When i was a officer if i searched someone's vehicle it was for a reason i just didn't pull someone over and decide that the vehicle needed to be searched just for the hell of it. Even when i pulled someone who had been drinking a little i would let them call a ride or sometimes would even give them a ride myself. It's was all about the attitude. Can't tell you how many times i pulled someone over and wasn't even going to give them a ticket but there mouths talked them right into. I am a firm believer in give respect to get respect and i always treated people with respect unless they made the decision that it wasn't going to happen that way.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
And on a serious note!!!! - Maryjane is no longer the problem..........you guys better watch out for ICE. It's bad, and gonna get worse. Our kids will be affected by this crap, in one form or another.
That stuff has done some major damage in hawaii.....there were people moving from oahu, & kaui to the Big Island b/c ice was soo bad. Seemed like every other commercial there was a warning about this drug. "Down w/ the dope, Up with the Hope!"
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I have respect for a most of law enforcement, until you get shafted. I used to bring a couple of brothers from Baton Rouge hunting ducks in Cameron. One was a lawyer who was a defense lawyer. He was always telling me stories about how he gets people off of search charges done on the highway. He has his business cards all over SE La. payphones in jailhouses. He told me to never consent to a search on the road.
Got a new truck and a new girlfriend. On the way to Jazz Fest in NOLA, got stopped just outside Gonzales, La. Everything was going well, until trooper asked to search my truck. I thought about what the lawyer said and told the trooper no. Truck got towed, me and my new girlfriend got sent to questioning about what we were hiding. I called the lawyer and jumped his ***. He came over and got me out, for free, cause it was his fault. I didn't have anything at all to hide in the truck, just wanted to be a smartass cause I thought I could get away with it.
The girl never went out with me again, never went to Jazz Fest again, never refused any policeman consent to search again and never will.
I have respect for all law enforcement. I've found that if you treat them right...they'll do right by you. I got pulled over in a school zone a couple months ago. I was doin' 40 in a 25, although I had already passed the school and all activity. As I rounded a curve, I saw him sittin' 'side the road. I "new" I was toast. Right after I passed him, I pulled into a vacant lot and waited. When he asked if I realized I was doin' 40, I said, "Yes, I was. I sped up a little after I passed the school, but, I was speeding." He said, "I know you sped up, but, Louisiana law says the speed limit is 25 between the signs. Try to keep that in mind from now on." He handed my license back and sent me on my way. Now, did they purposely place that "End School Zone" sign past the curve? Maybe so....I was still speeding.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Hmmmm If you drive down by the state capitol and get off i-10 there's a big multi story building and the big sign out in front says DOTD department of transpertation and development.
The truckers just shortened it to DOT
Old 07-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I am a firm supporter of law inforcement and can agree with both sides. I have had both family and friends in law enforcement and they are great people. I have also had more than my share of A-holes who have pulled me over. Even got screwed over a few times by some. I deff agree with those of you who say that it is especially bad in some areas in southern louisiana. I have known, not well, but have known guys who were total idiots that joined lawenforcement and have seen them doing some pretty stupid crap in uniform. I always do my best to be respectful as I can everytime I have ever been pulled over. Majority of the time its just a simple warning. A good attitude from both sides can go a long way. Hell, Ive been written tickets for things I wasnt even guilty of. You have to admit that a lot of the cops we have now dont measure up to the same standards that some of you former law enforcement officers on here once did.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Hmmmm If you drive down by the state capitol and get off i-10 there's a big multi story building and the big sign out in front says DOTD department of transpertation and development.
Boy dot cops....dont get me started!!! Lol
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Boy dot cops....dont get me started!!! Lol
My BIL says they are all guys who flunked out of the state police acadamey
Old 07-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
DOTD can not pull you over. DOT can pull you over. TWO different departments.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Another good laugh.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Look up www.dotd.louisiana.gov/ and www.dot.gov/ so the next time you will know the difference. Hmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-29-2011, 03:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 900

Wow I really stirred the pot with this one lol.I want to clear a few things up anyway.It was not my intentions to cause a big ruckus over this.I was completely respectful to the two officers involved I even offered them some of my mosquito repellant that they found during the search of my vehicle because the skeeters was eating me alive.I answered all questions with yes sir and no sir even though they were both young enough to be my children.I thought the whole thing was kinda comical seeing as I hadn't smoked pot in about 20 years.But when I realised that the little **** kept my pocket knife I got kinda irritated that I was singled out for no apparent reason.I have never ever been arrested for anything in my life I can't even recall ever getting a ticket.The worst thing I have ever done is assault a worker at a local snowcone stand and he was my son and had it coming to him luckily the owners didn't press charges against me Anyway with that being said I think I'm gonna let the officer keep the knife since I can easily afford to buy myself another and he probably can't so he got himself a little bonus this month and a token for what he assumed was gonna be his big bust of a life time.Atleast they left my Gulp Mullets alone and I can go get me another limit of flatties on my days off instead of making calls to get my knife back
Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfishfreak View Post
Wow I really stirred the pot with this one lol.I want to clear a few things up anyway.It was not my intentions to cause a big ruckus over this.I was completely respectful to the two officers involved I even offered them some of my mosquito repellant that they found during the search of my vehicle because the skeeters was eating me alive.I answered all questions with yes sir and no sir even though they were both young enough to be my children.I thought the whole thing was kinda comical seeing as I hadn't smoked pot in about 20 years.But when I realised that the little **** kept my pocket knife I got kinda irritated that I was singled out for no apparent reason.I have never ever been arrested for anything in my life I can't even recall ever getting a ticket.The worst thing I have ever done is assault a worker at a local snowcone stand and he was my son and had it coming to him luckily the owners didn't press charges against me Anyway with that being said I think I'm gonna let the officer keep the knife since I can easily afford to buy myself another and he probably can't so he got himself a little bonus this month and a token for what he assumed was gonna be his big bust of a life time.Atleast they left my Gulp Mullets alone and I can go get me another limit of flatties on my days off instead of making calls to get my knife back
we know you was trying to start some crap but we be better and never argue over anything and all have the same view points all the time
Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Red Snapper

HA!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Red Snapper

Nice one!