SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

I had a powertech on a 19' pathfinder with a 150 Vmax and loved the prop. I worked with Marcus of Powertech over the phone. He asked what I was looking for in a prop and he nailed it!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Flounder

Cash: 657

i recently tried a sws2 prop on our last trip to coco, it was a 21p, same diameter with exact results. nothing different except lower rpms. I called nautic star and talked to malcom and he said he never heard of the issue with the 2110, which is bull$hit because i found two posts on the net with people talking about the issue and mentioning his name. Problem is these two posts dont talk about any solutions other than people telling them what to try. Im going to try some transom wedges this week and do some testing. I'll posts results so that others with this problem will find this thread when google searching for solutions.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky2110 View Post
been working like a hebrew slave all day so didnt get to go look around the boat today, but was thinking if my motor is to low, would that make things worse or better? i lowered it down one hole in january and this week was the first time i ran it since. they been killing me with ot at the job.
Having same issues on an Eagle 21' CC with a Merc 200 EFI. U may be on to something with raising it. I had lowered mine a few times with no luck, so I ended up going up on jackplate and things got a little better. Almost all the way up now and still get some porpoising with the slightest chop. Hope you find a solution and pass it on.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Flounder

going to try some th marine transom wedges hopefully tomorrow. according to the nautic star expert wedges should eliminate the problem. Thinking about adding a hydraulic jackplate reguardless because i fish a lot in the shallow waters of montegut. But the jackplate gotta wait a lil while.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Flounder

Cash: 623

I have a Bluewave that started porpoising recently and it was a weight distribution problem. After I bought the boat, I added two additional batteries and a charger in the back but didn't have a problem. I then added a power pole and if I am running by myself without any gear, it starts porpoising at high speed. I moved my trolling motor batteries to the bow and it solved the problem. It sounds like yours is much worse so a simple weight redistribution may not fully work for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Flounder

to be honest its really not that bad and most ppl wouldnt notice it bc they would keep the trim in all the way and be happy like that and cruise at 40. but i like to run wot and i know that where i am now is not the best the boat can perform. we did some testing the other day with hydrofoil and prop swap. the foil helped on turns, boat planes faster and a 1mph lost on the top end. we are thinking the motor is to low so im going to try a jackplate and lift it up and see(planned on adding jackplate this year anyway). based on where the cav plate is supposed to be i am to low. this past weekend my buddy couldnt understand what i was talking about because the boat was riding good in his book, but he doesnt have a boat and once i played with the trim ever so slightly he started to understand where im coming from. i didnt add the wedges yet because i really want to raise the motor after looking at the cav plate when i ran this weekend.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964

Ricky I feel your pain. I know this is an old post but I recently bought a 2110 tunnel with a 200 opti on the back and it does the same thing. Currently I have a rev4 17p prop and was told that I needed more of a stern lifting prop. I'll be testing out some prop through my prop guy.
I spoke with Nautic star as well and the gentleman I spoke with said they have had complaints with the 2110 and porpoising. It is usually a weight issue. The 2110 isn't super wide and isn't very long. When you combine the low weight factor in front of the console to the extra weight of motor and batteries and such you have a tail heavy boat.
His recommendation was get a good stern lifting prop, move weight/people forward, and lastly trim tabs.
In my case I have a 200 opti, 6" jackplate, 6' powerpole, 2 batteries, and all the wiring in the back half of the boat. the trolling motor batteries are in the center console.

It's pretty upsetting like you said. you expect a boat to ride level and it doesn't. I can't get anywhere near trimming my motor out. I've ordered trim tabs and will be testing out some other props but I think it's just the nature of the 2110.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

check all your rear compartments and bilge area and make sure youre not holding any water. get rid of any excess weight in the rear and help it raise out of the water
Old 03-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Trophy Trout

Ya mine is dry and the rear of the 2110 has no storage really other then bilge area. Only thing that could be truly done would be to move both starting and house up under center console with trolling. That would move roughly 100 lbs up from the back.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicegoose View Post
Ya mine is dry and the rear of the 2110 has no storage really other then bilge area. Only thing that could be truly done would be to move both starting and house up under center console with trolling. That would move roughly 100 lbs up from the back.
You might install and "Air Foil" on that "T-Topper", it should help hold the boat down.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Oh ya a spoiler for sure would work.!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Maybe try putting a couple sand bags in the front. You have an anchor locker on the front deck?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Ya i do i was gunna try that out too. See what helps.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

I have a 2110 with a jackplate and a Merc F150. i did have that problem and lowered my motor. it will still start bouncing if i have alot of weight in the back. no issue with weight distributed correctly.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Trophy Trout

I would imagine the added weight of 200 and the tunnel doesnt help my case.

So you lowered your motor via jackplate or mount holes?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

I hate to say it but a wedge isn't going to do anything but allow you to trim the motor down further.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Maybe try putting a couple sand bags in the front. You have an anchor locker on the front deck?
I had to move my cranking battery to the center console by my trolling batteries. Then has to add 3 20# bags of sand n the anchor locker at the bow.
It worked but if I had my rear live well filled up with bait or for a tourney it still sat low and squatted when I took off.
I had a 12 inch bobs hydraulic plate with a 225 yammy.
Once on plane it was fine.
Also I had to plug my drains in the rear Bc the water line was to low and when I was still the water would back up into the boat .
From my understanding blue wave has since fixed this issue.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Im going to move both batteries to console. That should help