SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:44 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default this is a test for cajun country

guys
you all know that i have tried several times to entice you to get on the billystix custom rod program, it is a truly great rod and i am going to try one more time if this fails then i am just going to a-ss-me that i will not be able to do much business i cajun country.
let me give you a little custom rod history, the normal custom rod builder will want to charge for his work upwards to $400 to $450 and take approx 2 to 3 months to build, you can check this out for yourself easily enough, now billystix custom rods very rarley takes longer than 3 to 4 weeks depends on how backed up i am, rod cost's normally run around $200to $225 with titanium guides , now i dont have enough time to explain all the advantages that you the cajun fisherman will have when he has a custom billystix spiral rod built, but it will be very evedent on your very first cast as shad man can attest to, now what i am about to offer is almost a totally unheard of price when it comes to custom rods, i could post this on another certain board and spend all day answering e mails on this rod that i am going to offer you here on cajun country, now you ask why do you want to offer it to us?? simple i want to get a billystix spiral following in cajun country simplely put and if this is what it takes then i will give it a shot, i have several 6ft9 spin or bait casters that i would like to move these rods have 7 in lower grips so that you will get the perfect balance with your reel "have you ever given a thought to balance" also by using a 7 in lower grip this gives you the same fishing surface that you would have in a 7ft rod, titanium guides list retail cklose to $100 a set this same custom billystix rod would sell for $225 that is at this price a good bit better than say another rodbuilders price, so now you are sayinnnnn ok how much enough talk i am only going to offer at this price - " 2 -" rods to someone for $125 plus shipping, now what i hope happens is that these 2 folks will step forward and endorse my rods to their fellow cajun fishermen
so who is going to be the first 2 to let me build you one of these spirals so that you can help me spread the billystix spiralstix word.
looking forward to building for you.
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW--REDFISH-CHASING SHRIMP LOGO.jpg (62.5 KB, 227 views)
Old 07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 984

There is a lot of good things to look at on your website!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650

My wife is going to kill me PM with the billing info,I'll take one
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
*****Cajun *******

Hi rob
give me a call, it will be built to your specs so i will need to talk to you.
Stix
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

It's not that you don't make a fine looking rod, or have any issues for anyone to complain about, hell, I like looking at your site also! However, they have several custom rod builders in our area. My dad uses a rod built by Kevin's Custom Rods in Rayne, La and I just got my first custom rod as a birthday present from my wife. I must say, that the rod Zach at Z-Rods built me is the bomb and I will probably order another from him.

We appreciate your post and input, but I for one, will try to support local guys first. I am not trying to be rude or ugly, just want to to up front and honest. I am in business development, so I appreciate when a guy tells me not to waste my time!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
*****Cajun *******

THATsounds like a good idea for sure, but i will just keep on keepnn on thats for sure, hope you like your new rod congrats on having a great wife.
stix
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
King Mackeral

I like your business hustle Stix!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Redfish

Cash: 600

Stix, will probably call you tomorrow to see about getting either one or two rods...
Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM
*****Cajun *******

thanks
i for the kind words i am 70 years young get up at 4 am every morning go to work and work 6 days a week and in my spare time i do the custom rod hustle, the doctors all tell me i have at least 20 more to go no medicial problems other than i can't keep my mouth shut nor can i be still for very long, i learned to build rods kinda sorta when i was about 13 in a place called staugustine fla, also learned the art of making a cast net by hand using a cedar hand made board and handmade needle used cow horns for the slip ring for the pull strings they called them spanish nets back then they also had one that had a bag around the bottom ole guys used to be able to wade out in the surf and cast a 14 ftr in chest deep water and make it sing when they threw it.triva dont ya know, also learned from the ole timers how to make corn mash in the barn"moonshine" good stuff when it was made right
stix
Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I've always liked the design and beauty of your rods,hopefully one day I can afford one.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

stixx..its not that ur prices are too high..just that times are tough..
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

If you still have one for $125, I'll take it. Just let me know how to pay for it.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

that's a good buy! wish i needed another rod right now

haven't been using the ones i got
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
*****Cajun *******

good job guys all the 6ft9 bait casters in med are gone
all i have left in bait cast are med hvy --hvy--med light i belive i have 3 ea left.
i have several spin in med if you are looking for spin but the cost on those are a bit higher due to the larger guides but not reel bad $25 more,
those of you that have called and missed me we will connect sooner or later
stix
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default team billystix 09

hi guys
we are going to have several cajun's on "team billystix 09" i have gotten some postive feed back and i hope to have a challenge shortly just need to wait and see if he takes the bait, if he does i am going to set the hook hard so stay tuned.
how about it shadman lets hear it from your end help me out here, did you see what was posted about billystix on salty texan pretty sweet i thought. as soon as i get my new t shirts i will giveaway a couple.
stix
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I hit up my sister in law and told her that she needed to get my brother in law one for his birthday.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default birthday rod

thanks dude
if it works i will take care of you when you want to order for yourself
stix
Old 08-01-2009, 04:43 PM
*****Cajun *******

Default salty cajun t shirts

shadman
when will you be shipping the t shirts dude?
stix
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
King Mackeral

Billy- not sure if the "bait" did it, or the pictures of the girls on your website, but I am always up for a challenge. I am not sure what your "wadestix" is like, but I can tell you that I normally fish 12# Berkley Big Game, using anything from topwaters, to swim baits. I like a rod with a fast tip, so during those Jan/Feb trips when I am fishing swim baits in deep holes, I can feel that ever so slight "heavy" feeling of a big old yellow mouth sucking that swim bait in.

I like a rod at least 7' long, and have grown custom to 7'6". The rod also has to have "backbone" for those pesky redfish that seem to be bothersome during our summer fun. I can attest to giving you 100% honest feedback, and do it with an open mind. Like I said earlier, the weight (or lack of) of this rod is what got me sold on it. I don't know how it is made so light, and don't really care.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM
*****Cajun *******

stix