SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,025
Default So, what do y'all think about this?

I'm rockin' it in the ER today in the hill country (yes Texas, I'm sorry). Anyway, had an older patient who was all jacked up but didn't want to be admitted because he didn't have insurance. I say "not even Medicaid". He says, I can't get it. I'm like ***.

Anyway, the dude moved from Canada 40 years ago to marry his wife (American). Did all the paperwork to become a citizen and has assumed he was a full-up citizen. Working hard in Texas, paying taxes, owns a business, working hard. Until, now 40 years later the guy is jacked up and needing major heart surgery. Medicaire tells him he's not eligible, because he's not a citizen.

So, this dude is having to spend his life savings on medical care. Thought he was good to go. I think it's BS.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 852

So go back to Canada...if he's not a citizen here, he has to be one there. They're socialized.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,025
Default citizenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
So go back to Canada...if he's not a citizen here, he has to be one there. They're socialized.
The dude has been a hard working, contributing, tax paying "citizen" of this country for over 40 years............he should "go back to Canada"?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: 852

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjay View Post
The dude has been a hard working, contributing, tax paying "citizen" of this country for over 40 years............he should "go back to Canada"?
Look I agree with you, but if time is short, do what you have to and go back. And your wrong,somehow he forgot to get something done that would make him a legal "citizen", doesn't matter what you've been doing for 40 years in the eyes of the US immigration and i'm sure he knew it.
Sad story...I'm sure he's a stand up guy, never met a Canadian I didn't like...hard workin hard partyin people. Hope he gets it done how ever possible. I'm sure he never thought this would happen to him and he got the shaft. Not really the gov'ts fault here though since he neglected to take care of the paperwork,,,thats all Im saying. Sucks, but thats how it is and it wouldn't be any different if you went to some other country and did the same thing I'm pretty sure.

Now don't even get me started on the 3 million non documented workers that send all their money South.

Last edited by FlatoutFishin; 08-09-2009 at 03:05 AM.