SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
You have to be pretty stupid (or a pot smoker) to confuse Constitutional liberties with reasonable regulation of things that are within the state's powers to regulate.

RKBA is a fundamental Constitutional right. Owning and driving cars is a privilege.

Only those who are foolish, evil, and/or stupid refuse to see the difference.

States rights are a fundamental part of the ridiculousness of the overwhelming fear that people in suits are going to come by next week and start beating your family and taking your guns.

States make pot legal, move there. It's still a federal offense but the govt knows their place. It's funny so many people rant constantly about how the government is coming for our guns, but I've never met a single person that's sacrificing their free time and giving themselves to the cause and affecting change.

If you're that scared, do something and/or move to a state with some balls.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I thought we were supposed to be praying. Not debating states rights.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default Massacre in Florida Nightclub

Don't mistake my shedding perspective for what I believe. I've been on here for a while now and very few people have noticed that if you argue apples, I'm going oranges. Perspective is always good.

A lot of folks don't here any other thought outside of Fox News and Sean Hannity; good luck finding someone who disagrees with them on anything. How is that possible or healthy?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Don't mistake my shedding perspective for what I believe. I've been on here for a while now and very few people have noticed that if you argue apples, I'm going oranges. Perspective is always good.

A lot of folks don't here any other thought outside of Fox News and Sean Hannity; good luck finding someone who disagrees with them on anything. How is that possible or healthy?
Totally fair.......but beleiving that anyone that stands firm in what they do beleive in is only listening to one perspective is in and of itself esoteric......right?

I always enjoy your perspective..........but I also enjoy the simpleness of those that are unwavering in what they beleive in.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

https://www.facebook.com/brett.a.yod...5411689854590/
Old 06-14-2016, 07:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
You missed your own point. People that are truely praying aren't talking about it. I'm not one of those so no I'm not patting my back.
Maybe you should resd the below to understand what I said.

"INSTEAD OF PROMOTING PRAYER FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES AND THEIR FAMILIES?"

Is that clear enough for you? My response was directly to his question of why there isn't anyone promoting prayer on social media. I'm not denying that there are people that pray and don't post. Can we get past that? My point is: YOU GET ATTACKED ON SOCIAL MEDIA WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT PRAYER!! That is nust as much reason why people do not post now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Anyone else find it messed up that there is more time spent on social media by people trying to advocate their pro gun / anti gun , pro Islam / anti Islam , pro gay / anti gay .... Etc instead of promoting prayer for the people who lost their lives and their families?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post

i think this is bologna....

they said the emergency clinic was not accepting anymore people due to the fact they thought the shooter was still on the loose and they feared the shooter would approach the hospital.

i could be wrong but i dont think anybody was acting.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
i think this is bologna....

they said the emergency clinic was not accepting anymore people due to the fact they thought the shooter was still on the loose and they feared the shooter would approach the hospital.

i could be wrong but i dont think anybody was acting.
you could be correct... but theres another video showing them carrying the guy w the red shoes on... then once they get farther from the camera he stands up and the guy carrying him has a smile on his face...
Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

I noticed. That's why I have smartazz comebacks to a lot of things you say. I enjoy your views. I believe what I believe and I know others believe differently than me. My beliefs have changed many times over the years because I saw proof that what I belived was wrong. Never so set in what I think that I don't welcome another view point and am not willing to learn from it even if it proves that I was wrong.
Just for perspective. I have many friends that are gay and my son is dating a Muslim.