SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188
Default Dularge?

Need to catch some fish and like right now. Have had a ridiculous amount of bad trips in a row. I am in need of going somewhere different for a change of scenery if nothing else. Does anyone on here have any information about Dularge? I have seen some reports that people are catching the trouts down there but I have never been. Any information would be great.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Call Capt. Bill lake. Can't miss that way
Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

Ive been in the same boat, one bad trip after another. Alot of good reports coming out of Dularge. From what I hear all fish are being caught in the dead end canals around the Bayou Saveur area, Deer bayou and north of Lake Mechant. Fish are being caught on the bottom with Saltwater tackle holographic minnows. Tsunamis in the Purple haze color. Fish dead slow with almost no retrieve. I plan on making a trip down there with the wife maybe thursday afternoon
Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
Alot of good reports coming out of Dularge. From what I hear all fish are being caught in the dead end canals around the Bayou Saveur area, Deer bayou and north of Lake Mechant.
I've heard the same, dead-end canals and Lake Mechant when the tide is moving. One of our members, and his family, limited out on Reds in two hours this past weekend in the four point area of Dulac.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Dularge has been pretty consisten for a while. It doesnt really have the problems with fresh water.My brother has a trip scheduled next week with capt Bill Lake. We have become friends with him over the years of hiring him on occasion and just getting advice. He's the best of the best down on that end.Looks like we are supposed to have some really cold weather next week. Not sure what all that is going to do to the fishing.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

buddy had a camp at fishermans retreat...just sold it. i know thw area.... who wants to fish it.?????
Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Ling

If you do go,just be careful, the tides have been tanking lately in the mornings out there.There is a lot of real shallow places in those lakes and marshes.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I know a few spots
Old 12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

I saw 1 or 2 reports on the OTHER site. Another good guide to call is Capt Marty L. At this time, all the fish are being caught in either Sister Lake or Lake Mechant. I have not fished there in some time. After mothers day if the wind is not bad run out to the pickets or mardi gras rig. They are about 8 - 13 miles once you hit the gulf.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default hmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
Need to catch some fish and like right now. Have had a ridiculous amount of bad trips in a row. I am in need of going somewhere different for a change of scenery if nothing else. Does anyone on here have any information about Dularge? I have seen some reports that people are catching the trouts down there but I have never been. Any information would be great.
Can't help ya ,never fished that area.
Ask ya buddy yak about the area i told him about in G.I. between the bridges. If ya don't have a big boat ya can lauinch off the side of the road. My friends from Ga. Caught over 50 reds each monday from the bank . I'll give a report sunday night good or bad.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
I saw 1 or 2 reports on the OTHER site. Another good guide to call is Capt Marty L. At this time, all the fish are being caught in either Sister Lake or Lake Mechant. I have not fished there in some time. After mothers day if the wind is not bad run out to the pickets or mardi gras rig. They are about 8 - 13 miles once you hit the gulf.
yeah capt. marty is pretty good too. He takes care of some of capt. Bills overflow. Capt Bill is still the guru of the Du. Right now bayou seveur is really good. Look for some deeper drop offs and a certain certain dead end canal towards the back. with all of this cold weather they should be stacked up in there right now. This past year the trout were off shore as early as April. Besides the mardi gras and pickets coon pt. and enstar is very good spots too.