SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Say what yall want that ole Nazi lady is one of the rudest people on Earth.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Say what yall want that ole Nazi lady is one of the rudest people on Earth.
^^^^
Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714
Slimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Shorty is about 4ft 2......You expect him to be a happy guy..........
Now we know where you get your attitude!!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

I've only seen her fuss at dumb ****s who deserved it. Only got sideways with me once cuz my buddy romped on the throttle in her cove. Told her sorry wont happen again and she was pleased.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
People are like 1000 years old...damn cut them some slack ....its not like they have not paid there dues in life
Hummm.... Then why do you give Salty a hard time???
Old 05-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Yes, she was always firm but wasn't what I consider rude. I'd imagine that if any of us was to be the ones watching over that, we'd all have a harsh up front appearance after putting up with all the idiots. I just chalk it up to age and her experience down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Ain't none of em as bad as Gary Newell in Toledo bend
Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

As much as we complain about idiots at the launches...imagine having to live at the launch and depend on those idiots and thieves( the ones who don't want to pay) for your livelihood ...we would all be a boat launch nazi in no time lol
Old 05-11-2013, 02:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I've only seen her fuss at dumb ****s who deserved it. Only got sideways with me once cuz my buddy romped on the throttle in her cove. Told her sorry wont happen again and she was pleased.
She better recognize the power lol, that was miller lites fault.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I think we've probably all been rude (or worse) to plenty of people in our lives. I know I am not particularly blessed when people claim karma or just rewards when trouble or difficulty comes my way. What happened to "judge not lest ye be judged"?

There probably is some place to point out poor quality in products or services offered to the public in a gentle and good natured manner intended to inform rather than berate and ridicule. Perhaps we should search our hearts to see if the above posts went beyond this.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368277600.000301.jpg
Toughen up, girls.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I think we've probably all been rude (or worse) to plenty of people in our lives. I know I am not particularly blessed when people claim karma or just rewards when trouble or difficulty comes my way. What happened to "judge not lest ye be judged"?

There probably is some place to point out poor quality in products or services offered to the public in a gentle and good natured manner intended to inform rather than berate and ridicule. Perhaps we should search our hearts to see if the above posts went beyond this.
Maybe if you search the past history of these people, you will understand.
1. You go to a landing to launch your boat and most of the time no matter what you did you get fussed at. This is a landing where you pay to get fussed at. The landing is not in good shape and if you don't watch yourself you will back off of it and usually tear up your trailer. The landing has holes in it and if you say something about it, they claim that there is nothing wrong with it and it is you who can't launch a boat.

2. After you launch your boat you have to walk on a dock that usually has nail heads sticking up and the boards are uneven and if it is dark you can trip on them. But that is ok because they say it is the best around.

3. After you pick up your boat if you pull out of the way so someone else can pick up their boat she runs after you hollering to be paid, like you are trying to get away from paying 3 dollars.

4. After you pick up your boat if you don't pull out of the way, she yells that you are in the way and need to move your stuff.

5. When you launching or picking up your boat she or him is usually at the door yelling to back up or pull up like you never launched a boat before. If you have trouble backing up she or him yells to hurry up and get out of the way. I have seen him back a trailer before and he has more trouble than most people.

And that is just a few of the ways that people are treated and they have to pay to get that treatment.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 573

Ole lady came on to me once.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

if you are mad, then don't launch there

some people like a little rudeness occasionally, like the Seinfeld episode of the Soup Nazi, there was a drive thru coffee shop in Monroe they called the lady the coffee Nazi. Lady was rude as could be, but there was always a long line to get here coffee. You better not try and make any substitutions or ask for something not on the menu or she would give you an earful Despite all this, people would go here to get a little dose of 'rude' in the mornings before they went to work.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrab1989 View Post
before yall posting things yall need to get the whole story they still have the contract for three more years i know because my grandparents an them are best friends an they have a business to run just like anybody else an if people wouldnt try to drive off without paying as much as they do she wouldnt be like that an if people would go inside an sit there for 5 mins an talk to them yall would see they are really nice people just make an efford to go pay before u pick the boat up an u will never have a problem i have been docking out of there all my life an never once had a problem so before u start talking about people why dont u get to know them first.

I have been knowing these people since I was about 10 years old and she has always been one of the meanest women I have ever met. Shorty has always been cordial when meeting him at the landing and never said much but was straight forward. Her on the other hand, she has never been nice to anyone. The last time I had any dealings with them was when I towed a boat in that had broke down, I tied my boat to the dock to help trailer the boat that I towed. She came from the house after the grandson went paid for the launch and wanted to know who was tied to the dock. I told her it was my boat and I was leaving as soon as I helped get the boat on the trailer, she wanted me to pay for the launch. I explained that I was just helping the man get his boat on the trailer and I was leaving, as I had launched at another dock. After the third time of her telling me I needed to pay for the launch, I told her I wasn't paying because I didn't use her launch and left. Reasons like that are the reasons people feel the way they do about Gary's Landing.

Warren
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,286
Default Where is it?

Where is it located?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nd fan View Post
Where is it located?
Gary's landing is southwest of the town of Lake Arthur right by the northeast corner of Lacassine NR.

Take Hwy 14 west of Lake Arthur about 6 miles and turn south on hwy 3056. Just before you get on the refuge property, take a left and this takes you to the landing.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

All we need is for someone to open a new boat landing. Do not see that happening. Going to be intresting when the Gary's pass away and there will probably be no landing there.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by papap View Post
All we need is for someone to open a new boat landing. Do not see that happening. Going to be intresting when the Gary's pass away and there will probably be no landing there.
Don't they have a better boat launch at Meyers? Sure Meyers is a lil farther up the river but it is either drive it by car or by boat and I prefer to do it by boat because of them.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nd fan View Post
Where is it located?
It's in Lowry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2