SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Direct TV or Cox

Ok experts, here is the deal! Seems like I am getting one of those big a$$ flat screen HD's for Christmas. So I have Direct Tv at home now and love it. However, I am learning that my local channel will look like crap on satellite and have to get a HD antenna for the tv to see my Saints play on the big screed w/o the fuzz.

Do I swap to Cox cable to get HD local channels (if available) or do I stay with Direct TV and fight the local channel issue? FYI: I have yet to hear anything good from Cox around the water cooler at the office and I don't like their pricing!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

I will tell you this get the HD package from who ever...you will not go back to regular channels...guy that works with me just got the HD channels from direct TV (he is from Texas) but he said the HD was awesome!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

fwiw....i just cancelled cox HD and went back to DISH network HD. Pictures don't even compare! Cox was crap!

You should be able to get your locals through Direct or DISH. I think its the lake charles market that blocks locals. My installer said lafayette & beaumont gets all locals through DISH.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

Cox or suddenlink??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

had cox when we bought the house, went to DISH, went back to cox (now suddenlink) and now back with DISH. DISH has always been better picture.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

at my parents house they have directv and they pick up the local channels in HD with regular rabbit ears because there is a digital tuner built in to the new tvs. The service at cox sucks...they will not run service to the house i have on my parents property because it is down a gravel road so they just say it is out of their service area when everybody around me can get cable
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

I have Cox at home & Direct TV at my camp (several us chip in on it) I like the Direct TV a whole lot better!!!!!!! Don't like the pricing on Cox either!!!! Fixing to start on my house here shortly & I will go with Direct TV
Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Direct TV it is, thanks for the input!

I really like everything about Direct TV, but they will not allow you to get CBS,ABC,FOX in HD if you already have local programming. I guess they want thier money from the local commercials which I can't blame them. To see HD programming on local channels I will have to turn the satellite off and use regular antenna, go figure!