SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Late duck report sunday 11/20/11

Hunted gc sunday morning and ended up bring in 10 birds--6 greys, 1 teal, 2 spoonies and a widgeon. We ended up losing 7 birds total due to no dog which really upsets me, and also our shooting wasn't up to par i think someone forgot to put bb's in my shells. We had to hunt til 12 due to the fact the grey ducks started flying late and were still coming in while we were picking up birds and decoys. Got to the truck and the birds were still coming out the refuge and dive bombing our marsh. Still ended up with a great hunt. Also to give an update had a buddy of mine from gc come to my inlaws house and said that the word got around and my decoys that some pos stole from me opening weekend were back in my boat. The culprit was a young kid whos dad made him put them back when he was asked about the theft. Can't seem to get the picture of the birds from sunday off my phone. Micha or eddie can ya'll put it on here for me?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

WOW! That is great to hear about the dekes making their way home. The little boy is probably having a hard time sitting down if it goes the way I would have it! Those greys relly know how to make a late entry!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
wow! That is great to hear about the dekes making their way home. The little boy is probably having a hard time sitting down if it goes the way i would have it! Those greys relly know how to make a late entry!
the sad part is we know the family and that kid wasn't raised like that. As far as the grey ducks i don't mind staying. Them grey ducks are really smart, cause once the shooting stopped in our area them suckers started coming out the woodworks. Brother-n-law made a hunt yesterday and didn't get out there until 9:00 and killed his limit by himself 5 grey ducks and a pintail.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Hunted gc sunday morning and ended up bring in 10 birds--6 greys, 1 teal, 2 spoonies and a widgeon. We ended up losing 7 birds total due to no dog which really upsets me, and also our shooting wasn't up to par i think someone forgot to put bb's in my shells. We had to hunt til 12 due to the fact the grey ducks started flying late and were still coming in while we were picking up birds and decoys. Got to the truck and the birds were still coming out the refuge and dive bombing our marsh. Still ended up with a great hunt. Also to give an update had a buddy of mine from gc come to my inlaws house and said that the word got around and my decoys that some pos stole from me opening weekend were back in my boat. The culprit was a young kid whos dad made him put them back when he was asked about the theft. Can't seem to get the picture of the birds from sunday off my phone. Micha or eddie can ya'll put it on here for me?
Glad ya'll have been killing a few. That is exactly what we have been doing. The going is tuff for us! Had maybe one or two decent hunts, the rest have been poor. I guess I just love going despite the results. I do have optimism and hope though, and I think this rain might change things around for us tomorrow morning. Got to go to know!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Here's your pic Chris...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1321987475788.jpg (96.0 KB, 186 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
glad ya'll have been killing a few. That is exactly what we have been doing. The going is tuff for us! Had maybe one or two decent hunts, the rest have been poor. I guess i just love going despite the results. I do have optimism and hope though, and i think this rain might change things around for us tomorrow morning. Got to go to know!

yep you right that's the motto i live by.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh boy View Post
here's your pic chris...

thanks micha. You can tell by the look on my face i was mad at them suckers.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

Glad to see the ducks are in GC. I know is was real hard hunting last year in some spots. Maybe this weather will put them on the right path. I am tired of watching flights fly over my house early in the morning while I drink coffee. I torchure myself though I guess!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Say micah gonna make sure my father-n-law ain't got me bringing anybody saturday and if you want the opening day crew will try to redeem ourselves witht them grey ducks. You down?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,771

nice hunt
Old 11-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Blue Marlin

Yep thursday i'm gonna be so pumped with this cool weather.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Nice job Chris. Hopefully this weather will bring in the ducks for you.