SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-20-2016, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Letting weather tell me where to fish

Been getting a few PMS on where I been catching fish. Can't seem to figure out how to reply to PMS. Anyway I have been having pretty good luck everywhere. When we have high south winds been fishing south bank in big lake and west cove areas usually close to deep water. There for awhile winds were so bad I gave prein and lake Charles a try and caught alot of reds and small trout. Calm winds lately have been great. Fishing has been good just about anywhere I try. Full moon and good tides making it easy. If u can get live shrimp it should be pretty easy to box a mess of fish. If u see pogies or mullet spend the extra time and catch em it will be worth it. Fish em just like u would live shrimp. I finally found some good color little jons at lake Charles tackle and can see why Waltrip uses them. They love em! Had success with soft dines also. One thing I have noticed lately is the schools of fish are spooking really easy. Not so much the small trout but the 18" and over ones and reds spook easy so trolling in from a further distance and letting the wind push u as much as possible has helped me catch better fish. Other morning I had my limit of trout by 9 or so and 3 reds and had been trying to finish my limit of reds off. I was letting the wind push me up to the school and was looking like I may get on em again when this flat bottom came around the corner heading straight for them. There was one bird circling overhead but was really high. It finally saw something it liked and swooped down and that boat saw it and headed right to it. Got right up on em ran to front of boat thru trolling motor in the water and was in high gear against the wind slapping that aluminum hull like we were racing to em. I had been watching them all morning waiting patiently and when it looked like I was gonna get a chance it was all over. I know the guy was excited and he did pick up a few small ones but if u want the better fish I'd be as stealth as possible. Good luck everyone and tight lines. I think I'm gonna make a quick trip in am when I get off
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Thanks for taking the time to report helpful stuff. Tactics that work is better than "go to this spot" any day.
Agreed on lil johns. I always read about people catching with them and thought they looked like all plastics, but finally started using some when I'm trying to locate a few fish and cover some water, and for such a plain lookin little thing, they sure seem to work well.
Keep poundin em.