SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGINJROB View Post
Think you should probably just ignore him for rest of season. Don't fuel the fire by confronting him. Obviously he has taken it as insult.

Also, if you can see him firing shots in your direction.... the blinds are waaaay tooooo close. Seems like farmer has too many blinds leased out.

Just my 2 cents

Blinds are about 3/4 of a mile apart. Not too close if people know how to hunt.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

sounds like behavior problems, you can't reason or change the man, give him a pro rated refund and press charges on him for aggravated assault. sounds harsh, but his malicious ways of throwing a fit are criminal and in some way need to be dealt with for society's safety.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
sounds like behavior problems, you can't reason or change the man, give him a pro rated refund and press charges on him for aggravated assault. sounds harsh, but his malicious ways of throwing a fit are criminal and in some way need to be dealt with for society's safety.
My lease partner that was in the blind when he pulled this nonsense is a Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Deputy. LOL
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

He sounds like a lost cause. But maybe give it one more shot and invite him to hunt with you in your blind and show him first hand how it is done. Then just maybe, he'll realize what is the right way to hunt.

I just don't understand some people. To me, the thrill of the hunt is always working the birds in closer and not the kill itself. He's missing out on the best part of duck and goose hunting.

Best of luck.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Biggest problem is Blinds are too close if your flaring ducks from blind to blind......

2nd...He is an idiot but if he paid the lease....He can shoot black birds all day for that matter

Were I hunt.... We have two blinds that are leased out on the farm........ when they shoot we can barley hear them and with a south or north wind...we never hear them at all....
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
ok was it you or the farmer that leased it out. If it was you have 1/2 of his money and a release form for him. Go pick up his decoys the afternoon before and meet him the next morning. Give him all his stuff and tell him not to come back or he will be charged with trespassing. Cased closed cause if you dont stop the BS right now you will also be looking for another spot
true dat
Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Who is it?????
Long Spoon Regards
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
true dat
And a good spot isn't easy to come by.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Punch him in his dumb *** mouth and send him packing, like everyone else said a good place is hard to come by dont let one ignorant fool ruin what you have worked hard for. On that note id be interested if you need some one lol
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

kick him out and lease it to me for the rest of the season
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Redfish

The farmer leased it directly to him on my recommendation and I recommended him after having several conversations with him. After talking with him, it was clear he knew the right way to hunt. So, now I know that he was full of &*%$ and that he just talks a good game but acts like an @$$. The location of the blinds is not the issue as with a wind from his direction he can't hear me and vice versa. And we have had birds flare from shots from 3+ miles away if the wind is from that direction. I don't mind birds flaring if he is making legitimate shots at birds but the shooting of everything that passes after I have talked to him politely considering I got him in the lease.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
The farmer leased it directly to him on my recommendation and I recommended him after having several conversations with him. After talking with him, it was clear he knew the right way to hunt. So, now I know that he was full of &*%$ and that he just talks a good game but acts like an @$$. The location of the blinds is not the issue as with a wind from his direction he can't hear me and vice versa. And we have had birds flare from shots from 3+ miles away if the wind is from that direction. I don't mind birds flaring if he is making legitimate shots at birds but the shooting of everything that passes after I have talked to him politely considering I got him in the lease.
I would just let the farmer know you were wrong about him and that you are very sorry for any problems he has caused. And you are no way connected to the guys behavior. Tell him that you had several conversations about it with the guy and cant think of anything else to do but dont want it to affect your relationship with him(the farmer).
Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Keep your cool and dont do what I would have done or would do
x2
Old 12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

He doesn't post much, so I doubt he sees. But it'd be nice if he read all of this. Maybe he'd get the hint.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104

Part of me says owell to bad to sad u r SOL. He paid his dues he did not lease from u so he can hunt however he pleases. If he wants to paint hisself silver and sit in his boat flapping his arms and hollers quack all u can do is sit back and say who woulda thought it.

The other half of me that hunts The Wax says kick his *** or kick him out the club. Quit being nice no matter what people say being nice gets u nothing. Give him a pro rate and kick him like a case of crabs. He sounds like a idiot who came fresh off a WMA and has no ethics or manners. This is just my 2 cents.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Sorc, reading his post on here, he acts like its such a burden to hunt that blind. Also doesn't look like they been killing. Not near as good as yall for sure.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Sorc, reading his post on here, he acts like its such a burden to hunt that blind. Also doesn't look like they been killing. Not near as good as yall for sure.
He hasn't been doing as well as we have because we let the big bunches get in tight and shoot em at 15 yds which results in 4 to 8 birds out of each bunch. And 3 or 4 bunches and we are close to 20 birds a hunt which as you know our average per hunt is 17. He shoots at bunches at 50-60yds which results in maybe 1 bird out of each bunch therefore he is only killing 3 or 4 birds per hunt. The birds are there....they have been there all year......you know Nate and you know exactly what we have been killing. This guy is in the same area as me so if he's not killing something is wrong with what he is doing. He just doesn't understand. We are close to 400 birds this year in about 22 hunts. i dont think he has killed 50 this year. You would think he would figure it out. Especially with me holding his hand and walking him thru it.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Redfish

I haven't mentioned who it is but if he continues to do what he has been doing I will post his identity so everyone will know and won't fall into the same trap I did.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

If this idiot screwed me this bad, I would expose this dip c h it on who it is....he could screw over someone else on the site.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Chalk it up as a lesson learned and let him know the last day of season that it is his last day. Make sure he gets all his $hit out while you are onsite so if he returns the law will handle it from there on out. Might want to interview more closely next time since it can't be too hard to figure out if someone is a sport fairly quickly.

Good Luck

I am looking for a blind 2012
Closed Thread