SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,325
Default Benefit thoughts

Feedback from the tourney please. What might be done different, what might be added, what might be done away with. Any other thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Have meeting at a sociable place ,were u can get a section for a.meeting in lake charles
Ex...Casa,Huddle Up,etc ..place u can eat ,drink and have meeting

2nd minus rain

3rd it was great set up at cal point
Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Have meeting at a sociable place ,were u can get a section for a.meeting in lake charles
Ex...Casa,Huddle Up,etc ..place u can eat ,drink and have meeting

2nd minus rain

3rd it was great set up at cal point
This sums it up!

sammich
Old 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

X3 on the captain meeting. More centrally located. Long drive from Herbert's to westlake
Old 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Also, I know I don't have room to talk because I did well in the raffle, but thin out the raffle gifts some more to give more people a chance to leave with at least a little something. I felt big stuff like the rods should have been one at a time. And teams with multiple partners would get one gift (rod) to split for placing ( not sure what categories). How does that work?

Tournament was well done and trophies were a nice addition. Thanks again for another great tourney salty Cajun. Thanks to everyone that donated prizes and money.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

And I would like to say how impressed I was with the Sponsors and the stuff they donated for the event was awesome
Old 08-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

personally, i think teams should be given two rods. but if raffled they should be done one at a time so more people have a chance to win like LCD said.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

How soon after the online raffle closes will the total donation be disclosed?
May sounds like a much cooler month to have a tournament,great job on sponsors, great job with kids grab bags of baits, great job of selecting the caterer/DJ. The 1/32 scale of Waltrip on those troufy's was spot on, cudos to the designer.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Also, I don't have room to talk because I did GREAT in the raffle, but thin out the raffle gifts some more to give ME a chance to leave with at least a BUICK FULL OF PRIZES. I felt big stuff like the rods should have been one at a time. And teams with multiple partners would get one gift (rod) to split for placing ( not sure what categories). How does that work?

Tournament was well done and trophies were a nice addition. Thanks again for another great tourney salty Cajun. Thanks to everyone that donated prizes and money.
\
Yazee my A$$
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

I think a few more fish categories would help out to give people a better chance at winning something. Doesnt have to be as much but just something people can have a chance at winning that aren't big trout experts.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
How soon after the online raffle closes will the total donation be disclosed?
May sounds like a much cooler month to have a tournament,great job on sponsors, great job with kids grab bags of baits, great job of selecting the caterer/DJ. The 1/32 scale of Waltrip on those troufy's was spot on, cudos to the designer.
You can't have a tournament with this out come in May
#1 May has very limited days of fishing with High Winds and muddy water
#2 kids are In school and parents will more than likely have events to attend on weekends

1st weekend in August is a perfect time and we had 101 who entered ...
Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 832

I would like to see a Women's Division added. )
Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
I think a few more fish categories would help out to give people a better chance at winning something. Doesnt have to be as much but just something people can have a chance at winning that aren't big trout experts.
Thats what im talking bout.....smallest legal trout, hell i might win....like LCD said thin out some of the raffles a little and im sure someone could find a mister fan for cooling off while hanging out, other than that it was great and prizes were great too as well as the food...thanks to everyone that helped and fish that made this a success....
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
Thats what im talking bout.....smallest legal trout, hell i might win....like LCD said thin out some of the raffles a little and im sure someone could find a mister fan for cooling off while hanging out, other than that it was great and prizes were great too as well as the food...thanks to everyone that helped and fish that made this a success....
I was paying attention on the last raffle!
Not gonna lie, I was pumped to win both duces. But, I would like to see the rods raffled off one at a time...give more people a chance to get their hands on some gear or Baits. Not trying to sound liberal here, but spread it around. I will however enjoy these rods!!
sammich
Old 08-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

I pulled off a few raffle wins also, I usually never win anything. But to increase your odds of winning buy more tickets!! One suggestion I have would be to make a stack of "hello my name is ________" stickers so everyone can put their screen name on. Then you could have an idea of who you are rubbing elbows with standing in the rain.

I had an awesome time and my nephew pulling off 2nd in youth has his ego through the roof!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 832

Jeff and I were talking about the name tags too...I'll try to make sure we have them next year. I'm gonna make y'all fill it out and put it on before you come weigh in so I can stop asking a hundred times for a name! Lol
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Ladies divisions would be good
Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
I pulled off a few raffle wins also, I usually never win anything. But to increase your odds of winning buy more tickets!! One suggestion I have would be to make a stack of "hello my name is ________" stickers so everyone can put their screen name on. Then you could have an idea of who you are rubbing elbows with standing in the rain.

I had an awesome time and my nephew pulling off 2nd in youth has his ego through the roof!
You had a mountain of baits back there fo sho. Like a few have said, splitting items up alittle would be nice for more chances for everyone especially as the turnout of members increases.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post

It was nice meeting ya. I suggested the same thing Friday night to Sulphite on having name tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Name tags should be a must for next year!!!!!!!!!!! If we only knew that was 1fastmerc hauling azz down the pier in his flip flops after the lighting strike! It was funny, but would have been much better if we knew who we were laughing at!!!!!!!

He can move for a big boy!!!!