SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Redfish

Cash: 909
Default #1 Moment

Slow day at work...

I enjoyed reading how everyone rated themselves on the water, so now I'm curious...

What has been your #1 most embarassing moment on the water...
or at least that you'll admit to.

Mine came several years ago while out night fishing, and the game warden crept up on my buddy and I in a brand new Skeeter he had just confiscated a couple of weeks before. - I saw him coming from about 50 yards out, but I didn't recognize the boat. I told my buddy that if this guy is rude enough to motor through our fishing area in the middle of the night, we're going to hit him with a little surprise. The guy kept getting closer and closer, so when he was about 10 yards out, my buddy and I soaked him with our hand held watter cannons.

Fortunately, it was a warm summer night, and the guy had a good sense of humour about it
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tiger View Post
Slow day at work...

I enjoyed reading how everyone rated themselves on the water, so now I'm curious...

What has been your #1 most embarassing moment on the water...
or at least that you'll admit to.

Mine came several years ago while out night fishing, and the game warden crept up on my buddy and I in a brand new Skeeter he had just confiscated a couple of weeks before. - I saw him coming from about 50 yards out, but I didn't recognize the boat. I told my buddy that if this guy is rude enough to motor through our fishing area in the middle of the night, we're going to hit him with a little surprise. The guy kept getting closer and closer, so when he was about 10 yards out, my buddy and I soaked him with our hand held watter cannons.

Fortunately, it was a warm summer night, and the guy had a good sense of humour about it
That's funny. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

This was not embarrassing but is funny now....

Me and a buddy were fishing at the first rigs offshore and it was a little choppy..... I was anchored out off the platform and he was sitting on the leaning post fishing..... Well I stood up to go pull the anchor to move ...when a wave catapulted me out the boat....

I swam back to side and my buddy was still fishing and never missed a lick....I yelled hey...you going to come help me....he looked back and said were are you???

He never herd me hit the water....thank God I was not hurt...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

Back when I was guiding, there were about 6 of us cleaning fish at Spicer's. Somebody hollers, hey who's boat is that? Well I look up and my Blazer 2220 is floating away from the dock on the outgoing tide. Needless to say, it took years to live that one down.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Chief. That reminded me of a time when I fished the McDonald's tourney on Rayburn and we pulled up to the weigh in at umphrey pavillion. Musta been 100+ boats. We were in my buddies 22 nautical star. Went up to check out the final weigh in prize handout etc. walked back to get in the boat and it had almost floated out to the main lake 500+ yds. Lol. All the fellas in their jazzed up bass boats were cracking jokes and what not. I still haven't let him live that one down! I've got a pic on my old phone to show how far she got away. I'll see If I can get her fired back up.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fwpkg3
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

January, cold, I was urinating off the front of the boat while the boat was still idling forward - buddy driving. Eased into this slough, there was a houseboat parked on the side of it, well houseboat was connected to a cable that was about 10 inches under the water right at mouth of slough. Motor catches on cable and catapults me into the water, many laughs from the driver but he fell in twice that night on an icy boat ramp
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

When I was 17 I had a 1442 weld built with a Suzuki 25 that the block had rotted on. So I upgraded to a 40 mercury that was hopped up to a 60. I had ran it a few times up and down the river before I decided to take my new girlfriend fishing(for the first time). I was going to take her bass fishing in black bayou and run to the back of Sabine to check it out. We put in the vinton ditch and when I was idling away from the launch I noticed a very small amount of water in my boat. I thought no big deal probably backwash from launching. We hit the intracoastal and I crossed a tugs wave just before going in the ditch that goes to black bayou. About 300 yards down the ditch I felt a lot of water around my feet and when I looked down there was probably 4 inches in the bottom trim of the boat(just under my floor). I pulled up to the bank and cut the top off a coke bottle and bailed until it was all out. This took a while because water was constantly coming in from somewhere. I took off again(headed home) and pulled the plug to let whatever was leaking drain. I didn't get 100 yards before it was full again so I ran it up as close to the bank as I could before bottoming out in the mud. She was about to stroke out she was so freaked out. I called my dad to come get us. In the meantime, with my boat obviously sunk with only about 3 inches of the back half sticking out the water, people just fast idled by us throwing nice wakes at us. That part blew my mind. Only 2 boats out of about 15 stopped to see if we needed a lift. Once my dad got there(about 2 hours later) we unbolted my motor and put it in the bottom of his boat. Another boat stopped and helped us flip my boat over to put it in my dads boat. When we flipped it we revealed about a 12 inch split across the bottom that was scooping water. My girlfriend wanted us to ride back to the launch with the 2 people that offered and said hell no we ain't leaving my rig out here. She even wanted to call a helicopter to come get us. She was really scared
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Hopefully Specksndasurf will chime in...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
Hopefully Specksndasurf will chime in...
LOL or how bout u tell the story about how you almost ripped SPECKLEBUTTCHEEKS nose off in the surf.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

One morning me and a couple of buddys went duck hunting in sabine, and have a great hunt by the way. Well we get back to the boat launch, and pull it up on the bank. Well i'm in the back of the boat driving and we we're in my truck so i step off the back of the boat thinking it's only about a couple of feet deep well suprise, suprise i was wrong i'm talking about all the way under the water, and it was cold. Luckly i had hip boots on and not waders, and them suckers didn't have time to get full of water, cause i swam like an olympic swimmer to the bank. There must have been about 50 people at the launch and i think all of them including my buddies were rolling on the ground laughing. Well needless to say i didn't make that mistake twice.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I got one for me and one for a random guy.

Once me and my dad were fishin the burns. Me were trolling the canal working banks and we came to another boat. Guy on the back had on cowboy boots, some tight wranglers, a tucked in white t shirt, and a black cowboy hat. They had a little cut right then that we pulled in and went back a ways. No fish so we turned around. when we came back out, that cowboy had his pants around his knees with his a$$ hangin off the side of the boat. When he saw us, the shear panic in his face was priceless. Never seen a pair of pants come up that quick, without wiping either. We laughed for hours while we were fishin that day.

For me it was a day at laccassine. It was in my younger years and I was very inexperienced at driving a boat, so my dad would always make me put it back on the trailer. Cant learn unless you do it right? Well anybody that fishes there knows how busy the lauch can be in the late morning, so there were people everywhere waiting to load up, and I was already pretty nervous. It was windy and there wasnt much room. My dad backs down the trailer and I approach. After about 10 minutes of me sitting there making circles and missing the trailer, me and my dad yelling at each other, everyone staring and getting pissed....I parked the trailer, got out, and made my dad load the boat himself. Most embarassing day on the water ever!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

we were in Holly beach stanging the trout one day and specklebuttcheeks decides to pick up a rotting 3 pound catfish off the beach and throws it at me from about 20 yards away. I had no idea any of this was going on and the catfish came straight down on top of my head and the gaff stuck me giving me a 2 inch cut on the top of my head and he thought it was so funny. He's a little guy so i could never catch him that day cause he is so much faster than me. We headed out about a week later to get on the trout again. As soon as we pulled up we were on the trout pretty much every cast. After catching for about an hour, still no where close to our limit. (i think there was 6 of us fishing that day) he kept asking me for my keys so he could take my Bronco to god knows where. I just ignored him and kept fishing but he stayed on my right hip and continued to bug me. I went to cast and my jig head hooked him right in the cartilage where his nose meets his lips and pretty much ripped it clean through. Most blood i have ever seen from a fishing accident. He couldnt really say anything because of the incident that happened the week before...good times
Old 04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This was not embarrassing but is funny now....

Me and a buddy were fishing at the first rigs offshore and it was a little choppy..... I was anchored out off the platform and he was sitting on the leaning post fishing..... Well I stood up to go pull the anchor to move ...when a wave catapulted me out the boat....

I swam back to side and my buddy was still fishing and never missed a lick....I yelled hey...you going to come help me....he looked back and said were are you???

He never herd me hit the water....thank God I was not hurt...
Midget tossing lol...J/k yeah you were lucky you got thrown away from the rig
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 786

Had to take a **** real bad, too far from land, launch, and water was deep. There was no stopping it. Popped up the bait well and took care of bidness. Wiped with buddies socks, flushed the well and kept fishing. His wife asked when we got home why he had no socks on anymore lol.

I think i need to cut back on the redbull and beef jerky while fishing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by sears View Post
Had to take a **** real bad, too far from land, launch, and water was deep. There was no stopping it. Popped up the bait well and took care of bidness. Wiped with buddies socks, flushed the well and kept fishing. His wife asked when we got home why he had no socks on anymore lol.

I think i need to cut back on the redbull and beef jerky while fishing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Damn dude the bait well? C'mon man!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
we were in Holly beach stanging the trout one day and specklebuttcheeks decides to pick up a rotting 3 pound catfish off the beach and throws it at me from about 20 yards away. I had no idea any of this was going on and the catfish came straight down on top of my head and the gaff stuck me giving me a 2 inch cut on the top of my head and he thought it was so funny. He's a little guy so i could never catch him that day cause he is so much faster than me. We headed out about a week later to get on the trout again. As soon as we pulled up we were on the trout pretty much every cast. After catching for about an hour, still no where close to our limit. (i think there was 6 of us fishing that day) he kept asking me for my keys so he could take my Bronco to god knows where. I just ignored him and kept fishing but he stayed on my right hip and continued to bug me. I went to cast and my jig head hooked him right in the cartilage where his nose meets his lips and pretty much ripped it clean through. Most blood i have ever seen from a fishing accident. He couldnt really say anything because of the incident that happened the week before...good times

i could see his nervous azz running around laughin and beggin for your keys... that little fugger

Last edited by Armand16; 04-17-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Damn dude the bait well? C'mon man!
i just typed out one sooo god awful but erased it due to fear of mods and gill net moving LOL.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Two buddies and i were duck hunting down in Point Au Fer and one of them had irritable bowel syndrom. When he has to go....better stop what your doing and get out the way or he will run you over getting to where he needs to go.

Well, he was in the middle of the two of us and he said, ok boys...got to go. We make room and he walks back in the marsh to "pop a squat". We are laughing at him because we run on top of the marsh and get his waders down that fast in our life!

He finally does his business and we are back to hunting....finally we tell him...."dude....nect time get further away from the blind!!!!!'

Well the smell didn't go away...followed us all the way back to the camp and into the mud room. Low and behold, he takes off his waders and has a "snickers laying in there with burnt tire marks runninig up his back."

We were about to throw up....and die laughing....from him crapping in his waders and rolling it back up!

Whew!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Me and my buddy hit toledo on a mission after drinkin all night... Fog was tick tick that morning. Buddy says " man i gotta go!!!" drops his drawers and procedes to unleash all the beer and food from the night before. Not a second later boats come pouring into our spot... 5 boats all on a mission to get up on our little honey hole (it was a tournament). buddies in a panic!!!! all i hear is oh my f ing god its floating!!!! dude had seriously coated the top of the water with celaphane (sp?) like **** and it was like god said NO MORE FOG.... the fog cleared in mere seconds.... was soo god awful that i heard other anglers talking about it "what the hell is that on the water?". needless to say we trolled outta there 50 yards or so only for it to drift back our way... stuff was getting all over our lines. got in my reel. I WAS DONE and LOSING it histerically all at the same time... cant remember how many times i gagged and dry heaved. get to the launch and there is a line around the boat from where it was glazed over...This was all after a night of drinkin soo much that I fell in a pot of baked beans and smashed a ole smokey like a sammich.