SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Flounder

Cash: 310
Default 10/25 trip at cypremort point

headed out early after picking up 75 nice live shrimp. conditions were nice, slight north wind, water salty, dominate wave direction was out of the north heading due south, clearity(not very good) was about 3 out of 7 and got a little better as day wore on, steady moon rising all morning with a falling tide in the area I fished and the moon being overhead around noon.....used live shrimp and glow shrimp under rattle corks and also Carolina rigged a few to the boat...trout were picky on where they hit the bait but once you found that spot I kept casting in the one spot cause 5ft to the left or right my bait never got one hit...I could have used more plastics but no sense in leaving the live bait in the baitwell...

result

25 nice trout and done before 10am....I was even throwing back the smaller legals, I had caught close to 35 total...with a bud in the boat, I wouldn't have thrown back any legals...

there were enough boats for an army in all of the major popular spots around the point....im no rookie so I head to areas that produce where the normal weekend warrior doesn't go to that advanced fisherman would know about.....hope to hit the water this Saturday morning again....it was beautiful Saturday.....
Old 10-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983
Default Shrimp

Sounds like you had a good day! Always enjoy your informative reports. Are they selling live shrimp at the point or did you castnet your own? Did you rig 'em on a kale hook under a cork?
Old 10-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Where's the pic? Can't post a report w/o a pic, that's like going to prom in a sport coat. Them boys from Broussard are gonna beat you up for this.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scankdog View Post
there were enough boats for an army in all of the major popular spots around the point....im no rookie so I head to areas that produce where the normal weekend warrior doesn't go to that advanced fisherman would know about.....hope to hit the water this Saturday morning again....it was beautiful Saturday.....
where are these spots that produce? I am not a weekend warrior, we fish all days of the week. Can you point out on a map thanks
Old 10-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

I'm a weekday warrior. As a minister most of my weekends are slammed. So I am usually out there in an half day 1x a week during this time of the year. I hit the usual spots,
Cove hammock, trash pile, dry
Reef for reds etc and east end of island for reds, etc. shoot I even get my shrimp cast net at the weird past the game wardens post. I learned about tee butte and the rest and caldwells in the pass etc. now 2 weeks ago I spent a whole tank fishing hard and hit all those spots for a few. I am looking to continue to learn and will pay my dues but any help to other lesser know reefs,
Points etc will be helpful. Especially since I only get to get out 3-4 a month. Pm me if you want.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Redfish

Had some fuel line issues in my old 78 whaler. Getting it fixed this week and will be there next week for sure.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by revspiggles View Post
I'm a weekday warrior. As a minister most of my weekends are slammed. So I am usually out there in an half day 1x a week during this time of the year. I hit the usual spots,
Cove hammock, trash pile, dry
Reef for reds etc and east end of island for reds, etc. shoot I even get my shrimp cast net at the weird past the game wardens post. I learned about tee butte and the rest and caldwells in the pass etc. now 2 weeks ago I spent a whole tank fishing hard and hit all those spots for a few. I am looking to continue to learn and will pay my dues but any help to other lesser know reefs,
Points etc will be helpful. Especially since I only get to get out 3-4 a month. Pm me if you want.
Just ride til you find boats, pull out the binoculars and watch closely at the ones with TTops - if they catching, get as close as you can without being able to hit them with a 1/32 oz jighead on a 4' bream pole. Courtesy is the key.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Redfish

Now goooh I've been on here enough that a) you hate ttops and b) you pulling my leg. I don't want your honey holes. Just want to develop some relationships here to better my vbay fishing. I've been fishing here only for 3 seasons so I am still learning the area.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Redfish

Or maybe you are being real. I just don't want to be always creeping on people either
Old 10-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

I thought you were the one pulling legs. I won't say I hate T-Tops, but I will say that Marque tried to buy my boat and I refused to sell it to him because he planned to put a T-Top on it.

If you go back through Scankdogs posts (click on his name and view old posts) you can find some good info.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Redfish

Thanks. Nah just new and tired of going ofers and wanting to learn this crazy bay
Old 10-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

You know it's bad in the bay when boats are coming up right by you and dropping anchor, while you are fishing in a kayak( catching hardhead) lol
Old 10-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Had some fuel line issues in my old 78 whaler. Getting it fixed this week and will be there next week for sure.

I pulled a 35 year old Whaler in from the pass once, that wouldn't happen to have been you?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
where are these spots that produce? I am not a weekend warrior, we fish all days of the week. Can you point out on a map thanks
Hey bruh, I seen you today checkin your trot line in the Avery and you didn't even wave. I ain't no crabber from Glencoe, you can say hello. I know dat was you cause after you left I went to see what you was baitin wit and shur nuff, VooDoos on a steel leader double rigged. You must be smoking the gaspergoo in dat corner. Don't be a stranger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cropped.jpg (53.5 KB, 466 views)
Old 10-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I thought you were the one pulling legs. I won't say I hate T-Tops, but I will say that Marque tried to buy my boat and I refused to sell it to him because he planned to put a T-Top on it.

If you go back through Scankdogs posts (click on his name and view old posts) you can find some good info.
It needs some lift to help that weedeater you hanging on the transom.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Redfish

Marque. No that wasn't me. Although Friday before last I had some fuel line issues and couldn't go over 9mph. So boat is getting fixed now. Hopefully I'll be out there Sunday afternoon or next week
Old 10-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Marque. No that wasn't me. Although Friday before last I had some fuel line issues and couldn't go over 9mph. So boat is getting fixed now. Hopefully I'll be out there Sunday afternoon or next week
I am glad it wasn't you. I was worried about it because I saw on another post you were talking about your fuel line issues. These guys had run out of gas when they flagged me down. They were at the first red channel marker on the south side of the pass. They had launched out of the point and I was headed to Intracoastal. I offered to tow them there but they said IC was fine and they would fill up there and just drive back. I dropped them at Shell Morgan and took off. Was wondering if they made it back and when you posted about your old whaler and fuel line problems I started feeling guilty about taking off.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Hey bruh, I seen you today checkin your trot line in the Avery and you didn't even wave. I ain't no crabber from Glencoe, you can say hello. I know dat was you cause after you left I went to see what you was baitin wit and shur nuff, VooDoos on a steel leader double rigged. You must be smoking the gaspergoo in dat corner. Don't be a stranger.
been catching the gou on the vudu but put out some juglines last week and got 5 nice blue channel cats. Been loading up on the crabs from them traps that hand from Glencoe been putting out. I will say hello next time I see you is that one of those remote control flounder gigs on your boat?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cropped.jpg (53.5 KB, 417 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Redfish

Cash: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post

LOL ^^^^^^^^^ that's how weekend warriors acquire info
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

I think the scary thing here is that's not a burn handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm