SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921
Default what is wrong with people who drive by wfo while fishing?

Help me out with this one, just what is wrong with the people who drive by me when i am fishing and don't slow down? are they a differant class of people? are they somehow better than me? are they trying to tell me something? Is there a fire they are going too? apparently respect is a thing of the past. sad.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
Help me out with this one, just what is wrong with the people who drive by me when i am fishing and don't slow down? are they a differant class of people? are they somehow better than me? are they trying to tell me something? Is there a fire they are going too? apparently respect is a thing of the past. sad.
Just another example of the "Me first, the hell with how it affects anyone else" attitude which is so pervasive today. Kids aren't being taught anymore to consider the consequences of their action on others.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

great question, cant tell you how many times im fishing on the side of a small lake about a mile across and some doinker crosses the lake on a plane straight for me then passes close enough so I can hit it with a beer can never even slowing down. add to that they drive right through the spot and direction I am clearly fishing in as they continue on and go on their merry way. now the spot I am at is a good 1/2 mile from the canal they are crossing the lake to go to and yet they still veer out of their way to come plow right through where I am. its as though they want to see what bait im using or if I might set the hook as they pass which I can only imagine would cause them to circle my boat and tie up to my anchor line lol.

I should add its never the same boat or people so it cant be anyone who knows me at all.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Honestly most of the time Id rather them stay on plane instead of blowing through at 1/4 throttle throwing a ski wake...

If Im fishing a busy area I expect people to not slow down
Old 10-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjleger337 View Post
Honestly most of the time Id rather them stay on plane instead of blowing through at 1/4 throttle throwing a ski wake...

I am on the same page as you my friend. i ususally wave folks by. It's the ones you hear say '$%^& that guy' and drive right pass you in a 100' wide canal or the guy who potlicks you in a open lake that drive me crazy. If they could find their daddy i'd like to tell him what a horrible job he has done and that he should of got a vasectomy.

and yea, you fish in the road, u gonna get run over. i agree. but that's not what i'm talking about in this thred. just a vent thread i guess. lol
Old 10-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 899

Quote:

My thoughts exactly
Old 10-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:

Exactly! Not only do they not throw a huge wake but they are out of you're business much quicker. When they slow down to idle, they want to stare you down and chat you up. I ain't got time fo dat!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Exactly! Not only do they not throw a huge wake but they are out of you're business much quicker. When they slow down to idle, they want to stare you down and chat you up. I ain't got time fo dat!
Same here ... stay on step and if ya start to slow down ill motion you to blow on by !

That goes for if your going to pass 10 yards from me in a canal/river or 50 yards in a lake. Get on by and lets get this over with quick as possible !
Old 10-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 653

Last weekend I was fishing in Vermilion Bay, picking up a few fish. Two boats were nearby. A boater entered the area at half throttle chatting on his cell phone. Circled the other two boats close enough to shake hands and stopped talking on his cell long enough to ask if they were catching. Then he headed straight for me and circled the area where I was casting before heading off. I'd have taken his photo or chased him down but I was too dumbfounded. Worst I've seen in 46 years of fishing.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Flounder

Cash: 563

How about the kayakers that paddle across your fishing spot?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 504

marsh island in the main canal, probly one of the worst places to try to fish or even cast net for bait, I dont even go in there anymore...so many offshore boats slowin down just enough to throw a huge wake at my little 15' whaler...its ok tho, last time i was there i saw one of the big offshore boats with 3 women in it gettin towed back later that day near the point, and there i am creepin right along in my little whaler and a limit of reds...
Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

I'm in a 14' alimacraft and I get hit with a wake every now and then. I somehow manage to keep my shirt on unless the sun's out, you guys. I mean then I'm guna get some rayz. Don't cost nothin
Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142
Default what is wrong with people who drive by wfo while fishing?

The ones that get me mad are the people that come in fast and pull back on throttle to throw a big wave at me or idle up to about even and nail it to make a big swell. If safe distance between us I would rather them come buy WOT with a lot of trim on most boats that have rated maximum HP.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee View Post
The ones that get me mad are the people that come in fast and pull back on throttle to throw a big wave at me or idle up to about even and nail it to make a big swell. If safe distance between us I would rather them come buy WOT with a lot of trim on most boats that have rated maximum HP.
Bingo! My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

So we no longer slowin down?

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
So we no longer slowin down?

Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here!
I would imagine that OP is just stressing to use common sense in that if youll end up passing 5 yards away from someone it might be a safe choice to slow down to no wake, and if youre at a safe distance and dont want to slow down to no wake stay on plane. Overall, no wake or WOT throws less wake than 1/4 throttle making white caps in your cuddy cabin Grady White.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEZ2Beat View Post
How about the kayakers that paddle across your fishing spot?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a guy that just started kayaking, I was at the cove last weekend trying the trolling technique. What I realized sitting in a kayak, especially trolling, or slowly paddling as quiet as I can, I found it more difficult sitting low to judge how close I was. I always tried to stay well out of casting range but I found myself in precarious situations where there was no way out. Mind you I never got within 30 yards of another boat, but felt bad when I did get that close. Would also try to pass on the opposite side where someone was fishing, only for them to turn towards my direction and start casting my way. I could see the @#$ eatin' grin on a couple of fellas in a carolina skiff, and I may have made them mad I don't know, but when I was looking away I heard a ploop land right next to my kayak. Again I thought I was well away from casting distance. Anyway, I felt bad, and just kept slowly moving out of the area. Never did acknowledge that I knew he threw at me. Anyway I learned a lot that day and will not attempt trolling again when the boats are stacked up. But cut the kayak fellas a little slack because it is harder to determine distances between boats sitting so low. Not everyone who gets too close means to.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 693

ok kayacker your off the hook.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 693

I understand your position.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATHOP View Post
ok kayacker your off the hook.

Yeah. They don't disturb the fish anyways.