SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Lmao.... Salty please don't flatter your self for attention with your cover shot.... 1st off you bummed a trip and you happened to make the right pose for the Camera.... There is not any info about you or your knowledge of fishing in the Magazine! Hell Bruce made the Cover and his name is no where to be found!!
But at least I had a 6 page article in that same Magazine about me and my name and knowledge was mention...so I will steal your attention

Tell ya what.....I'll "copy 'n' paste" the article here for everybody to read. We'll let the members decide. If they agree that there is "not any info" about me or my "knowledge" in the "feature" article......I will ship all my fishing tackle (rods, reels, baits...everything) to you on Monday morning. However, if they decide your claim is false....you send all your tackle to me. Don't worry....I have no need for that wooden boat.....I just want your tackle...all of it! My Shimanos and hard baits alone will more than equal the value of anything you have.

Put up or shut up...ratchet jaws.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Post it up old timer and ill post mine up....and let's see which is better.....and the 9 I'm in
Old 06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I love when salty attention meter starts spinning...lmao!!!! And let's have Todd Mansion tell the story how you just happened to get the invite and it was never about you!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Boom! Again!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Here we go!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Post it up old timer and ill post mine up....and let's see which is better.....and the 9 I'm in
This has nothing to do with yours. I will post mine ONLY if you agree to send me all your tackle if the members agree that my "name" or "knowledge" isn't mentioned. I agree to do the same in the event they decide the contrary. This is not a poll to see which article is better. I didn't say anything about yours......except for the "fact" it was not the "feature" article. And, yes, I was invited by the editor of the magazine to allow him to do the article. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Dude I fished Lake P with 600 boats in a line and 90% were Tops and no trolling motor....can't lie about it because I saw it with my eyes....looked like soul train live
How many times in your life have u fished Lake P be honest, 600 boats thats BS I fish lake p 50 to 60 times a year and have never seen 600 boats and as far as T-Tops go thats a big lake thing dude face it. You spend a lot of time on here complaining about people fishing in your way you may need to learn some new spots or better yet go somewhere else other than Big lake dont be scared.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
This has nothing to do with yours. I will post mine ONLY if you agree to send me all your tackle if the members agree that my "name" or "knowledge" isn't mentioned. I agree to do the same in the event they decide the contrary. This is not a poll to see which article is better. I didn't say anything about yours......except for the "fact" it was not the "feature" article. And, yes, I was invited by the editor of the magazine to allow him to do the article. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?
Post it............. Im beging to read the one page
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
How many times in your life have u fished Lake P be honest, 600 boats thats BS I fish lake p 50 to 60 times a year and have never seen 600 boats and as far as T-Tops go thats a big lake thing dude face it. You spend a lot of time on here complaining about people fishing in your way you may need to learn some new spots or better yet go somewhere else other than Big lake dont be scared.
Dude they had boats from 38ft duel 250s to 15ft boats trolling with a 3ft rod on the train track as far as your eyes could see...I don’t know how many pilings are on there but they had damn near a boat on everyone...so you count...and most had no trolling motor at all. Just throw anchor or tie up...... Your Buddy was on the boat fishing with me Pilgrim
and dont say the oil spill did not effect LAKE P..just youtube all the ones from LAKE P at the BP meetings wanting something Free..Looked like a welfare line
Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Dude they had boats from 38ft duel 250s to 15ft boats trolling with a 3ft rod on the train track as far as your eyes could see...I don’t know how many pilings are on there but they had damn near a boat on everyone...so you count...and most had no trolling motor at all. Just throw anchor or tie up...... Your Buddy was on the boat fishing with me Pilgrim
and dont say the oil spill did not effect LAKE P..just youtube all the ones from LAKE P at the BP meetings wanting something Free..Looked like a welfare line
You show at Lake P for one day 2 years ago and you know everything about Lake P that really is sad, stop complaining about other
boats fishing in your way u wanna be a guide the Poes never complain learn some new spots. As far as the oil spill stop watching youtube and reading BS
the best spring and summer in Lake p in ten years last year. There is a big world out there W open your eyes and see PILGRIM
Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

W...ok so you posted up a opinion of yours on a perceived problem(in your book)...what is your solution to this problem?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 671

Better get use to it. This all started when the first big time guide service started on the lake. The change was slow at first but the outcome is inevitable. They educate more and more fisherman every year. Not just on how to fish and where to fish, but worst of all, not to be afraid of the lake.

I can remember the days when even some local fisherman were leery of running into West Cove. They were afraid of the oyster reefs. That was back in the days when the reefs were still healthy. After Rita, a lot of the "Pilgrims" as W calls them were staying off the lake because of the debris.

But guides, GPS, and shallow draft boats have made the lake accessible to anyone that has the money to burn. The only answer is to fish week days, and that isn't even the same anymore.

Ask Houston area fishermen. The weekend fisherman doesn't have a chance of catching a limit on Galveston Bay. The fish have a pattern of locking up on weekends. Look at 2coolfishing.com sometime and see how many fishermen post pics of 3 and 4 fish catches. They are mostly weekend fishermen and are quite proud to have caught anything. The big plus on BL is that the lake supports so many fish, there's tremendous competition for food. So the fish rarely won't bite. They may get spooked but they haven't got the "weekend lock jaw" yet.

PS Protect the estuaries. The marshes are the womb. They are the reason why the lake still supports and produces so may fish. Galveston Bay system use to have a lot more marshes. Once they started to fill them in for new subdivisions, the fishing was in peril.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thread.jpg (12.8 KB, 158 views)
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

The problem would be a easy fix for all if others had respect and would not be such Pilgrims...

I don't ever fish around crowds because I will leave and find my own fish else where...but my point of this is not about weekends its about the Limit change and someone asked if I think more boats so more fish bringing taken out.... So I'm showing no...less fish are being taken out due to more boats!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhead View Post
Better get use to it. This all started when the first big time guide service started on the lake. The change was slow at first but the outcome is inevitable. They educate more and more fisherman every year. Not just on how to fish and where to fish, but worst of all, not to be afraid of the lake.

I can remember the days when even some local fisherman were leery of running into West Cove. They were afraid of the oyster reefs. That was back in the days when the reefs were still healthy. After Rita, a lot of the "Pilgrims" as W
calls them were staying off the lake because of the debris.

But guides, GPS, and shallow draft boats have made the
lake accessible to anyone that has the money to burn.
The only answer is to fish week days, and that isn't even
the same anymore.

Ask Houston area fishermen. The weekend fisherman
doesn't have a chance of catching a limit on Galveston Bay.
The fish have a pattern of locking up on weekends. Look
at 2coolfishing.com sometime and see how many fishermen
post pics of 3 and 4 fish catches. They are mostly
weekend fishermen and are quite proud to have caught
anything. The big plus on BL is that the lake supports so
many fish, there's tremendous competition for food. So the
fish rarely won't bite. They may get spooked but they
haven't got the "weekend lock jaw" yet.

PS Protect the estuaries. The marshes are the womb. They are the reason why the lake still supports and produces so may fish. Galveston Bay system use to have
a lot more marshes. Once they started to fill them in for
new subdivisions, the fishing was in peril.
Very good post, thanks.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

There has been a tournament at calc point for three weeks in a row. There is one next weekend. Never had tourneys back in the day
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyfatboy View Post
Should the pot really be calling the kettle black?
If its a magnalite then Yes
Old 06-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

LOL Magnalite For The WIN
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

I know back when i was a kid....we could launch at Heberts and park in the lot in front of the launch w/o having to get there at 5am. Same for Devil's Elbow boat launch (when it was around) W/ the publicity the lake is getting these days...(internet, tournys,....used to only be the shootout if i recall....etc.) its tough to imagine trying to fish big lake 20 years from now. Will be one of those back in the day stories you'll share with your kids. I recall growing up, going to Sam Rayburn every summer and heading out with my grandpa to "ANY" stump and slaying the white perch, and having the launch 1/4 full on the weekends. Now you have to work your tail off to produce a some slabs, and the launches are packed and tournys are EVERY weekend. The pressure is relentless as it continues to grow. I see no change in the direction things are heading.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

I dont think anyone who post fishing reports has the right to complain about increased fishing pressure in the area they report catches from.