SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908
Default Bayouland Bowhunters

I just wanted to give the guys at Bayouland Bowhunters in Lafayette a quick shoutout. I went there on my lunch break to drop off my bow to get the drawback lengthened up a bit, the draw weight dropped and to get it sighted in. I planned on just dropping it off and being on my way but as soon as I got there they immediately took my bow and dropped the draw weight for me to try it out. Not even 5 mins and that was taken care of. Then we went to the indoor range so I could sight it in, made a few shots so he could see how much he had to lengthen the drawback and he took it back to the table and got that taken care of for me. We then went back to the range and finished sighting it in. I was able to do it all on my lunch break, something I wasn't waiting for at all! It took about 90 minutes out of my day and about 60 minutes of it was driving. I will definately be referring them to anyone who needs bow work done.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

good stuff man...always nice to have someone that cares about service!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Yeh the guy Brandon that runs it is a good dude. They have a tv screen that u can put blunt tips on your arrows and shoot at. Plays videos of elk, deer, etc walking through the woods and u have to shoot them. It has a scoring system on where u hot it vitals, etc. It's pretty sweet!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Yeh the guy Brandon that runs it is a good dude. They have a tv screen that u can put blunt tips on your arrows and shoot at. Plays videos of elk, deer, etc walking through the woods and u have to shoot them. It has a scoring system on where u hot it vitals, etc. It's pretty sweet!
Is that what's in the room on the side of the range? There was a few people in there shooting while I was there.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Is that what's in the room on the side of the range? There was a few people in there shooting while I was there.
Yeh that's it. It's pretty awesome u need to check it out. I think thy might charge like $5 or so. But it's worth it. Makes it fun. U go there with a buddy and have a little competiton. It's a huge pull down screen and u change out your field tips for these blunt tips of equal weight that u can shoot at the screen. An elk or whatever will walk out and u have to pick the best time to pick the shot. He will be behind a few trees or something and u need to wait for him to walk out. They score like 10 points for heart shot, 8 for vitals, and like 5 for the rest. And u can even get 10 points if u shoot him in the right spot in the head! Very fun. Check it out.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Yeh that's it. It's pretty awesome u need to check it out. I think thy might charge like $5 or so. But it's worth it. Makes it fun. U go there with a buddy and have a little competiton. It's a huge pull down screen and u change out your field tips for these blunt tips of equal weight that u can shoot at the screen. An elk or whatever will walk out and u have to pick the best time to pick the shot. He will be behind a few trees or something and u need to wait for him to walk out. They score like 10 points for heart shot, 8 for vitals, and like 5 for the rest. And u can even get 10 points if u shoot him in the right spot in the head! Very fun. Check it out.
I'll definately check that out. We may have to get us a lil SaltyCajun group together and go check it out as well.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I'll definately check that out. We may have to get us a lil SaltyCajun group together and go check it out as well.
Let me know next time u go, I'll go sling a few with u. It's about time to break it out anyways.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Let me know next time u go, I'll go sling a few with u. It's about time to break it out anyways.
Yea man I'll definately let you know. This will be my first year hunting with a bow so I'm trying to shoot as much as possible so I can get comfortable with it.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Swordfish

Well I'm by no means a pro but I been bowhunting since I was 7 yrs old. Shot my first when I was 8 yrs old with a bow. As soon as u get up in that tree with a bow in your hands u gonna be hooked.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Well I'm by no means a pro but I been bowhunting since I was 7 yrs old. Shot my first when I was 8 yrs old with a bow. As soon as u get up in that tree with a bow in your hands u gonna be hooked.
Tell me about it, I went on a trip in the basin last year but didn't see any deer. As soon as I got to the height I would be hunting at I couldn't wait til the sun came up so I could hopefully shoot something. I was to the point that I wanted to at least shoot at a squirrel lol.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

LL tell Brandon at Bayouland Josh Townsend said hello when you go back. When I lived in lafayette we hunted and fished together a whole lot. He pretty much taught me Cocodrie. He runs a good busisness and customer service is great. I live an hour away and still bring my bow there even though there is a shop 15 minutes from my house.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Yea Brandon is a good guy. I been knowing him since he was 14 and always been into bow hunting.