SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708
Default Hook Em UP!!

Since I am new to the forum I need to say that I make my own lures and sell them. I am up late at night most of the time making lures.

I am not writing this to sell lures. I just wanted to share a boneheaded move on my part that you guys and gals may find funny. Feel Free to laugh along with me.

About 9pm tonight I was somewhat bored so I went into my lure room and got some stuff out to take to the living room to sit in front of the tv and make some double spinners. I had an order to fill and I had made a rack earlier in the day to put them on.

I had completed about 60 and decided to get the display rack out and put them on to see how they looked. I am colorblind so they always get mixed up and I was trying real hard to get it right. After about 45 minutes of this I decided that they were as good as I was going to be able to get them.

Now, I am sure we have all had a hook in our fingers, hands, arms and probably every where else. I had gone and taken my shower to get ready for bed and remembered that my daughter was not back from her date and I had left the rack sitting on the floor in the living room. I didnt want her to accidentally trip and fall on the lures, I use all Mustad Ultra Point hooks, and get a hook caught.

I go into the LR and head to turn on the light and then it happened---I stepped on a piece of cut wire that I failed to pick up and then fell in to the rack of lures! Can you say shiate!!!!!

I managed to get 14 lures total stuck in my left lower leg and 4 of them past the barb. Wooo Hooo!! This is FUN FUN FUN!!!

After 10 solid minutes of cursing and a very large pile of dammits I got all but the "sunk" ones out.

So needless to say the lures are now DRILLED to the *&^%^&^%^ wall!!!

redalertlures
Old 01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 660

MAN! That sounds like my luck. What did you have to do to get the "sunk" ones out?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

Well, luckily, I have been nurse for the past 25 years or otherwise I would have been at the local er.

I basically had to push them through and cut the hooks at the barbs and pull them out. Yes that hurt like HEQQ!! but I had some viscous lidocaine that helped deaden the area and I had all the bandage and antiseptic stuff I needed.

Little swollen this morning but not to bad. Off to church and pray that all those curse words dont doom me lol.

Keith
redalertlures
Old 01-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,119

Maybe you should go into making bean bags or something. LOL