SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

Dude, your first post 2 hours after I posted answered it plain and simple, then 3.5 hours later you come back with something else. What are trying to do? Make yourself believe something. Get over it
Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Redfish

Cash: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by elebouef View Post
Dude, your first post 2 hours after I posted answered it plain and simple, then 3.5 hours later you come back with something else. What are trying to do? Make yourself believe something. Get over it
What are you talking about? From the beginning you suggested I was antagonizing and feeding them, and it's against the law. I said we weren't feeding them, we were crabbing and they were pulling our bait lines. We just had fun with it. Then earlier tonight, you AGAIN suggested I was feeding the gators, when you said I can feed the gators all I want, because there's no statewide law against it, but I'd be the one to blame if someone got attacked. Now you're telling me I said something different and suggested I'm trying to make myself believe something. Like what? I have to make myself believe I really didn't feed them? When did I ever say anything else other than we were NOT feeding alligators? Oh I mentioned this happens all over where people go crabbing, and that someone's hunting gators in that area, but my story hasn't changed. Either I'm not understanding you, or you're not understanding me. But I have no Idea what you're talking about.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

St. Martin Parish has a law against feeding alligators. This was instituted specifically for Lake Martin, people often feed them there. I believe this is the only parish it would actually be illegal.

SwampCritter, I have had the same thing happen to me at Rockefeller on numerous occasions. Pull up the line and a gator is on it, and so have a thousand other people, unintentionally. Its not that big a deal to me. Gators in that area already associate humans with food, not because people go out there to feed them, but because there is usually a very enticing piece of bait tied to a string IN the water. (For the record I do not want to be an alligator, but let's pretend you were an alligator), you lay on the bank all day soaking up the sun, may go for a swim, may go try and catch something for lunch, OR you can wait until somebody puts chicken in the water. Seems a no-brainer to me
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Dudes trippin bout gators man, poor guy said gators were eating his crab bait get off his arse
Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Dudes trippin bout gators man, poor guy said gators were eating his crab bait get off his arse
X2
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
X3

Copied this from JoshD signature! So true!

Never argue with idiots......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

x1000! Nothing wrong with it. Liked the videos.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Critter View Post
Having not FED a single one of these alligators (they'd just bite, pull a little and let go), I don't see how I could be blamed for any potential future alligator attack any more than the hundreds, or thousands of people over the years who go crabbing there at that pier, put bait on lines in the water, and have had alligators try to take it. I mean, this HAPPENS. And not just there, this probably happens, some time or another, at pretty much every popular inshore crabbing spot in the marshes here in south Louisiana where there's alligators. We just got it on video. Yeah, we had fun with them pulling on our lines. It's NOT the same as feeding them.
Happened to us last year in Laccasine when we was crabbing. I can remember as a kid when you could crab of Hwy 27 in Cameron the gators taking your bait. They just like chicken. What do the people on Swamp People use? CHICKEN.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I used to crab along 27 all the time when I was young. Man, they had lots of crabs out there. Filled Ice chests up every time. Those were the days.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
I used to crab along 27 all the time when I was young. Man, they had lots of crabs out there. Filled Ice chests up every time. Those were the days.
I understand why they won't let you anymore but it still aggravates me.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
x1000! Nothing wrong with it. Liked the videos.
Thanks! I appreciate that.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
I understand why they won't let you anymore but it still aggravates me.
So they don't allow crabbing along highway 27 anymore? Why not? I've been to Cameron before, but just to fish the jettys. Not crabbing. And it was a LONG time ago, like around 1975.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Critter View Post
So they don't allow crabbing along highway 27 anymore? Why not? I've been to Cameron before, but just to fish the jettys. Not crabbing. And it was a LONG time ago, like around 1975.
I am not sure.....but, I think (?) you can crab along Hwy 27....but must park in a parking area, not along the road.

Can anyone verify this? I called 598-2219, but did not get anyone.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,330
Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I am not sure.....but, I think (?) you can crab along Hwy 27....but must park in a parking area, not along the road.

Can anyone verify this? I called 598-2219, but did not get anyone.
You can crab on the road, but must park off the road. The don't have any tolerance either.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
You can crab on the road, but must park off the road. The don't have any tolerance either.
It's like that in Vermilion parish too. Just in the last couple of years.