SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Flounder

Cash: 667
Default Posted waterways

Yesterday I came up on a posted no trespassing sign in the marsh on the south east side of the salt ditch while fishing. I was still in 8ft deep 60ft wide water, didnt cross anything. What is louisianas laws on water trespassing. Would just like to know before going any further.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

Tread lightly in Cameron parish period....esp if you don't know....our strategic oil reserves are in Black Lake....be sure its not property of the salt domes....and if its a dead end its not a navigable water way and those signs are there for a reason.....Cameron parish does not need signs or fences to be posted....ie the Browns lake area (marsh area east of the salt ditch and Kelso bayou) is posted and private property....no signs and "navigable" water ways...don't get caught back there, they are watchin and they won't be nice to you....Ignorance is no excuse!!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,025

This topic of conversation always seems vague to me. What part of Black Lake is "private property". Every time I go down the salt ditch I think about CKinchen's story of getting run off by some guy in an air boat.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Flounder

I went all the way down the ditch, went east at the end for about a mile then northeast.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by daduke View Post
I went all the way down the ditch, went east at the end for about a mile then northeast.
You were on private property my friend.....Tony Palermo owns all that area and you will be ran out....everything on the east side of the salt ditch and kelso bayou is private marsh....that cut you went down will dead end @ the old Cardinal Club dock in a mile or so....grey area or not I wouldn't go back there, its not worth it...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

When in doubt, stay out. An easy reference on this subject is; if you don't know who owns the property your standing on your trespassing, it's that simple.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Flounder

Ok, I didn't go any further. I went back out to the end of salt ditch. Where exactly is kelso bayou?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjay View Post
This topic of conversation always seems vague to me. What part of Black Lake is "private property". Every time I go down the salt ditch I think about CKinchen's story of getting run off by some guy in an air boat.
that area has been leveed off now so no worries about mr. marcental's fits of rage.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,331

You were in Kelso when you turned East. It is the waterway Spicer's is located on.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
that area has been leveed off now so no worries about mr. marcental's fits of rage.
Thats funny rite there.. I have spoken to some people about him and He denies any such event ever took place. He says he asks nicely for tresspassers to leave...
I call BS on his story.