SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
vermillion bay is really a decent place to fish. fishing usually doesnt pick up untill late summer but if you have the right boat you can run out to the rigs and clean up on some serious trout. i talked to one of my buddies and they went out to a rig the other day and caught 150 between 2-5 pounds. trout are in the bay all year long you just need to know where to go. the only potlicking you see is around the reefs. if you fish the bay long enough you find some sweet spots and may never see a boat all day except at the landing. now come september its a different story. someones going to get hurt out there its just a matter of time. them people from biglake must migrate early fall. lol

isn't there some good wadefishing on the south end of marsh island? they catch some huge trout out there, i wonder if the rubber mullets would work.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
QUESTION.

Did you or did you not, at anytime, use live shrimp on Big Lake this past weekend?

Don't lie!

Your caught like a deer in the head-LIGHTS AT NIGHT

Last edited by huntin fool; 06-09-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Your like a deer in the head LIGHTS AT NIGHT
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Great White

there i edited it i forgot a word and that made it confusing
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
QUESTION.

Did you or did you not, at anytime, use live shrimp on Big Lake this past weekend?

Don't lie!

I sure did off the wharf under the lights with a zepco killing the drum with Hunting fool!!!! I was acting the FOOL with FOOL and I only used them because they were bring them to me!!! LMAO
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I sure did off the wharf under the lights with a zepco killing the drum with Hunting fool!!!! I was acting the FOOL with FOOL and I only used them because they were bring them to me!!! LMAO

This dude was like watch i dont miss nothing,It's all bout the hook set. He was pulling in 3-5 in hard heads
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Great White

Quote:

Thank you...that answers my question.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
This dude was like watch i dont miss nothing,It's all bout the hook set. He was pulling in 3-5 in hard heads

Sounds like a blast!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Great White

the shrimp was free so why not?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
isn't there some good wadefishing on the south end of marsh island? they catch some huge trout out there, i wonder if the rubber mullets would work.
pretty good wade fishing. if you see some guys out there in lawn chairs and umbrellas thats us. got a spot between diamond reef and marsh island where its all sand. water is about 2feet there and we set up lawn chairs and sit in the water and catch reds and trout. got kind of nervous last year. my buddy was using dead shrimp and caught about a 20 pound ray 30 yards from us. we usually catch the specs on queen cocahoes purp/white chartruse/red lsu's and catch 2000's the biggest we pulled out last year was a little over six. i know they have bigger fish there but usually drink to much to care. this year i will target big ones only. i need to get some corkys and see what i can do with those. i thought about using the norton eels but from what i see w catching the big fish dont like um.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

almost all the people i know who fish the bay all use dead shrimp under cork or on the bottom. they catch sometimes but they dont understand trout dont like dead shrimp. you never really hear reports from vbay either. nobody gives up spots. you actually have to hunt fro fish. i want w to bring his 16 footer out there and see what he can scrape up lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt wahl View Post
Ive heard of truck beds full of trout!
Yes but that is when we used to be able to seine the surf!!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Still want some opinions on who thinks Big Lake should be Artificial only!!!!! I would not mind letting people use live or dead bait off the banks but in a boat Artificial!!!! This this will ever get anywhere???
Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Great White

Quote:
Still want some opinions on who thinks Big Lake should be Artificial only!!!!! I would not mind letting people use live or dead bait off the banks but in a boat Artificial!!!! This this will ever get anywhere???

they should have season for live bait. and year around artificial
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

All this talk about LDWF & Biologist and creel limits and this and that..........What we fail to remember is that mother nature will take care of herself. One way or another, mother nature will keep everything balanced!

I am not for the 15 fish creel limit and never was, only because of the way this came about. I was pissed that all these feel gooders got behind Fred Miller's crusade (R.I.P) and got it passed w/o strong data going either way. I am for a set limit, and I don't really mind a 14" size limit, as long as it is statewide. We have way more trout than everyone thinks, and unless you start a harvest w/ nets, where tons of fish are taken daily, we will never put a dent on them.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:

Let me start out by saying I do not fish with live bait. I don't like to buy it and try to keep it alive. I don't need lots of specks, I fill my freezer with flounder and catch them on artificial as well. Now for my opinion. I disagree with yours. I do not understand why you would want to start that war between fishermen? It sounds like you are being selfish and want what YOU think is best for big lake or what's best for your situation. Not only that, you have no basis or research for such a claim that it will better the fishery and is best for the resource. United we can conquer, divided we fall and you seek to drive a wedge into the fishing community!

Now, as far as speck tournys go, I wouldn't mind seeing them be artificial only.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Let me start out by saying I do not fish with live bait. I don't like to buy it and try to keep it alive. I don't need lots of specks, I fill my freezer with flounder and catch them on artificial as well. Now for my opinion. I disagree with yours. I do not understand why you would want to start that war between fishermen? It sounds like you are being selfish and want what YOU think is best for big lake or what's best for your situation. Not only that, you have no basis or research for such a claim that it will better the fishery and is best for the resource. United we can conquer, divided we fall and you seek to drive a wedge into the fishing community!

Now, as far as speck tournys go, I wouldn't mind seeing them be artificial only.

The shootout should def. be artificial only. no more croaker soaking in the ship channel.

i'll admit i used alot of live bait come august and end of july last year. but this year im rolling artificial. My dad and his padnas can use ALL the mullet they want. but i want artificial.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

Finfeather: The LDWF said at the time of lowering trout limits that SPR levels had been below their set average of 18% for sometime and were continuing downward. Now on the other side, they also said lowering it to 15 wouldn't help increase SPR levels, that it would have to to go 10 or lower. Which nobody wanted to do...CCA or LDWF.

I have yet to hear where current SPR levels are now.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

W:

Why ban live bait? That agruement makes no sense to me. Live or dead bait is the original bait....its what all these imitations we use model themselves after. I rarely use it, but its nice to put a shrimp on a poppin cork for my 3 yr old boy.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Great White

cmdrost..W signed me up for CCA at the banquet and said i was suppose to get my info in the mail, i haven't received mine yet, are they just running slow or what?

sorry for hijacking the thread just needed to ask a quick question...