SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 View Post
so you take info from everyone else but wont share info?

So that is how is the internet works thought it was give and receive.

I went because of my own research bud. Watched satellite pics and waited for the pretty water to reach where i wanted. Once it did I went and found what I wanted. Now weeks later after the wonderful internet dispersed the information that people were catching, you better watch your hind end, because if your not careful some idiot will pull up next to your boat and chunk his anchor 15ft into it. Or maybe he'll see you catching and try to troll in front of you, but instead the wind and current catches him and he'll go smashing into your boat after his trolling motor or outboard catches your anchor rope. Had each one happen to me (besides the anchor actually coming into the boat had it come close) and even had them both happen in the same day before. So thats why I like to keep my mouth shut, especially at the beginning of a bite. The word gets out eventually, and I'm fine with it but its always funner to go fishing whenever you know there is a bunch of experienced fisherman out there instead of a bunch of gozos who been reading online and know nothing about how to operate their own $60K boat. This past Saturday, I could of literally stepped out into another boat if I wanted to, because he saw me catching on one side of the boat and decided he wanted to be on that side, and when he did he caught my anchor rope. Before he moved he was already only 40ft from my boat and afterwards he's inside 5ft from my boat. So because of this I try to keep my sharing limited, and for the Vermillion area I don't need assistance finding fish, but if anyone would and would send me a PM, I'd be happy to share what I know. Hope that answers your questions.

I'm an explorer not someone who goes and fishes boats, I try to avoid best I can and everyone who knows me, knows that.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
I went because of my own research bud. Watched satellite pics and waited for the pretty water to reach where i wanted. Once it did I went and found what I wanted. Now weeks later after the wonderful internet dispersed the information that people were catching, you better watch your hind end, because if your not careful some idiot will pull up next to your boat and chunk his anchor 15ft into it. Or maybe he'll see you catching and try to troll in front of you, but instead the wind and current catches him and he'll go smashing into your boat after his trolling motor or outboard catches your anchor rope. Had each one happen to me (besides the anchor actually coming into the boat had it come close) and even had them both happen in the same day before. So thats why I like to keep my mouth shut, especially at the beginning of a bite. The word gets out eventually, and I'm fine with it but its always funner to go fishing whenever you know there is a bunch of experienced fisherman out there instead of a bunch of gozos who been reading online and know nothing about how to operate their own $60K boat. This past Saturday, I could of literally stepped out into another boat if I wanted to, because he saw me catching on one side of the boat and decided he wanted to be on that side, and when he did he caught my anchor rope. Before he moved he was already only 40ft from my boat and afterwards he's inside 5ft from my boat. So because of this I try to keep my sharing limited, and for the Vermillion area I don't need assistance finding fish, but if anyone would and would send me a PM, I'd be happy to share what I know. Hope that answers your questions.

I'm an explorer not someone who goes and fishes boats, I try to avoid best I can and everyone who knows me, knows that.
that was me i recognized you from your picks and just had to politic you
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856
Default hmmmm

Well I consider myself to be a decent fisherman, and I am man enough to admit that I got my arse handed to me Saturday, for the first time in I can't remember I SCRATCHED!!!!!!! out in VB area. The only thing we hooked was two SHARKS! I guess we just weren't focused enough or something, that damn East wind didn't help matters, but I'll never give up, will be back out this weekend!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Tripletail

vbay report 5-20-12 hit diamond, pavy, and long reef 10 dink specks 1 keeper on way back hit a few spots in the pass nothing then on last stop picked up 7 reds ranging from 19-28 not great but enough for a fish fry in tb this weekend
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfreak View Post
Well I consider myself to be a decent fisherman, and I am man enough to admit that I got my arse handed to me Saturday, for the first time in I can't remember I SCRATCHED!!!!!!! out in VB area. The only thing we hooked was two SHARKS! I guess we just weren't focused enough or something, that damn East wind didn't help matters, but I'll never give up, will be back out this weekend!!!!
I love catchn sharks! I love fishin out there because there really is no tellin what you might reel up. Every trip is an adventure for me, especially not being used to fishin out there. Maybe that will wear off one day, but I hope it never does! I like to catch, but for me, it's mainly just bein out there.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

We fished hard yesterday, the two little ones really hung in there, we managed one Red, in Bayou Blanc. I was pleased with how the kids stayed with it even with a slow bite. I let them catch some hard heads and croakers, they had fun with that!
I also wanted to stay away from all the boats, I am realitively new to VB and still learning, but can't learn sitting at home. One of these days I will get better at finding fish.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Tripletail

buy the reef chip for the v bay area
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Trophy Trout

What is the reef chip, never heard of that?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Ling

Quote:
that was me i recognized you from your picks and just had to politic you

Well if that was really you, I am happy I did not over act, and it was because you were respectful and didn't get in the way as much as others would have. But I would suggest not ever getting that close to anyone else man, any other day you probably would have had a target on your back lol

We ended up with 37 btw
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Tripletail

it was not me just messing with

nice catch big ones or small ones
Old 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
What is the reef chip, never heard of that?

it is a chip for your gps that shows all of the reefs for the vbay area i think they run 400-500 bucks you can call magic video on Lewis st in new iberia i think that is where my boss got his from
Old 05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Ling

Quote:
it was not me just messing with

nice catch big ones or small ones

they werent as nice as what they've been, may have been to the lack of tide IDK. Hard to tell with those finicky fish, they weren't even hitting right. They were biting like bass and just picking up and swimming
Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cool,

Will check on that, is it better that what Lowrance offers, or is it more specific?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by yigodiver View Post
Cool,

Will check on that, is it better that what Lowrance offers, or is it more specific?
its more specific a guy from this area designed it if im not mistaken
Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
they werent as nice as what they've been, may have been to the lack of tide IDK. Hard to tell with those finicky fish, they weren't even hitting right. They were biting like bass and just picking up and swimming

the water was dirty sunday and the few dinks that we caught were hitting it the same way they were not aggressive at all
Old 05-23-2012, 04:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

I am glad you boys worked it out in this thread!!!!!!!!! It almost got bloody