SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939
Default Trouble in the vermon

You can go to the landing 100 times with nothing unusual but that 101st time will be a doozy.

I was at the Beaver Park landing on the Vermilion River and had a strange occurrence. I was out to test run my brothers boat we are getting ready to sell, by the way if anyone is looking for a 15ft Duracraft with a 40 Holler!

I launch the boat and see 3 wave runners coming toward the landing. I park the truck and walk to the boat just as they get to the dock. 2 guys on the waverunners were yelling at a 3rd on another wave runner. next thing I know the 2 guys jump off and start yelling at the 3rd " im gonna kick your A$$!!!" these guys were pissed bad to put it lightly. since the two guys that we about to unleash the beating looked to be around 50 and 30 and the guy who was gonna get stomped looked to be about 19 I tried to calm everyone down and find out what was going on.

After we all danced a bit things started to calm I asked what happened. Apparently the the 2 guys were idling through a no wake zone and the kid, towing his buddy on a wave runner, going fast in a no wake zone tried to spray the guys going slow. At the opportune moment the tow rope breaks and the towed wave runner almost takes out the older guy and his wife.

Things are improving, no fight, and I have the guys venting about what happened. Then the kid comes up and starts mouthing off. the guy makes a move for him and he runs like a scared puppy across the parking lot. so we go back to talking. Kid comes back and starts mouthing off again! I told him he is responsible for the safe operation of his vessel, of course he says "I was operating safely this river is for everyone" with a few choice words in between, then exerts his opinion on the guy again. the guy makes a run for him AGAIN!. Scared puppy running across the parking lot AGAIN!. This happens 2 more times.

Satisfied that things have cooled enough I go run the boat. Get back to the landing. The little dude had to swim for his wave runner and go pick up his buddy. Jez, the youth these days... I can only imagine the story he told his friends when he got home...I weep for the future...

Anyone interested in the Duracraft?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Lol!!!!!!! Sounds like a very eventful trip
Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Good story, I figured you accidentally ran into Kneel and Bob over there.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Good story, I figured you accidentally ran into Kneel and Bob over there.
I think he did. Says the kids almost hit the older fella and his wife, but no mention of a female at the dock!

In all seriousness I agree with trying to defuse the situation but after the punk comes back to talk trash then Id step out of it and let him learn a lesson he will remember.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Yep the older guy had is wife with them and she was at the dock, as well.

That is basically what I did. The kid would not shut up and kept coming back talking smack. I ended up telling the kid the best thing he could do is leave. I really think the kid believed he did no wrong. His only saving grace was he could run fast.

The people were out testing wave runners. When I got back to the dock they were dropping another pair into the water to go test. the wife elected to stay back while the dad and son went run them. Kid may have got it his after all.