SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919
Default Toledo Bend

Heading to the Bend this weekend with some freinds.Will be launching out of lanan landing.Not to familiar with the area or fishing such deep water,hoping to fill the live well with what ever is bitten.Cats,sac,or bass any helpful hints with baits or what areas and structure to target for particular fish. Any wisdom or tips are much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 092.jpg (82.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 113.jpg (90.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 050.jpg (94.6 KB, 121 views)
Old 05-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Redfish

Cash: 603

White Perch are still hitting pretty good over shallow grass with roadrunners and little jigs. If no luck with that try about an hour after dark with a lantern next to a creek. Bass are scattered at best with all in post spawn. In the mornings in late evenings try top water in the shallows less than 8 feet. Rest of the day you migh catch a few schoolies here and there or drop out to about 12 to 15 feet deep and pull an ole lizard or crank bait around and pick up a few. I here the white bass are starting there run in the river proper thats always fun. Plenty catfish being caught on trotlines all over lake with either small live perch or soap. Good Luck ill be up there on the 20th to around the 26th. Let me know how you did so maybe I can key in on something in my area as well I fish mainly the texas side south of the bridge. Housing bay, six mile, mill creek and so forth.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

letme know how you do also! I got a tournament on the 30th there..
Old 05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

There is a good spot if you go in through Zwolle and turn right on hwy.482 and go till you pass a church and school on the right the 2cnd road is Berts road turn right follow to the end turn left and you're at Sepulvada Landing. There is plenty sac-a-lait and bass fishin all in the surrounding areas...pm me for better directions if your serious about it. P.S. they also have cabins to rent....
Old 05-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Buxton View Post
White Perch are still hitting pretty good over shallow grass with roadrunners and little jigs. If no luck with that try about an hour after dark with a lantern next to a creek. Bass are scattered at best with all in post spawn. In the mornings in late evenings try top water in the shallows less than 8 feet. Rest of the day you migh catch a few schoolies here and there or drop out to about 12 to 15 feet deep and pull an ole lizard or crank bait around and pick up a few. I here the white bass are starting there run in the river proper thats always fun. Plenty catfish being caught on trotlines all over lake with either small live perch or soap. Good Luck ill be up there on the 20th to around the 26th. Let me know how you did so maybe I can key in on something in my area as well I fish mainly the texas side south of the bridge. Housing bay, six mile, mill creek and so forth.
Hey Trent,

Glad to see you on here. You been up to the camp lately? We still trying to get everything put back together in Hackberry.

Sean
Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Redfish

Cash: 603

Yea been going pretty regular. We have had a hell of a spring up there...filled several freezers with fish. Headed back up there memorial weekend to relax and take kids to the beach....might snag a few perch or through at the schoolies in the evenings. Good to hear from ya keep in touch.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919
Default my weekend

started slow bass fished the first day only caught two keepers.The next found a few coves and fished them with shiners.Only caught one sacalait and twelve catfish.Then the third day a fellow name phil came out on his dock and told me he was a retired pro who fished for skeeter bass boats,and he liked how while all my freinds were drinking and carrying on at the camp all weekend i was fishing the whole time.Gave me a good run down of the lake and some good advice,also told me to come see him and he'd take me fishing next time im there and teach me how to fish in all that deep water.I also caught twenty sacalait off a brush pile next to his dock.Biggest fish weighed 1.7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10287.jpg (92.1 KB, 48 views)