SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752
Default Rockafeller - Mud Hole Closed

http://www.kplctv.com/story/15069569...ildlife-refuge
Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Thats why good people are havin a hard time findin places ta fish. Idiots dont know how ta pick up after themselves
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I am all for picking up after yourself. BUT,seems like the WLF is just being lazy. They could make money by writing citations.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
I am all for picking up after yourself. BUT,seems like the WLF is just being lazy. They could make money by writing citations.

WL&F have been fighting this this for years....To be able to access a refuge is a privilege and the WL&F should not have to waist money and babysit...LAZY and TRASHY people...

Im glad to see them close it and keep closing every place where people cant pick up after them selves

and If you fish these places and do clean up!! Good Job but you should pick up the others trash also..
Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

I agree with Montauk , post an agent and write some tickets . At least make some money off the trashy people.
Before long there will be no public areas because of this lack of care by a select few.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
WL&F have been fighting this this for years....To be able to access a refuge is a privilege and the WL&F should not have to waist money and babysit...LAZY and TRASHY people...

Im glad to see them close it and keep closing every place where people cant pick up after them selves

and If you fish these places and do clean up!! Good Job but you should pick up the others trash also..
You telling me you pick up others trash when you see it? If you were to pick up all the trash out there (and most of Louisiana's water bodies), you would have a full-time job. Write tickets is what I say, don't punish the majority for the actions of a few. Big Lake ain't the cleanest of places in the world
Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You telling me you pick up others trash when you see it? If you were to pick up all the trash out there (and most of Louisiana's water bodies), you would have a full-time job. Write tickets is what I say, don't punish the majority for the actions of a few. Big Lake ain't the cleanest of places in the world
Bingo....the good always suffer for the bad.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
King Mackeral

It would be the ethical thing to do ,to pick up all the trash around you . Unfortunately it wouldnt stop the litter problem. I'm sure the offenders would continue to litter with no penalty ,while others clean up the mess. Closings and fines are the only solution to this unfortunate problem .
As Montauk said ...The good always suffer for the bad!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

That's the frickin problem! Sound like my kids! I didn't do it, why I got to pick it up? If everyone left with what they came with PLUS one extra piece of trash wouldn't have this problem, sure people shouldn't leave trash, but people shouldn't step over it & keep going
Old 07-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
That's the frickin problem! Sound like my kids! I didn't do it, why I got to pick it up? If everyone left with what they came with PLUS one extra piece of trash wouldn't have this problem, sure people shouldn't leave trash, but people shouldn't step over it & keep going
well said
Old 07-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You telling me that WL&F should have to pick it up
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Flounder

Cash: 674

I was out there a couple of weeks ago.And DAM people
what the hell. If WLF would have been there that day
they could have made a fortune. Dead fish about 6 inch deep
and all the fly"s and smell to go with it.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
King Mackeral

WLF should catch a few of the culprits and as a penelty make them clean up the mess. The trash is one thing ,but the bycatch left rotting everywhere is one of the major issues .
Old 07-13-2011, 02:16 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
You have the comprehension level of a 3 year old.
Its actually a valid point ,not a lack of comprehension. If You nor I pick it up ,and someone feels it isnt thier place to pick up a little extra with thier trash . Then who should pick it up . It only leaves WL&F to clean up the mess. Is it really fair to them to do it?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Great White

Duck butter was talking about w picking up trash,not WLF. You won't stop trashy people from being trashy by closing an area. If they are ignorant enough to not read and follow rules tickets will remind them real quick.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Duck butter was talking about w picking up trash,not WLF. You won't stop trashy people from being trashy by closing an area,you do it by writing tickets.
I understand that . But unfortunately W did present a valid question for a change ,whether he ment to or not .
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
Its actually a valid point ,not a lack of comprehension. If You nor I pick it up ,and someone feels it isnt thier place to pick up a little extra with thier trash . Then who should pick it up . It only leaves WL&F to clean up the mess. Is it really fair to them to do it?
WL&F doesn't have the resources to have people picking up trash. Give me an example of a Government run institution that makes sound decisions day in and day out? Their only choice was to shut it down b/c their lack of $$ and time to police people there and every other reserve.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Duck butter was talking about w picking up trash,not WLF. You won't stop trashy people from being trashy.

I have picked up plenty of trash....My wife picked up a whole bucket of trash at Heberts Landing Fri and threw it away....
So Yes I pick up trash when i cross it......and I dont leave a mess for others to have a chance to pick up after me
Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
WL&F doesn't have the resources to have people picking up trash. Give me an example of a Government run institution that makes sound decisions day in and day out? Their only choice was to shut it down b/c their lack of $$ and time to police people there and every other reserve.
Exactly what I was after .
Old 07-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I don't agree with closing it,but you are right.