SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Man y'all fishing with the wrong peeps , I can say that all my friends I've fished with over the years always offer ( I don't always take ) something

Most now just bring me 2 1/2 gallons of oil

Back in my early years he'll it took 3 of us to go fishing
One to drive , one who had boat , one who could buy beer lol

It also costs $500 to fish with you now! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
It also costs $500 to fish with you now! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$525
Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

W is spot on........I still fish with them boys that I fished with we all were broke.......most of us are all blessed now.....

When I went through a horrible divorce it was those boys that moved me, moved me back in and helped keep me sane by keeping me on the water.......

I will help the next group going through the same BS now.......

But all I really need is apprceciation and for someone to ask if they can help.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

I just got tired of cleaning boat my self. And fish my self. So now I go by my self. If somebody makes it with me I don't hesitate to ask for what's needed. If I don't need it I just don't ask.
I expect the same from others. Don't stew and resent me for not living in your moment ask for what u need and u will get it but don't ever let me hear u talk resentful of me for not thinking of you when u want. I got no e s p n. that's why I bean fishing alone.
Reminds me of how cool people are that show up out there. Ya I went by my self but the cool guys show up out there not just to go with me but were I went.

Oooops.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:45 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
I'm going regardless . What chafes me is when you coming with me in my truck and my boat with my gas and ice and launch fee and you LATE. .. You get 15 min. the first time , second time 0 min. I leave without you.....I actually had a guy tell me he retired and don't set a clock for nobody.....He didn't get the second chance.....
Man I hate it when people are late. Sometimes things out of our control make us late and thats understandable. Its the always late people that get on my nerves. I used to hunt with a friend that was late every time. After a while it wasnt a question of if he was gona be late it was how late he was gona be.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 555

Always clarify before a offshore trip. 100-175 gals fuel ain't cheap! I like bringing ppl I can exchange fishing trip for duck hunt, plumbing work, anything.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
I just got tired of cleaning boat my self. And fish my self. So now I go by my self. If somebody makes it with me I don't hesitate to ask for what's needed. If I don't need it I just don't ask.
I expect the same from others. Don't stew and resent me for not living in your moment ask for what u need and u will get it but don't ever let me hear u talk resentful of me for not thinking of you when u want. I got no e s p n. that's why I bean fishing alone.
Reminds me of how cool people are that show up out there. Ya I went by my self but the cool guys show up out there not just to go with me but were I went.

Oooops.
Dang I did not relize I'm so mean.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Dang I did not relize I'm so mean.

Not doing yourself any PR favors for your upcoming guide business and show!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I always offer to pay my share or help clean up. I also appreciate when people offer when they fish in my boat, I dont get mad when they dont but they wont be on the top of the list of people I invite to go either
Old 05-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Clarifying expectations up front is probably the best policy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
^^^^^ What he said.

I am always very clear up front, I have lived most of my life needing a friend with a boat to fish until I started working on a charter boat. After I joined the Marine Corps and worked my way up the latter, I am now in a position to have my own boat... now that I can afford it, I always welcome the chance to take those that cannot afford to go but enjoy to fish. I tell them from the beginning I do not expect anything, just bring your own food and drinks and any favorite fishing gear they like to fish with.

Now... with that... most of the friends I fish with are just like me, they know I will not except any monetary compensation so they find a way to repay me somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Man y'all fishing with the wrong peeps , I can say that all my friends I've fished with over the years always offer ( I don't always take ) something

It is always great to have friends like that, I have been lucky so far to have the same.

I really believe it is also how we treat our friends as well... If you use them then they use you, if you are a true friend then so are they.

Most now just bring me 2 1/2 gallons of oil

Damn two strokes

Back in my early years he'll it took 3 of us to go fishing
One to drive , one who had boat , one who could buy beer lol
I enjoyed those days, eighty cents a gallon and three dollars for a five pound box of cigar minnows, and you come back to the dock with an ice chest full of snapper and lemon fish... those were the days.