SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,204
Default Language

From the period that I purchased the site through today I have always stated that our plan was to clean up the non premium section. I feel like the site is far worse today from an inappropriate language perspective than it was when I acquired the site.

Several members have complained to me about the language that is being used and there are other members that do not post due to every thread being taken over by a tidal wave of inappropriate comments and threads being hijacked.

I am sure all of you on this site are capable of debating with people or getting your point across without cursing. In person, I am no Saint and use foul language far more than I should but you have to improve on keeping your written language clean unless you are in a premium section.

Typing out "F", "*****" and other acronyms needs to stop, we all know what you mean. Use the rolling laugh icons if you have to rather than typing out the acronym please. Also post about welfare and other racial gestures needs to stop. Rather you realize it or not welfare is not restricted to a certain race or class.

As a general rule, do not type things in the non premium section that you would not want your own children to read. From a legal standpoint there are certain things that are required if we are going to allow inappropriate language to ensure that all of the readers are over 18. This would make it harder for people to register and is not something I plan on doing.

Thanks,
"Chicken"
Closed Thread