SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Empire scouting

Today I found the cleanest water inshore ever.

Just beyond the bottom you see is a group of about 15 sheepshead. I learned you can not sight fish them as we do redfish. I intend to find out how it can be done.

It was a beautifull day and I did a lot of playing. The water was clean just out of the flood gates so I hit an oyster flat nearby. I lost a trout right off. Soon after I land a nice sheepshead. then a hardhead catfish came by to wish me good morning. After I release him I am greeted by a trout wishing to cool off in the box. A few more casts and a rat red gets a catch and release.

My next stop has action with more small redfish. I work my way to the empire jetties and the water is dead looking. That area is always worth a try if you get that far. I land a nice 22 inch speckled trout right off and after a long time without a sniff I find a nice white trout.

Nothing else happening I decide to run out to some nearby rigs to see if the cobia are still around. I found 3 of them and the only one that bit threw the hook after a short battle. I did manage to land a bluefish which I kept. My cats enjoyed some (NORTHERN) cooking tonight.

I headed back into an area that many people have told me to check out. This is where I found the clean water and it was so clean that it was hard to get a fish. They were watching me cast to them and when they did hit I saw them eat and was too slow or too fast at the hook set.

I did get a pair of nice reds along with some rats. The trout were not even sniffing but I did fool another sheepshead. I saw so many fish today it was like my boat was on top of an aquarium. After all the dirty water I have been fishing in today was a pleasure. I finished this day with a trophy.

NOT!

Not a big bunch of fish but enough for some nice fillets. I gave a redfish fillet to a neighbor that had a stroke and the woman that lives next to him took the trout fillets and the crew that is gutting and repairing a neighbors storm damaged trailor got the sheepshead and a redfish. Don't look like a lot but it went far.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I always enjoy reading your reports! I wish I lived closer to the water!