SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 894
Default Open carry or concealed carry?

Just out of curiosity,how many of you guys have a concealed carry permit?How many of you open carry?I personally open carry quite often and have wandered why more people dont do it.I hear everyone talk about paying to get a concealed carry permit but why not just open carry for free?I have never had a problem with carrying openly.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I have my cc permit. I carry my gun everyday. Just like putting my wallet in my pocket, my gun goes on my side.

As far as open vs. conceiled carry? Just my preference. I don't like to draw attention to myself.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUh20fowler View Post
I have my cc permit. I carry my gun everyday. Just like putting my wallet in my pocket, my gun goes on my side.

As far as open vs. conceiled carry? Just my preference. I don't like to draw attention to myself.

i have my gun in my truck every where i go . the wife and i are planning on getting our cc permits. i think it is a smart move to get it
Old 10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I carry a gun in my truck when I travel thru NOLA since Katrina.
I don't have a CC permit. I just carry it. If the gansta's can carry, so can I.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

i have a cc permit... i carry alot.. Just cant go in certian places
Old 10-17-2009, 07:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

i just throw mah gun in between mah passenger seat and console...now if i open carry does this mean it cant be under any clothing..or does it mean i just cant have it hidden im confused bout that...like i dont wanna be walking around somewheres with a pistol strapped to mah leg and get taken down for it ya know..
Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
i just throw mah gun in between mah passenger seat and console...now if i open carry does this mean it cant be under any clothing..or does it mean i just cant have it hidden im confused bout that...like i dont wanna be walking around somewheres with a pistol strapped to mah leg and get taken down for it ya know..
It has to be completely visible other wise you have to have a concealed carry permit.Check out www.opencarry.org
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

I got a question...If you open carry into lets say a normal place (idk pick one) and people freakk out thinking your going to rob the place or something, is that like causing a riot/uproar or whatever?
Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 653

I got a buddy that carried into Disney World!!! More than once that is scary.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I got a question...If you open carry into lets say a normal place (idk pick one) and people freakk out thinking your going to rob the place or something, is that like causing a riot/uproar or whatever?
As long as its not a place that prohibits guns ( government buildings, churchs, etc.) its ok. Lets take Wal mart or Academy for example. If someone in the store notices you carrying, they will most likely notify an employee, which will notify management and you will be approached by the manager. Now once approached, either you will be asked to leave or just questioned and let go on about your business. Just depends on the store management at the time. If you are asked to leave, you must. Theres a lot more to it, but thats the basic analogy. Sure, you can make a spectacle of yourself by refusing to leave. Then they will call the law, you will be arrested and in some cases, people will try to sue for infringement of the right to bear arms. But I just don't open carry. I don't care for being a spectacle in public.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

I always carry my 40 in my truck, i want to get a permit, i just dont ahve the cash right now
Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

how much is a permit anyways?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Flounder

For the class, about 100.00.
Notarized letters for application about 20.00.
Money order to LSP 100.00, if I remember correctly.

I also have a parish cc permit. Its issued by the Sherriff of the parish you reside. No class is required. It cost me 50.00 for one year. It is up to the Sheriff whether or not he will issue them or not. This process only takes a day or two. The state process takes an average of 90 days.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Ive had the concealed permit for several years after our state adopted it. I have since then not renewed it. Ive always carried in our vehichles,and if I need to,I will still carry w/o the permit. I know your not supposed to carry at church,but I dont really agree. Thats a place where you are very vulnerable. The bad guys are sure there will be no one there with guns right? easty targets. SURPRISE!!!! THINK AGAIN PUNKS!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

we usually open carry around my place...been thinking of getting a concealed permit...i'm always out and about at night and a woman can never be to careful in today's day and age
Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Flounder

Its always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. With people today, you just never now who to trust. No matter how nice of a neighborhood you live in or how far out in the country, criminals have no boundaries.
I agree on the church deal. I carry everywhere. If I'm not allowed to carry, I just don't go. Conceiled means conceiled. Whether I'm carrying or not, no one else needs to know. But be careful Speck chaser, I completely understand about carrying without a permit. Just remember, its a lot easier to get a permit than to have to deal with the consequences of being involved in a shooting while CC.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Im not saying I will never get my permit again,but if a situation arises before then, I will not hesitate to break the cc law to protect my life or my families. Id rather be able to explain my side of the story than to just become another statistic. I personally think that the permits should never expire,unless you become a felon. Heck we shouldnt even need permits, We do still live in America-I think.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Trophy Trout

How does the old saying go?I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!!Think about that one.I carry everywhere openly.I have never been asked to leave or anything else.Most of the time I dont even get a second look.I was in line in the grocery store the other day with a St.Tammany Sheriffs officer behind me and he never said a word.(my holster holds my 1911 parallel to my belt on my back side)I carry every Sunday @ church also but I have an ankle holster for my Beretta 25.I wish more people would practice their right to open carry.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Banned

i have an IWB holster and if i feel like carrying i will, permits are a sham....

I dont open carry b/c i dont feel like being noticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post

it's not considered brandishing a weapon

http://louisianacarry.org/
Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

just get one of these holds a kel-tec 380 in less than the palm of your hand . gimme ya wallet!! ok no problem!!!!