SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596
Default Ducky?

Buddy gave me a primos wench. Hadn't blown one in yrs. tell me if y'all think it sounds ducky.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JSeKvJFiA
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Do you competition call? Love that bouncing hen part! My hunting buddy uses one of those for his blue wing call, sounds just like a blue wing.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Sailfish

No but I want to start competition call next yr. just never blew a single reed and don't know where to start trying to learn a routine. I have the lungs for it. I can hold a looooonnng cadence. I didn't do it in vid because I was trying to sound ducky
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
No but I want to start competition call next yr. just never blew a single reed and don't know where to start trying to learn a routine. I have the lungs for it. I can hold a looooonnng cadence. I didn't do it in vid because I was trying to sound ducky
Post a video of a competition routine when you get one. You can probably get on a pro-staff and start gettin **** for free!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

I hope u don do dat in da duck blind
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
I hope u don do dat in da duck blind
x2 I don't understand competition calling. They don't even sound like ducks.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Yea. That don't sound real ducky to be honest. I've always wondered the same about competition calling. Why call it a duck calling contest if you not supposed to sound like a duck. Please take no offense because I probably don't sound the duckiest either.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Sailfish

Competition calling is different. They not trying to sound like ducks they are judged or how good they can hold a note at its highest peak and how uniform they can hold a cadence. Basically like car shows they spend a bunch of time trying to become flawless and best of show gets the prize but you don't drive the car every day. Flawlessness is what your judges on.
Meat calling competitions are in the blind comps. You don't have a routine you just call like you would call in a duck. I was just wanting opinions on if the call sounded ducky. I just like to hunt but I think it be fun to get into the competition part of it. Idk
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Sailfish

I don't take it to heart if I did I wouldn't have put a YouTube video on here for the critics to judge. I know I can call ducks in but I think the call needed to be tweaked but had no one to listen to it so I put it on here so the harshest critics gave me their best, no worries.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Swordfish

I used to do speck competition many moons ago.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Sailfish

Teach me!!!??!?!! I can blow one really good I think. Pm me your number n ill send you some voice memos. I want to start fiddling around with competition routines n see where it takes me. I got the lungs for it I believe.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Swordfish

It's been so long I really don't know what the competition routines are now for specks. Use to I would just call as if I were calling birds but a little more of course to fill my minute and a half. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't do 3/4 of what I did in competition in a goose blind.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
It's been so long I really don't know what the competition routines are now for specks. Use to I would just call as if I were calling birds but a little more of course to fill my minute and a half. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't do 3/4 of what I did in competition in a goose blind.
You mean the piercing hail, scratch, and mur-mur calls don't work in the field hunting???
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Sailfish

Right I hear ya. I understand they do waaaaay more than you would in a blind. But really I have had ducks hiiiiiiiigh as crap and hit em with a looooong 1st note and real pitchy followers and they banked hard then got softer into bouncing hen then whacked em into a feed into a quack to hypnotize them straight in. And literally was amazed. That bouncing hen (qua-tick) in that video I do it late season and I have witnesses this weekend they only responded to that then just a quack after the first bank and boom take em boys. Mallard hens love it.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

I like what they make that fffft fffft fffft sound. I heard them do that for the first time this year.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Sailfish

The piercing hail works for me on specks just to turn them from far then !3note to cluck and mur mur
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Right I hear ya. I understand they do waaaaay more than you would in a blind. But really I have had ducks hiiiiiiiigh as crap and hit em with a looooong 1st note and real pitchy followers and they banked hard then got softer into bouncing hen then whacked em into a feed into a quack to hypnotize them straight in. And literally was amazed. That bouncing hen (qua-tick) in that video I do it late season and I have witnesses this weekend they only responded to that then just a quack after the first bank and boom take em boys. Mallard hens love it.
I heard hens try to do it, but they can't. Thats more advanced then my duck calling skills though.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

gaurentee a squeal and the bouncing hen will work in the blind
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

think of competition calling like the duck call is a musical instrument. You must be musically inclined in some manner to comp call.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Red Snapper

"A duck would lose a duck calling contest."
Phil Robertson