SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Hey now i have a meat stick sticker on my gun so be nice!!!! Lol
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Redfish

Cash: 786

Well I'm going to Sabine so I hope who ever went scouting and said he saw alot of birds is not tell a fishing story lol. I used to hunt way in the back and we used to smoke them. After Rita, it has confined all hunters into one big area. We've had good times and bad. Most people are respectful but some are not. Just hope everyone tears em up and is safe.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket View Post
Just hope everyone tears em up and is safe.
Me too, I pray everytime I am in my pirogue following the rules that I don't get run over by the normal law breakers who run their boats through the marsh. I hear there is going to be some enforcement in the back of sabine this year so hopefully we won't get killed.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Me too, I pray everytime I am in my pirogue following the rules that I don't get run over by the normal law breakers who run their boats through the marsh. I hear there is going to be some enforcement in the back of sabine this year so hopefully we won't get killed.
its about time they need it. too many people running with no lights and running in the marsh! brother in law lives in TX and during Teal season they had 2 teal come in shot both and then heard an air boat start up and come straight to them. It was Game Wardens they asked who shot the birds and proceeded to check them. they were all legal and it was on public land. i would hate for the GW to bust in on my hunt but i know some people need it in Sabine and Lac!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabite View Post
its about time they need it. too many people running with no lights and running in the marsh! brother in law lives in TX and during Teal season they had 2 teal come in shot both and then heard an air boat start up and come straight to them. It was Game Wardens they asked who shot the birds and proceeded to check them. they were all legal and it was on public land. i would hate for the GW to bust in on my hunt but i know some people need it in Sabine and Lac!
Last year they were at the mouth of the marsh and checkin people. Not ruining anyone's hunt just checkin afterwards. The main thing is deterring people from running in the marsh and running with no lights. I've done it but they had some Vinton HANDS! on here bragging about it, and sayin they weren't gonna stop.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Here's what Laccasine and Me used to look like back in the 90's. Quite a bit different than what the marsh south of the pipeline canal looks like today.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20121107150556.pdf (278.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Here's what Laccasine and Me used to look like back in the 90's. Quite a bit different than what the marsh south of the pipeline canal looks like today.
Very nice looking string of ducks
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Hunted Sabine every Sat,Sun, and Wed back in the late 80's and early 90's. We actually walked in on the east side. Used to be a big pond and several pot holes. We hammered them for 3 +/- years. People around us thought it was the spot we were in and started getting there earlier and setting up so that has been going on forever. The problem was - it wasn't the spot as much as it was the set up and everything else. Then we got sick of it and said we would get there first everytime. We were in playing shape back then and we had about 1/2-3/4 mile walk through marsh grass and another 1/4 mile walk through a pond. I think back then you could enter refuge 2 hrs before shooting time. We were parking and crossing the fence at the 2 hr mark. 1 of us would carry the 2 bags of decoys and his gun. The other one only carried his gun. We got our prime time pick of the litter everytime, but even 20-25 years ago, people were still disrespectful - maybe just clueless or both, but they would come and set up 200 yards from us and sky bust. Not much of anything more aggravating than working some birds and then have a couple of idiots try and shoot them from 70 yards while you are working them and they are circling your decoys. It got to be a miserable. I've never been back. Back then Sabine was unbelievable. If I remember correctly, the warden told us several time that the average birds per hunter was just short of a limit and that included the idiots and rookies.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

200 yards away? I wouldn't mind that to awful much. I've had people set up so close their dog was breaking, trying to retrieve our ducks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
I've had people set up so close their dog was breaking, trying to retrieve our ducks!

Now that right there is a classic!!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Yea, I was some kinda pissed. People have no clue how to hunt and zero respect!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Hey now i have a meat stick sticker on my gun so be nice!!!! Lol
i'm just kidding!! lol...actually my sticker on my gun barrel reads:

"MOTHER DUCKIN' CRAZY!!!"

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890