SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Yes higher hertz is better
Old 07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i have a samsung plasma i like it, i looked at the vizio stuff and can't see where it looks any better.

best buy has the samsung 55 LED 120hz for around 1900 right now, really want...

yeah those led's are BADDD. I'd love to get me one, but I need some furniture for my house. Tired of using a futon as a couch.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
yeah those led's are BADDD. I'd love to get me one, but I need some furniture for my house. Tired of using a futon as a couch.
they had a HUGE stack in the back right corner, i should have grabbed one and took off towards the door!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

I love my beat buy card. No interest for 3 years. Can't wait for the price on the 46 inch led open box to get down about 300 more bucks
Old 07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i have a samsung plasma i like it, i looked at the vizio stuff and can't see where it looks any better.

best buy has the samsung 55 LED 120hz for around 1900 right now, really want...
Vizio is cheaper than Samsung, and made in the USA. It's known to be the best bang for your buck brand.

720p is not high enough resolution for a 42" TV. With a 32" you would not be able to tell a significant difference, but you will notice with a 42".
Old 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
My step dad gave me his Yamaha surround system yesterday. It is about 7 years old but it sounds good and was free. I just need a tv, cant take my 27 inch sony any longer. After hooking up the surround sound yesterday I turned it on stadium sound and watched the outback bowl replay on ESPNU and realized my tv just was not cutting it.
You do realize that...the bigger the picture...the bigger the losses will seem?

I bought a 42" LG HD last week. The only reason I didn't get the Vizio is because they only had in in 52". The LG has a good pic, tho.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Westerly neighbor

Here is one for around $600:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...navAction=push

Here's one for $598:

https://www.target.com/VIZIO-Class-1...sc_rev_it_1_pn

If you want to jump through a couple hoops, you can get the same one for $538. This is a heckuva deal:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...id=0&t=2130658
Old 07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
Vizio is cheaper than Samsung, and made in the USA. It's known to be the best bang for your buck brand.

720p is not high enough resolution for a 42" TV. With a 32" you would not be able to tell a significant difference, but you will notice with a 42".
I was told you would only notice a difference on blue ray is that true? They said HD channels in your house were only 720p so even with a higher def. tv you would only see 720p.

That vizio for $538 is a pretty good deal.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
You do realize that...the bigger the picture...the bigger the losses will seem?

I bought a 42" LG HD last week. The only reason I didn't get the Vizio is because they only had in in 52". The LG has a good pic, tho.
I am also a Cajun fan so i have been used to seeing losses my whole life
Old 07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
I am also a Cajun fan so i have been used to seeing losses my whole life
AMEN BROTHER GO CAJUNS

If you have a room that is quite bright you will have some reflections on a Plasma(they use a glass like surface for the screen cover, sorta like an old tube TV) while LCD do not reflect lights, bright windows etc.

LCDs on the other hand have issues with motion blur(fast moving objects have jagged edges) and cannot handle deep blacks (dark blacks) they will seem washed out or gray. Therefore for watching movies (dark blacks colors) and sports a Plasma is better.

Depends on what you want to watch and your room condition...the LCDs are getting better with motion blur depends on the viewier. I am very picky.

I have a Pioneer plasma in a semi bright room I notice reflection a little but I've had a lot of people compliment the quality of the picture...but you better get HD programming from your cable provider, it is the key!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
AMEN BROTHER GO CAJUNS

If you have a room that is quite bright you will have some reflections on a Plasma(they use a glass like surface for the screen cover, sorta like an old tube TV) while LCD do not reflect lights, bright windows etc.

LCDs on the other hand have issues with motion blur(fast moving objects have jagged edges) and cannot handle deep blacks (dark blacks) they will seem washed out or gray. Therefore for watching movies (dark blacks colors) and sports a Plasma is better.

Depends on what you want to watch and your room condition...the LCDs are getting better with motion blur depends on the viewier. I am very picky.

I have a Pioneer plasma in a semi bright room I notice reflection a little but I've had a lot of people compliment the quality of the picture...but you better get HD programming from your cable provider, it is the key!!!
I just got dish network last month and I made sure the installed HD receivers so I could just upgrade to hd channels once I got my tv so I should be good to go there.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Westerly neighbor

Quote:
I was told you would only notice a difference on blue ray is that true? They said HD channels in your house were only 720p so even with a higher def. tv you would only see 720p.

That vizio for $538 is a pretty good deal.
Most HD broadcasts (Dish, DirecTV, cable) are upconverted to 1080i or 1080p, so it will look better on a 1080p TV. Also, if you have an upconverting DVD player, it will upconvert to 1080p. The difference in price between a 720p and a 1080p TV is negligible these days, so I would definitely go with the one that will be compatible with the most devices for the longest amount of time. 720p is on its way out.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Westerly neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post

My Vizio 55" is 240MHz and 50,000:1 contrast. Every bit as good as plasma at both, but more vibrant and bright.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Just remember one thing, when buying anything electronic, always get the most up to date that you can afford. If you get anything less, it will be out of date in a few years and you will need/want another one.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
I love my beat buy card. No interest for 3 years. Can't wait for the price on the 46 inch led open box to get down about 300 more bucks

Where can I get one?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Redfish

Cash: 606

i got a sony 52 lcd love it been having it for bought year an a half no problems so far but i did buy the extended warrany...you never know i got a 32" vizio in bed room it crashed bout 8 months after i had it they came and change out the main power board or summin ..worked bout a week .. they just sent me a new one
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

I'm still kinda behind, we have a 53" RCA HD projection that we bought back in 2005, works good enough for us. The first surround sound system we got was only 400 watts. Don't waste your time on anything less that 800-1,000 watts if you have a decent sized room. Our living room/kitchen, foyer is about 18x26 feet or so. I can rattle the windows pretty good with a nice action flick or war movie!!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
My next tv is gonna be an led
x2 i....i cant see why anyone would buy a Tv right now and it not be LED
Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I watched Craigslist. Got a vizio from a woman that was leaving her husband for 250......the plastic was still on it.......he was offshore and she needed to sell everything for he cash to move to texas
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I watched Craigslist. Got a vizio from a woman that was leaving her husband for 250......the plastic was still on it.......he was offshore and she needed to sell everything for he cash to move to texas
You didn't happen to buy it from a lady off of verot about a year to year and a half ago