SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
I talked to Don at OCR and he said the american tackle blanks he uses are junk....very light but brittle.

I went to OCR today and was overwhelmed with the different rods and options. The golf split grip was sweet but im not sure they would hold up wading in saltwater. I did get some of their jig heads though..

Do you have any of their rods?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

This is the picture that got 3/4 of us banned! I got it twice in 24 hr period! Second time said FOREVER!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
This is the picture that got 3/4 of us banned! I got it twice in 24 hr period! Second time said FOREVER!
LOL I forgot about that
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
I went to OCR today and was overwhelmed with the different rods and options. The golf split grip was sweet but im not sure they would hold up wading in saltwater. I did get some of their jig heads though..

Yeah I have two....a 7' spinning rod and a 7' 6" casting rod,both medium action. I like them alot plan on buying more.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 984

Billy never got me... rods looked weird...now Duce rods got me to buy one...best rod I ever used.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Damn pox, you must have had one too. Lol
Bought my ex wife one ... Sh I t cost me 200 buck and she never used it !! Anyways I think he was a pro bulls4itter
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post

Yep....love it!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,074

I thought about getting one, when he was on here, having contests for one thinking I was missing out. I thought he was over the SC way, but then he bashed me saying he was south west Florida, and I thought is it was strange that he was selling to you guys way over there.

Pretty good scammers
Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 717

Haha... Funny someone should mention this... These are messages sent back and forth from when I won my billy stix...

Billy
I need a number to contact you. Didn't see it on here anywhere.

Jaclyn

did you read where you had won?????
if so then you saw my phone ####
stix

Sorry Billy! I was on my phone and couldn't see the signature. I have it now thought. Expect a call either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry that it has taken so long. It has been one crazy couple of weeks. Jordan was sick. Mom had surgery. Vice president showing up at work. That sorta thing. Again, sorry for taking so long. Thank you for being so patient!
Jaclyn

jaclyn
i checked my rod blank inventory, i do not have a med hvy blank in stock, all that i have is a 7ft med hvy with a full grip, if i were to build you a split grip i would have to order another blank so that i can do it no trig and split grip and i will be happy to do so but i will need to charge you for the materials $40 plus the $30 ship but you are still way ahead of the game because i normally charge xtra for split grips as well.
so for $70 you would be getting a custom billystix that would sell normally for $325 for $70.
now if i don't get your mailing addy i can't go ahead with the building, you are going to have to cooperate with me on this.
stix

Billy,
The 7ft med hvy will the full grip is fine.
For a bait caster.
I would still like to have the orange, white, & silver.
No graphics.
Jaclyn Renea in silver if possible.
I need your address so that I can send the check out to you.
Thanks in advance.
However, I do have to admit that I am a little irritated. When I signed up for the free rod, I didn't think it was going to be this difficult. First, you were rude about me not being able to see your phone number in your signature because I was on my phone. Now, you don't have something in stock and I have to pay extra for it. That isn't a big deal. However, not in any of those post was there any stipulations of what you had or didn't. I don't have a problem paying the $30 for shipping, but I don't think it is fair for me to pay extra for the "free" rod that you said you would make. I am not trying to cause problems or make things any harder on you. I do appreicate the contest and am excited about having my own Billy Stix. I've used them in the past and like I said, they are a great rod! You do amazing work Billy! :]
I hope that you can understand where I am coming from. Maybe next time you need to make things a little clearer so people know what they are signing up for. I wanted to bring this to you first instead of posting a nasty thread about this... I hope that you can respect that and see it for what it is.
Again, thank you in advance and I hope that these problems can be resolved.
Jaclyn Renea

hi jaclyn
first just let me say i owe you an apology
you are totally correct and i stand humbly arss whipped, i guess the only thing i can say in my defense is "i am just totally whipped" i have no other way to say it.
but you my friend have opened my eyes and learned me a new lesson in business ethics and for that i most humbly "thank you" i needed this arss chewinn.
now stand stall i will do what is right toitally and i will get you your rod just as you wanted and you will not have to pay postage either.
it's a lesseon well learned "thank you much"
you are good people.
stix
Old 06-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

dont know where to start on the 4 i broke......
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclyn.renea View Post
Haha... Funny someone should mention this... These are messages sent back and forth from when I won my billy stix...

Billy
I need a number to contact you. Didn't see it on here anywhere.

Jaclyn

did you read where you had won?????
if so then you saw my phone ####
stix

Sorry Billy! I was on my phone and couldn't see the signature. I have it now thought. Expect a call either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry that it has taken so long. It has been one crazy couple of weeks. Jordan was sick. Mom had surgery. Vice president showing up at work. That sorta thing. Again, sorry for taking so long. Thank you for being so patient!
Jaclyn

jaclyn
i checked my rod blank inventory, i do not have a med hvy blank in stock, all that i have is a 7ft med hvy with a full grip, if i were to build you a split grip i would have to order another blank so that i can do it no trig and split grip and i will be happy to do so but i will need to charge you for the materials $40 plus the $30 ship but you are still way ahead of the game because i normally charge xtra for split grips as well.
so for $70 you would be getting a custom billystix that would sell normally for $325 for $70.
now if i don't get your mailing addy i can't go ahead with the building, you are going to have to cooperate with me on this.
stix

Billy,
The 7ft med hvy will the full grip is fine.
For a bait caster.
I would still like to have the orange, white, & silver.
No graphics.
Jaclyn Renea in silver if possible.
I need your address so that I can send the check out to you.
Thanks in advance.
However, I do have to admit that I am a little irritated. When I signed up for the free rod, I didn't think it was going to be this difficult. First, you were rude about me not being able to see your phone number in your signature because I was on my phone. Now, you don't have something in stock and I have to pay extra for it. That isn't a big deal. However, not in any of those post was there any stipulations of what you had or didn't. I don't have a problem paying the $30 for shipping, but I don't think it is fair for me to pay extra for the "free" rod that you said you would make. I am not trying to cause problems or make things any harder on you. I do appreicate the contest and am excited about having my own Billy Stix. I've used them in the past and like I said, they are a great rod! You do amazing work Billy! :]
I hope that you can understand where I am coming from. Maybe next time you need to make things a little clearer so people know what they are signing up for. I wanted to bring this to you first instead of posting a nasty thread about this... I hope that you can respect that and see it for what it is.
Again, thank you in advance and I hope that these problems can be resolved.
Jaclyn Renea

hi jaclyn
first just let me say i owe you an apology
you are totally correct and i stand humbly arss whipped, i guess the only thing i can say in my defense is "i am just totally whipped" i have no other way to say it.
but you my friend have opened my eyes and learned me a new lesson in business ethics and for that i most humbly "thank you" i needed this arss chewinn.
now stand stall i will do what is right toitally and i will get you your rod just as you wanted and you will not have to pay postage either.
it's a lesseon well learned "thank you much"
you are good people.
stix
What a D bag
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Is wall mart one word or two.

Dang man what a scam