SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 0
FlagUS Post Isaac Dularge Report!

Post Dularge Report

Its been a week since Issac blew in to south Louisiana. Issac went in to our east initially and spared us the brunt of the storm. The flooding and devastation to our east was much worse than I imagined and we really wish everyone affected the best in regards to getting through this catastrophy. It could have been us just as well if Isaac would have hit to our west. We really were lucky this time as we still remember Rita,Ike,Gustave and Lee all too well.

In regards to fishing I've been fortunate enough to be on the water just about every day this week. The only major problem in our area of lower Dularge is that the water has been chocolate throughout the area and still is as of this morning. We had strong north winds when Isaac moved ashore and Dularge was flushed out like someone pulled a plug! Our water levels were 3-4 ft below normal until the eye of the hurricane moved north of us. The south winds sent the water rushing back in and we never had a flood threat because of the previous low water levels. Water levels remained higher than normal this week and the lakes & bays looked awful as stiff SW winds continued to bring in dirty water. All of the bayous and canals on the southern end of Dularge are still swollen as of today with high dirty water due to this influx. But its not all bad!

As far as trout fishing, its about as bad as it gets unless you run off the coast to the islands or SS platforms. The water is beautiful off the coast in some locations and I've heard of a few fair reports in regards to catching trout. No limits but 15-30 fish as an average. The redfish action is strong as we know its always great in September. We have caught nearly 200 reds this week counting this mornings trips. There is good water deep in the duckponds that have been filtered by the grass and fishing is good right now. The deep holes that Sept fishing is known for are producing limits of reds too. Whether you prefer chunking artificials or bottom fishing with live bait its all good right now on the DU!
I've been on the water all week fishing different locations and hardly anyone is on the water other than a few crabbers. Our waters are safe to run in with no left over debris and the fish are biting. I have lots of pics and some great video but just not enough time to post everything right now. I'm really surprised that the phone is ringing off the wall as I thought Isaac would have really put a damper on the business. If you still don't want to launch your boat just give us a call and we'll hook you up! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
985-851-6015
985-637-3712

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (47.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (55.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (60.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (61.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (83.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (82.9 KB, 100 views)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

NIce catch and box shot!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Great job capt!