SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

The blank is $200 on hp slam for you not Waterloo, come on man
you have been sniffing to much petro in your oil field
Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Thumbs up Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Nope...they don't pay me one dime....just fished with lots of rods over the years and Waterloo has out performed them all..... I own 10 of them....just picked a new one up in Houston at the fishing show he made me...... The Hp Slam is a 300 rod but I know for fact that blank is over 200 alone...then add the guides and handle...your not making much on that rod
If the rod costs that much to built and they are only making a small profit.... that's a horrible business!!! They will b lucky to b n business 5 years from now.
A business of any sort has to make a profit.
And if u really think that a blank cost 200$ Ur iq is smaller then Ur shoe size.
They may sell u the blank for 200$ but they damn sure ain't paid 200$ when WaterPOO bought it.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Let's have a fish off....waterloo vs Castaway Skeleton...... But them to the test!!!! On redfish...you have to sling all of them in the boat...no grabings...just sling what you catch...if it breaks grab another one,,,, this will show performance
Old 03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Ling

Sad Re

Quote:
Yes they do......... Looks like two of yall blow Skeletons....
Ok short stack, go find me a castaway skeleton n an academy and post it on here..... And it has to b for sale , not one u borrowed and brought up there.

Ur gonna need a shovel to get outa the mess of doodie Ur standing in.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Tripletail

Since your knowledge is limited, I will tell you that Waterloo uses Batson blanks
use your great computer skills an check it out. If the blank is 200 plus reel seat, grip,
guides, labor they lose $8 a rod.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Ling

Slimer Re

Quote:
Let's have a fish off....waterloo vs Castaway Skeleton...... But them to the test!!!! On redfish...you have to sling all of them in the boat...no grabings...just sling what you catch...if it breaks grab another one,,,, this will show performance
Deal, I'll bring my skeletons and cumara over there and sling reds all over the hynie. But u gotta unhook all my fish.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Ling

Lmfao Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Since your knowledge is limited, I will tell you that Waterloo uses Batson blanks
use your great computer skills an check it out. If the blank is 200 plus reel seat, grip,
guides, labor they lose $8 a rod.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Wow!!
W where did u find out that the blank is 200$??
waterPOO is running their company into the ground, sounds like u have chosen a winner.
Since Ur so good with finances maybe waterpoo can upgrade u from customer relations and community liaison to CFO.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Ok short stack, go find me a castaway skeleton n an academy and post it on here..... And it has to b for sale , not one u borrowed and brought up there.

Ur gonna need a shovel to get outa the mess of doodie Ur standing in.
I'd like him to post a pic of his "10" Waterloos.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

LMAO.... Specknation,,, you don't have or never used a waterloo...and it only took me 2 post from you to figure that out.... Chris I didn't say they sold Skeletons at Academy they sell castaway...which makes Skeleton...same owner.... So your telling me there Academy junk rods don't reflect on the Skeleton as a whole???? Like I said... Castaway rods are the most returned broken rod to Academy...just call anyone of them and ask.... I talked to the manager over in Lake Charles just BS about some Sand eels I wanted.... And got on the rod subject.... He said they have had more problems with Castaway over the last few years..... And they over took the All Star rod which was the worst
Old 03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Deal, I'll bring my skeletons and cumara over there and sling reds all over the hynie. But u gotta unhook all my fish.
Leave all that other trash behind...just bring Skeleton.... If you just have one...your going to be in a bind...and please tell me your not basis all this about a great rod and you only have one of them???? Please dont
Old 03-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Ling

Question Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I'd like him to post a pic of his "10" Waterloos.
I'll second that motion....
And I actually believe he's up to 11..... *** do u need 11 rods for????
waterPOO must have a customer of the year award up for grabs!!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
I'll second that motion....
And I actually believe he's up to 11..... *** do u need 11 rods for????
waterPOO must have a customer of the year award up for grabs!!
Actually I have 9 in all right now...

6 Hp lights
1 Hp Slam
1 Hp light (Coras)

Just sold John S a brand new Hp light and a old Hp light
And just picked up a new 66 HP split grip from the show in Houston Friday
Old 03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Ling

Slimer Re

Quote:
Leave all that other trash behind...just bring Skeleton.... If you just have one...your going to be in a bind...and please tell me your not basis all this about a great rod and you only have one of them???? Please dont
Unlike u I don't collect rods , I got 5 skeletons.
And I will bring 2.
One to catch fish and one to whip Ur zzz with everytime u bend over to unhook my fish!!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

O yea Chris.... Answer my question.... Are you basing all this praise on a Skeleton and you only have one????

Now I can agrue with salty about a Falcon rod all day but I know he has 5 of the same one he is arguing about.....
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 366

look....... kids all yall need is the new ugly stix !
hands down winner of this red fish flipping in the boat contest !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page23_blog_entry0-25642_uglystikprint_fixhairline.jpg (77.1 KB, 68 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Ling

Smokin Re

Quote:
LMAO.... Specknation,,, you don't have or never used a waterloo...and it only took me 2 post from you to figure that out.... Chris I didn't say they sold Skeletons at Academy they sell castaway...which makes Skeleton...same owner.... So your telling me there Academy junk rods don't reflect on the Skeleton as a whole???? Like I said... Castaway rods are the most returned broken rod to Academy...just call anyone of them and ask.... I talked to the manager over in Lake Charles just BS about some Sand eels I wanted.... And got on the rod subject.... He said they have had more problems with Castaway over the last few years..... And they over took the All Star rod which was the worst

Skeleton blank is completely diff blank, guide, reel seat & grip.
Any more questions???
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Tripletail

Simple minded people say stupid **** his list is so big and growing to say I never had a Waterloo rods is stupid I am not proud of it just not worth the big price tag. As far as playing with my cows I think I will go check my 300 acres and make sure my 700 head of cows are ok from idiots like you.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Unlike u I don't collect rods , I got 5 skeletons.
And I will bring 2.
One to catch fish and one to whip Ur zzz with everytime u bend over to unhook my fish!!
If you bring two that's all you have.... Bring all .... By days end you will need them...were going to the weirs with Gulf and no net!!!!!! Have to sling em in the boat..... 1st 6lb plus red...I got 50 that skeleton snaps in half....I seen two on nates snap on 4lb trout trying to sling em in the boat
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Ling

So if I carry 10$ in my wallet is that all I have.... Ur a tard. For real man. Y does everything revolve around possession and consumption for u.
I ain't got a damn thing to prove to u. If the o ly thing I did was fish and screw with people from behind the puter I guess I would own 3k n rods so that I had some sence of importance. And so that I can seem like a big shot. Ur about to step into an area u are unfamiliar with. So watch Ur step and bring some supplies..... This may get ugly.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
y would you ever want to sling redfish in the boat with any high end rod? that in no way shows rod performance. it will show rod durability however. I have a few waterloo rods and i like them very much but the are not my favorite. They are built on batson blanks in the 40 to 60 dollar price range although they would probably never tell you or anyone else that. I found out the hard way with comparisions on a rod wrack if you know what that is.

because the blank is 40 to 60 dollars in no way means that it is a cheap rod. the manufacturer has to make money somewhere the complete rod price is high because of their good warranty which in most cases is 50 dollar replacement or if found to be a faulty blank free.