SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
Yeah and tint places will tint your windows illegally too....and are never around when you get that paper in your hand for illegal tint....I would trust what the law states and not what a guy that is selling the stuffs opinion of the law is...he is, after all, "selling" stuff....Jus sayin....Just to give some of you the low down that do not know...The caprice classic with the big rims are considered "ghetto x wing fighters"....because of their small stature and maneuverability aspects....The Cadillac with the extended spokes or any cadillac product, especially the older "brohams" would be classified as "ghetto starship cruisers" due to larger body and expansive trunk space with ability to hold large amount of "cargo".....Just making sure you guys are on the up and up of "the lingo"....

I don't know what the law is and that is def. not the rims I was shopping for that day! I was outside with a salesman when a fine lookin caddy pulled in with that garbage on it. I asked that salesman if it was legal and he told me the mirror thing.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Redfish

Cash: 809

Reason i say that....Was riding with a buddy of mine in his new truck making sales calls together....had litterally just gotten the tint the day before...looked dark to me but he was saying that the "guy" at the tint shop told him it was legal tint....we round around the port allen exit off of the new bridge in BR and port allen 5-O is standing under the overpass there flagging down cars for expired inspection stickers and such....He cant roll his windows down to avoid the possibility because the buttons are still taped from the "drying" process....Ofcourse we are flagged down, officer returns from his vehicle with a certified light detector "thingy"....shoots it and tells him its illegal tint....my buddy explained to him what happened and he saw the temp tag on the new truck....told him he would cut him some slack and let us go, but told him to have the tint removed, because he would write him the next time...apparently the tint guy did not take in to consideration the factory tint and when he put the max tint allowable on, the put him way over....
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
I don't know what the law is and that is def. not the rims I was shopping for that day! I was outside with a salesman when a fine lookin caddy pulled in with that garbage on it. I asked that salesman if it was legal and he told me the mirror thing.
and to your point....I doubt anyone frequenting this website would really have "those" types of car accesories....Most of us are spending our expendable cash on boats/tackle/trips and such....All of that garbage is a silly waste of money in my opinion...to have 12K in rims and your motor knocking and leaking oil all over the concrete does not make much sense and generally speaks to the maturity/sense of an individual....I'm sure they think the same thing about big bay boats and such as well...so to each his own, I guess....still seems like a hazard to me...
Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
and to your point....I doubt anyone frequenting this website would really have "those" types of car accesories....Most of us are spending our expendable cash on boats/tackle/trips and such....All of that garbage is a silly waste of money in my opinion...to have 12K in rims and your motor knocking and leaking oil all over the concrete does not make much sense and generally speaks to the maturity/sense of an individual....I'm sure they think the same thing about big bay boats and such as well...so to each his own, I guess....still seems like a hazard to me...
Yeah I don't think it's very safe either. Man they are always standing under that bridge! That's where I got my tint ticket. But I no longer have tint or rims so no more of them tickets. Getting to old for that crap!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Hey FFF, what about these *** clowns that put a hook cabable of lifting the tiatnic on the back of there truck for when they get stuck in the mud, that **** should be illegal too. Not only does it look rediculous but it could really do some un called for damage if someone was to accidently rear end them.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Swamp, I can't recall seeing a "hook". What/where are they mounting it???
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Hey FFF, what about these *** clowns that put a hook cabable of lifting the tiatnic on the back of there truck for when they get stuck in the mud, that **** should be illegal too. Not only does it look rediculous but it could really do some un called for damage if someone was to accidently rear end them.
A reciever hitch will do more than plenty of damage as it is...If they are secured properly(Although I haven't seen what you are talking about), I don't know that anyone could be cited.

Believe me when I say that I have seen many vehicles totalled because of a stinger and a 2" ball!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Swamp, I can't recall seeing a "hook". What/where are they mounting it???

I'm talking about a 25 ton rated hook welded to a 2" receiver sticking out about 12-18" past the bumper, They have several in the Houma that I've seen. I'll try to snap a pic next time I see one.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I'm talking about a 25 ton rated hook welded to a 2" receiver sticking out about 12-18" past the bumper, They have several in the Houma that I've seen. I'll try to snap a pic next time I see one.
That'd suck.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Lol I tell ya these kneegrows, his motor problably knocking too lmao smdh
That's Raysist!!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Redfish

The "redneck shin killer".....I've seen them...Its the proverbial, my F150 with A/T tires is a mud truck thing...Used for quick pulls out of the mud...It is the direct result of an extra 25T rigging hook, case of beer, welding machine and a Friday night...It's an over engineered knee killer that will make the owner happy if ever struck from the rear. The car that hits them is totaled and they just got to change a safety latch!!!!Hey Earl, hold my beer and watch this...gonna be cool...I just laugh when I see them sort of like the bull jewels hanging, usually constructed of schedule 80 large diameter nuts....Good for a laugh on the road....

Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Redfish

I love to see the autozone plastic spinners with the 6X9 speakers standing upright over the back seat with home audio tweeters sitting right next to them and an OG leaned back behind the A post jamming at the red light holding on to the shag carpet steering wheel cover...Sitting so low, he must be hiding!!!...Thinking he is the shiznit....Those are funny....
Old 08-15-2012, 04:20 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

That's a new one on me! I will have to look for it this weekend.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
King Mackeral

I've seen them with these big ol 100 ton shackles hanging down there too. All them young welders that I see out in the plants normally have something massive hanging from their jacked up 4x4! There just having fun. Like my dad always said young, dumb, and full of ___! At least they not ridin dirty on them 30's in the cutless!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Swordfish

Low riding was the thing when i was coming up, my dad, my 2 best friends and my brother all worked at lumber yard, every busted bag of sand they had went into the back of our friends trucks to make the back lowride. You only needed 5 or 6 sacks right at the tailgate to squat 4 inches on the rear end on a 89 Ford Ranger.