SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Prayers to SJSO!

This morning, 4 deputies were in a shootout at a off-site parking area of the Valero plant outside of New Orleans. Two deputies were killed on scene, two others are in critical condition at area hospitals. Preliminary reports are multiple suspects were trying to break into cars and were spotted by off-duty deputy working security. When back-up arrived, apprehension attempts resulted in a shootout. Unconfirmed to me, at least one AK-47 was involved.

I know we have alot of guys that work plant work on this site, you never know when something is going to go down. Please give prayers to these men and their families today!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Prayers sent, and this is so tragic.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
King Mackeral

Appears it was not a burglary now, possible ambush of first officer working the parking lot, then a chase a short distance away to a trailer park that led to another shootout. Still fluid at this time, but dammmmn this hurts to hear.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,492

Prayers sent!

Let us know when yall get a collection setup, I'm in!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Sorry to hear the bad news. Prayers sent for the family.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Prayers sent. It truly is a shame whats going on, but I hope this doesn't hit the national news like all the recent violence. We don't need more Democrats screaming to take away our guns. We need more armed and educated citizens to keep these criminals in check.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
King Mackeral

It was actually a alert citizen that led to them to the trailer park where the second incident took place. So I agree Matt, we need more good guys with guns to outnumber the bad guys that already have them.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Kick in the stomach this morning......
prayers sent
Old 08-16-2012, 10:05 AM
King Mackeral

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-j...166383546.html
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Ling

Too late..... It's on Yahoo. I can't believe some of the comments from those libtards!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Prayers to them guys, seems like they were set up from what I heard on WWL.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

So sad man. That is why I am now considering a concealed carry permit. Prayers sent.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

very sad . prayers sent to the families.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

It needs to be turned from using these instances to take our guns and rights to instead tell the public that this is what will happen to thugs...... prayers sent to all involved except the thugs which can burn
Old 08-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Too late..... It's on Yahoo. I can't believe some of the comments from those libtards!
Makes me sick.....they actually think we would be safer with gun bans. Like that would stop thugs from having them. It would only make it worse if the general public could not defend themselves.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Makes me sick.....they actually think we would be safer with gun bans. Like that would stop thugs from having them. It would only make it worse if the general public could not defend themselves.
Exactly! They banned drugs and ask the LEO's on here how well that's working.... Hell they even banned alcohol at one time and it only made matters worse. Like PaPa always said, "Laws and locks are for the honest folk." Ask your wonderful President how the gun ban works in his home town. One of the highest gun violence in America. These fools don't understand history. If it hasn't worked before what makes you think it wll work this time?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Flounder

Cash: 778

Prayers sent to these deputies and their families...including their law enforcement families. This has been a very bad day for law enforcement in Louisiana.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

This is truly tragic and completely uncalled for. I hate to see a man, trying to do his job, have everything taken away from him!

However, I do have a question regarding today's event. FFF, perhaps you can shed light on this or, I'll call my brother and get his take. Why were there only 3 officers responding to this house when they knew the perps were armed? What I mean is, why didn't they keep a little further distance until more help arrived? If what I've read is correct(leads to speculation!), they approached and knocked on the door.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:19 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
This is truly tragic and completely uncalled for. I hate to see a man, trying to do his job, have everything taken away from him!

However, I do have a question regarding today's event. FFF, perhaps you can shed light on this or, I'll call my brother and get his take. Why were there only 3 officers responding to this house when they knew the perps were armed? What I mean is, why didn't they keep a little further distance until more help arrived? If what I've read is correct(leads to speculation!), they approached and knocked on the door.
Not being there, I can not speculate on what was known by who and when and I refuse to "armchair quaterback". The first shooting was an off duty deputy working a security detail which all agencies do. Heck, most of our guys don't even wear body armor for security details. Also, they located the vehicle in a trailer park but did not have positive ID that was the correct vehicle since it was not followed or a "chase" that ended there. What if they would have waited, got 15 deputies there, hit the door with a ram, and launched flash bangs on the wrong house - can you say "lawsuit"! I suspect this was a group looking to make a name in the hood for themselves, or an initiation of some sort. All I know is, people look at me crazy when I pull a gun on them like I am some kind of trigger happy nut. I am not a nut, I am not trigger happy, but I do know some of the poeple I run across would like the shot a killing me. I just hope the good Lord is on my side to make my aim true if that day ever comes for me.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Oh yeah. Speculation is all most of us have at this point. I was just curious of any sort of protocol. As for the off duty detail, I've worked at Valero many times in my days as a welder and, as best I can recall, I never saw a single one in armor. In theory, they should never need it for that detail. Really, getting ran over was the only thing that ever crossed my mind for those guys when I'd see them out there directing traffic for us.

Regardless, my heart goes out to these families. As I have said before my brother is a LEO and also works with the TACT team. Both, especially the latter, make me very nervous for his safety!