SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:12 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default Billystix raffle on a 7ft spiral

How do you guys feel about having a raffle for a custom billystix 7ft spiral rod with titanium guides, i could post up a photo then you could buy chances at pay pay pal, say $5 per ticket and run it for a week.
Or just have a raffle right here high man gets the rod, it is a high dollar rod value at $250 and the winner could get his name on the rod, give me your thoughts on this i have never done this before as far as selling tickets but i have done on line bidding it was a lot of fun, got to be reel crazy towards the end.
Stix
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Either way is good . The raffle allows those that can't afford the cost to get a chance to own a Billy stix custom rod.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Yeah, I kinda like the raffle idea. I'd likely go for that.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

definetly down for the first one....
Old 07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
*****Cajun *******

ok
i am ready to do it but i first need to discuss this a bit with someone who has some knowledge as to how i should proceed with it and do it proprely
example should i use pay pal and that way i would have say "" bill"" sent $40 for 4 tickets or 4 chances then at the end of the designated time i put the names in the hat and draw down to the last ticket that being the winner, using pay pay pal i could kkep track but then i could also keep track if you sent a check as well.
i just truly want this to be a fun thing and a fair thing as well.
now pay close attetion to this lets say "bill" sent in $40 for 4 tickets or chances and he did not win, would i be fair to bill if i said ok bill if you decide to have billystix custom rods build you a custom rod in the next 30 days, stix will deduct your loss""" $40"" from the cost of your rod that you just ordered maxiium amt that could be deducted from any body's rod would be $40 no matter how many ""tickets-chances"" he or she bought.
so lets say "bill bought 4 tickets $40 and now 20 days later he wants to order a billystix custom rod ok he has a $40 credit coming his way, so we disvcuss the building of his rod total comes to $225 bill says how's about my $40 bucks stix "oh dang man i almost forgot now bill's rod just dropped to$185 plus shipping.
does this seem to be a fair way for billystix custom rods to do business in
lousannerr you guys might as well pony up cause billystix is here to stay and i am going to prove the value and the fishability of my custom spiral rods.
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008teamphotos327.jpg (91.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00243.jpg (54.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 3---01--09========= 6 RODS SUN 004.jpg (42.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg billyfinalred.jpg (38.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 07-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Swordfish

Happy independence day Billy!!!
If you are keeping the raffle proceeds ,Then yes the purchase discount is a nice thing for you to do.
if you are raffeling for a charity then it's not necessary.
I belong to a group that does guided trip raffles a few times a year for different charitys and they seem to do pretty well most of the time .
i don't have a pay pal acct but would be happy to send in a check for a few chances on a billystix rod.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:36 PM
*****Cajun *******

hi enman
thanks for your imput, yes i will keep the proceeds but i cant devulge my altera motive at this time, after a while you people here on salty cajun will soon begin to understand how stix works , i never stop thinking of inovative ways to mkt what i do, and no i am not getting rich but then on the other hand i dont feel the need to be rich when i have a loyal following and a great bunch of folks that love my custom work "how much richer could one man be"
i have a couple of show rods that i was giving some thought to doing the raffle with and i believe i will talk with shadman to get his approval and perhaps go with it.
thanks for your imput, please be sure to visit my site www.billystix.com my webmaster is going to do some work on it on sun, some up dates and stuff it might be fun to check it out, i have been told that i have a rockinnn site
stix
Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Swordfish

FlagUS billystix site

Yes you do have a rockin site and we even put up w/ lookin at you just to see more of your assistants molli an brandi.
Just kiddin ya .
Let me know when ya get it goin and how much and i'll cut ya a check.
bob