SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I cant protect the states resources!! But I can help and Protect my area!!! Its not about me!!!! I rather worry about Big Lake!!! Nothing against any other place in LA....Just worry about my fishing resources. The guys and fisherman in those areas take care of there areas!!! Each play there part and we can take care of the whole state as a TEAM!!!!....

Roger that!!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
WOW...Salty....If I thought for one second our resources were in trouble I would not keep a signal fish!!! I have tagged and released just as many as I keep this year!!!! I make trips where I never keep a trout!!!
What happened with the 6 and 5 that you guys caught during the Shootout. Did they make it?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
What happened with the 6 and 5 that you guys caught during the Shootout. Did they make it?

Yep,....Chris's 8th place trout was tagged and released by the CCA and we released 3 or 4 .4lbers we didn't need!!! My trout I weighed was not going to make anyway....Had to pull hook out of gills!!! STOP Trying to make an agrueement you will not win this battle!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Great White

Quote:
Yep,....Chris's 8th place trout was tagged and released by the CCA and we released 3 or 4 .4lbers we didn't need!!! My trout I weighed was not going to make anyway....Had to pull hook out of gills!!! STOP Trying to make an agrueement you will not win this battle!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 650

Quote:
WOW...Salty....If I thought for one second our resources were in trouble I would not keep a signal fish!!! I have tagged and released just as many as I keep this year!!!! I make trips where I never keep a trout!!!
Whats a "signal fish?"

Actually, the resource comment I made referred to you saying out of state guides were taking money away from La. guides.

That being said, I would think it bother no matter where they are from or where in the state they fished!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
So, does "protect my area" mean not releasing any fish? It sure seems you butcher everything brought over the gunwale.
Let's just hope that all the 12" he keeps are male.......
Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Rackmynuts....let's hope you have a job and our tax money is not supporting you!!! Your never working always on putter.....guys down here that fish for a living don't have time 2 play like you!!!! Get a job!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Great White

Quote:
Rackmynuts....let's hope you have a job and our tax money is not supporting you!!! Your never working always on putter.....guys down here that fish for a living don't have time 2 play like you!!!! Get a job!!

Ryan, For God's sake, lay off the "putter"....try a wedge.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:

He's just making sure your not bored!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Stay on Subject!!! LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thought the midget was having me tracked....How'd he know I was going to the golf course????? This job is so difficult.......
Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Red Snapper

Red I Quote
"Like I said I have no problem with a regular guy fishing in LA...Its when I see guides making money off it....That pisses me off."
Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Bender View Post
Red I Quote
"Like I said I have no problem with a regular guy fishing in LA...Its when I see guides making money off it....That pisses me off."
And your point is???? Your right it pisses me off when a guide from another state has to come to LA to use our resources to fish because he cant catch in his state!!! I don't see the Mississippi guides on the other end.....All I see is Texas Crumb Snatchers bring loads of people on our side to fish!!! I would be embarrassed to have to bring someone to another state to catch fish!!!!! If you cant catch trout in your state why be a Texas GUIDE? Makes no since to me
Old 07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Red Snapper

Just trying to get some clarification whether you despise just Texas Guides or any guides that do it.

So, let me ask you this, how do you feel about the La. Guides coming to Texas to fish under the same circumstances?
Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
And your point is???? Your right it pisses me off when a guide from another state has to come to LA to use our resources to fish because he cant catch in his state!!! I don't see the Mississippi guides on the other end.....All I see is Texas Crumb Snatchers bring loads of people on our side to fish!!! I would be embarrassed to have to bring someone to another state to catch fish!!!!! If you cant catch trout in your state why be a Texas GUIDE? Makes no since to me

i did go to another state when i went fly fishing out in nevada..instead of fishing in nevada we went to california....
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Bender View Post
Just trying to get some clarification whether you despise just Texas Guides or any guides that do it.

So, let me ask you this, how do you feel about the La. Guides coming to Texas to fish under the same circumstances?
I drought very much that there is one fishing guide from LA that goes to Texas to fish!!!! I never heard of it or seen it.....Not saying it might not happen but I promise its nothing compared to other states...I don't believe a LA guide should travel out side of his state to fish with customers!!!! Only tournaments or events!! I deer hunt in Texas and pay high prices to do so!!! But I don't make money bring customers there either!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Red Snapper

Thank you for the almost straightforward answer!!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Red Snapper

Dang hit the wrong button too fast.

I do seem to remember some La. Guides advertising Winter Spring Baffin trips, in the past. I think it was on that other site you were banned from.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I drought very much that there is one fishing guide from LA that goes to Texas to fish!!!! I never heard of it or seen it.....Not saying it might not happen but I promise its nothing compared to other states...I don't believe a LA guide should travel out side of his state to fish with customers!!!! Only tournaments or events!! I deer hunt in Texas and pay high prices to do so!!! But I don't make money bring customers there either!!!!
You may want to re-think that one now, all things considered. You sure you want to be in Texas with Guns around?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
i have fished on the jokas wild in the past as well as several other overnighters on the due south out at chandeleur. most definitely one of my happy places whether i catch a fish or not. hope you have a good time out there reel!!
Going on a trip in Sept with Jokas Wild...you guys have a good time, catch fish???
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 715

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Going on a trip in Sept with Jokas Wild...you guys have a good time, catch fish???

I've been on a total of 7 overnighters either on the due south or the jokas wild. There is usually 12-14 of us on the boat and it is always a BLAST!!!!! The food is always top notch whether its breakfast lunch or dinner, and all the captains and hands on the boat have been great on our trips. Get ready to sit back and relax, because they do ALL the work for ya. When you get up, you are fed while your boat is loaded with your gear, cranked, ice chest loaded with your preference of drinks.....all ya gotta do is get in and go. when you come back to the boat for lunch and dinner, theres a hand there waiting to catch your boat....you get off, and they handle everything from getting your gear from the boat, washing everything down, cleaning your fish, etc while you catch a shower and relax. As for the fishing, its hit or miss, but i've never came home empty handed. I personally quit fishing after lunch and went to beachcombing and exploring until 5 or so, then fish again till dark. When you get to the island, look for holes in 6-8 ft range where everything around is 3-4.......thats where we usually find fish when the tide is moving. They provide the soft drinks, but its byob. Hope you guys have a great trip, we ALWAYS do!!!!