SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Churn Finally!!!

Man, it's been a rough second quarter and the third was off to a terrible start as well but, luck changes. I finally threw my resume in the right direction! Not only did I land a new job, it's a step up in title(who really cares about that) and, it's PERMANENT!!! I still have to chase work through various plants and sometimes, offshore but, IT'S PERMANENT!! It wasn't exactly the hourly rate that I wanted but, there's a co. truck in the deal, insurance, bonuses and overtime! I'm not here to brag...I'm not at all into that. I guess I'm celebrating!

I have been really at my whit's end for the last several weeks wondering what I was going to do to provide for my family. I had told myself after a previous temporary job fell through last week that I'd look back at it someday and laugh if I'd just get through what the Good Lord was dealing me at the time. Well, here it is...

Anyway, just thought I'd share a little joy! My son won't be eating Ramen noodles in two weeks and I can keep the internet on so I can continue readin the soap opera scripts here!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 650

Congratulations and good luck!!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Awesome!!! Just don't let this website affect your work like it does mine!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Good deal. Permanent jobs are nice. Been laid off from 2 of them.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Good deal. Permanent jobs are nice. Been laid off from 2 of them.
Yeah, you right. There's really nothing in the world permanent. I'm just saying that this is a heckuva lot more permanent than any of my turnaround life. Turnarounds are hectic as you know what and, especially this year, not very dependable.

Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Yeah, you right. There's really nothing in the world permanent. I'm just saying that this is a heckuva lot more permanent than any of my turnaround life. Turnarounds are hectic as you know what and, especially this year, not very dependable.

Thanks guys!
If you dont mind me asking southern, what type of work to you do on turnarounds? I also chase turnaround work, i'm a API-510 inspector...i usually am in the loop when it comes to T/A work, i may be able to help you sometimes if you need some help finding work.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

yaa bruh if you ever need a pipefitter or a welder give me a shot..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 653

Congrats, I worked turnarounds for a while myself. They're Ok for a single man but the family needs a more consistent income. Feeshermans right nothings permanent in todays market. But its a lot easier to sleep when you know you don't have a project wrap date staring back at ya. Good luck. SK
Old 07-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Banned

Default yes

Quote:
My son won't be eating Ramen noodles in two weeks

a true blessing! congrats
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

congrats!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Blue Marlin

Thanks to ALL of you guys!!! I'm pretty stoked right now but, there's a lot of uncertainty still in the mix. Only time will tell. I have a million and one thoughts running through my mind as of right now! It's a huge step to go from hand/lead/sometimes foreman to super. I'll only have small crews though so, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. We'll see. I have my wife and son looking to me to make things happen though. I think that they will be a great asset in my desire to make this work.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Thanks to ALL of you guys!!! I'm pretty stoked right now but, there's a lot of uncertainty still in the mix. Only time will tell. I have a million and one thoughts running through my mind as of right now! It's a huge step to go from hand/lead/sometimes foreman to super. I'll only have small crews though so, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. We'll see. I have my wife and son looking to me to make things happen though. I think that they will be a great asset in my desire to make this work.
just remember treat your hands like you would want to be treated and you will go a long ways. Good luck and be safe
Old 07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Blue Marlin

DD...You are exactly right. I fully plan to be a part of daily operations and I don't mean just getting permits. I've only had one supervisor that wasn't a hands-on type of guy and I had ZERO respect for him! I can't ask of others what I wouldn't let be asked of me. Thank you for reminding me to be humble.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglaketiger View Post
If you dont mind me asking southern, what type of work to you do on turnarounds? I also chase turnaround work, i'm a API-510 inspector...i usually am in the loop when it comes to T/A work, i may be able to help you sometimes if you need some help finding work.
You looking for any CWI's, I'll be taking my cwi test and I will be looking. From what I hear it is a tough market right now so I may just lay low on the test and take it later.