SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 04-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default Physically challenged hunter program

At their April 1 meeting, the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission received a notice of intent from Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) staff that would amend the Physically Challenged Hunter Program.
The proposal would change the language within the current rules and regulations, and add a fourth category. The rules as written are based on Act 1226 passed during the 1995 Legislative Session and cover hunters who are wheelchair bound, mobility impaired, and amputees/upper extremity. The changes would update definitions and regulations, and establish formally the current application process.
The fourth category proposed would include Visually Impaired hunters in accordance with Act 322 passed during the 2009 Legislative Session. Individuals that qualify for this category would be permitted to use a laser sight or sighting device which projects a beam of light to the target only. Permitees would be eligible to participate in special physically challenged hunts, have access to specially designated ATV trails on Wildlife Management Areas and would be required to have at least one helper.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

visually impaired with a rifle? is that safe? I mean Im all about getting everybody in the outdoors, but if you are visually impaired enough to the point of needing special privileges, is it safe to be shooting a rifle at a moving target that you may not be able to identify. Am I missing something here?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
visually impaired with a rifle? is that safe? I mean Im all about getting everybody in the outdoors, but if you are visually impaired enough to the point of needing special privileges, is it safe to be shooting a rifle at a moving target that you may not be able to identify. Am I missing something here?
FF.......read the last sentence...

Next time you go through a DRIVE thru ATM check out the buttons on the machine....they have Brail on them! WTH????
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post

Next time you go through a DRIVE thru ATM check out the buttons on the machine....they have Brail on them! WTH????
lol I get a pretty good kick out of that when I see it.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338
Default OOK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post

so they get a helper, I guess the helper is gonna spot the shot and tell when to squeeze. idk i guess that'll help with keeping people from getting shot, but still seems possible for alot of wounded animals. idk just seems like a fine line thats going to be hard to draw between too impaired and not impaired enough