SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 10-15-16 afternoon trip

Against my better judgement I went out today, SATURDAY, and as soon as I got to the parking lot at the point I almost turned around and headed back home. Got off at 6am from 12 hr graveyard shift and took a nap till 830-9. Launched boat around 10 after deciding to go for it. Wat can I say , I got it bad! Had to park trailer all the way in southeast parking lot almost on blacktop. Little did I know there was a tournament today. After the long walk to the boat I found out they don't have live shrimp. Spicers is out too and boat did not catch and was suppose to be in by now. Hebert's sold 50 QTS already and may have one left so surely be gone by time I got there. I'm late, no live shrimp knowing that's all they wanted up north for me all week. I'm thinking going to turn into a joy ride day but I'm wanting to fish that incoming 230pm high tide. Take off to back of LNG to look for pogies. No luck . just as I'm about to start taking off pooppin cork rigs and tie on artificial I see a huge school of small finger mullet. One throw with cast net and I have over 50! Head south. Fished south of pilots station til 2 for one small trout and one rat red and tide still not coming in. Its almost stopped going out so iknkw its about to switch but ship channels is dirty sandy and I'm not catching so time to start fishing my way back to launch. I stop at south entrance to west cove after a few stops before oyster bayou and tide is starting to come in. As soon as I'm in west cove good I catch a 14" trout. O yea! Well I landed 4-5 and that sandy dirty water I was in earlier is all around me and as fast as they turned on they turned off! Time to move. Getting tired and now I'm hot. I almost threw all my mullet out there but wanted to check water at that last cut entrance into big lake just south of long point. Its beautiful and tide is pouring into lake and fish hitting all over and birds working out in lake. Lower minn kota on ship channel side and my very first cast was 15" trout. Put power pole down and a little over an hour on every cast catching keeper trout that don't even have to measure. Boxed 10 or 11 to get count to 14 and after catching 15 - 20 more realizing that big girl not there today I finally put #15 in box and call it a day. Had my cousin not cancelled we would of got our 30 two man limit for sure and I'm pretty sure 60 was real possible. It was fun letting that mullet drift in hard tide and when they hit like to take rod out of hand. So many shrimp running thru there almost every time I popped cork my line slung a shrimp in the air. Glad they liked mullet too! Anyway I put my time in today having cleaned fish and boat and back home for 5 pm. On way back birds were working pretty good in turners. I almost stopped just to see the size fish but was too wore out. Long day. But fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1476575447798.jpg (45.5 KB, 560 views)
Old 10-15-2016, 07:43 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,323

Great report and good day on the water.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,112

As usual, very nice trip. Your posts make it seem too easy, especially to someone like me who has very little saltwater experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 08:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonf View Post
As usual, very nice trip. Your posts make it seem too easy, especially to someone like me who has very little saltwater experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto !

Great job Mem !
Old 10-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Great trip and the usual great report. You on em!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Great report.... and catching.

It has been so long since my last fishing trip..... I can't remember when it was. Sometime in June??? I have made 2 Bow hunting trips in the past few weeks.

I am in Baton Rouge with my Dad, trying to take good care of him.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Take care of dad Gerald these fish will be here waiting for u
Old 10-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

awesome trip, thanks for sharing
Old 10-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 546

Nice trip, I really enjoyed the descriptions of tide movement, water condition, and how the fish were acting. I almost could have been there. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 729

Great report, sounds like I gotta start moving more. Lol!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 678

What Marsh'un said!!!!