SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Stories, History, and Tributes

Stories, History, and Tributes Got a story to tell about your childhood, someone you admired, or some interesting history to share? This is the place!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Born summer of '53. I remember collecting coke bottles for money, we got 1 cent each, big bucks. 5 kids in the family, there was no money. We grew up poor and didn't know it. I was the second son, got all my big brothers hand me downs, didn't grow up with a complex, imagine that. I remember the butt whoopins. If we wanted something, we had to earn it. Killed my first duck at the ripe old age of 6. Had my own big bad .410 break barrel. That gun was defective, it never killed anyone.
Had my own used car paid for before I had a license. Parents divorced when I was 14, I went to school till 3 then flipped burgers at Burger Chef till 10:30 every night except Sunday, ran home, did homework and got ready for tomorrow. We didn't have time to get into much trouble. Had at least 2 jobs, sometimes 3 jobs since I got married at 18, in 1971. Never took a handout from anyone, I always figured I was responsible for me. Raised 2 daughters and a granddaughter. Oh, still with the same wonderful girl I married over 40 years ago, my how time flies when you're having fun. Wouldn't trade my life experiences for anything. I sure wouldn't want to be a teenager in today's world.
D