SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Guy's.. You all forget.. Back in the day "Your Senator" supported and voted for the Bill along with the WL&F Commission that passed to allow for the dredging of oyster's. It's easy to blame organizations.. But the WL&F commission have members representing all user groups. They are the ones that "IN FACT" ultimately voted for lowering the limits and for dredging of oysters on BL. It allowed for many more for oyster permits in BL because of the displaced oyster fisherman in the SE after Katrina.

Everyone on here or anyone that fishes BL, that wants to complain or make comments can attend and are allowed to speak at the monthly commission meetings..All members have a profile on the WL&F site with there emails listed.

How many of U go and make comment?? Email the commission members?? Call them???

Be totally honest..... Not many, I'm sure.. Believe me when I say the Commercial peps are there..

So ask yourself.. What have I done to effect chance?? Have I missed work or a fishing trip to go and present my opinion.. I would guess????? Probably Not...

I'm sure if half the guide's, and 2 or 3 hundred recreational fishermen who fish BL show up at commission meetings every mth.. I'm sure you would get their attention..

That's why the USA is SO GREAT... We as Citizens have the "RIGHT" to voice our opinions, and hold our appointed commission member's accountable.

Again just my HUMBLE OPINION.......
Sure, this is true, but how do you think your voice compares when CCA is voicing the opposite view while writing big checks?

We need to empty CCA's bank account to silence their obfuscation.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Back to CCA

They only had 13k entries last year so they are trying to do new things this year.
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=9461
Old 05-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

MathGeek.. See!!!!

U skirting my questions I raised ??? Believe me when I say.. I've put my money where my mouth is... I've been to many Gulf Council meetings on the Red Snap management issues in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Biloxi ay my own expense... There will be 30 recreational fisherman.. But a 100 commercials in attendance at these meets. All the way from South Florida to Brownsville. Mostly they get paid to attend these meets.. My their commercial organizations, and EDF. But I still get up there and present my opinion.. Do I believe it will help??? Yes I do... Does It??? Not yet... Maybe when we get a new prez and change some members of National Marine Fisheries Boards. But I still get involved. I just don't complain.....

EDF (Enviro Defense Fund) Wants to end or limit all fishing; period.. They help fund the Show "BIG FISH TEXAS"..

Believe me.. CCA is NOT THE ENEMY.......
Old 05-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

CCA has no balls
Zero

Why don't they stand up and fight the oyster raping on big lake ?

Go ahead bigen explain ?

What are they doing for erosion ?
Old 05-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Red Snapper

All I can Say W is I know what I've tried to get them to DO.. and That's Is Getting more of.

Hot Girls Gone Fishing::: Like This: http://goo.gl/s3db7I.... )))))) On a day like today We and BL need much more of this..
Old 05-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Sounds like a pro-con Ducks Unlimited debate. I joined CCA this yr. because I got a free year's subscription to La. Sportsman. They have also done some good supporting recreational fisherman. We don't need anymore reduction in fish limits in my mind, and could actually add another 1 or 2 -27" Redfish to the limit. Building reefs/wacking Gill netting...good stuff.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

They have done some good supporting recreational fishermen. Bash, boycott, nit pick, that's easy, why not get involved? Ya'll are the younger generation that can effect change.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Red Snapper

BayChamp1... I think that has been my point exactly....
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
They have done some good supporting recreational fishermen. Bash, boycott, nit pick, that's easy, why not get involved? Ya'll are the younger generation that can effect change.
i tried to get involved . after GCCA changed to CCA i stayed for a couple years and didnt like the direction things were going. Then again in 2003 i joined to be able to attend meetings and ask questions. After being ignored and the subject being changed when i questioned the way things were being done. i decided CCA was never going to be the same group that GCCA was.
I have questioned over and over the things they are doing ( or not doing) and have been threatened w/ removal from some web sites.for it.
i have been involved or following since it was GCCA and what they have today is just another good old boys club that depends on the star to maintain membership.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
CCA has no balls
Zero

Why don't they stand up and fight the oyster raping on big lake ?

Go ahead bigen explain ?

What are they doing for erosion ?

I have to agree you here W. I have been looking at oyster beds my entire life while fishing the marshes from mississippi to Texas, and the oysters beds in the big lake areas are just nonexistent. How in the world do these oyster fishermen make a living?
Old 05-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post
I have to agree you here W. I have been looking at oyster beds my entire life while fishing the marshes from mississippi to Texas, and the oysters beds in the big lake areas are just nonexistent. How in the world do these oyster fishermen make a living?

Before they started dredging they were thick. North of the no oystering line there are some really heavy reefed areas
Old 05-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This!
This poor horse is beat to death every year. People have their own opinions and beliefs. I enter the star tournament as a fishing tournament. A chance to win. That's it. Do I agree and wish they would do exactly what I want with my money? Sure. Will they? Probably not. If I boycotted everyone I disagreed with I would have to sit home and twiddle my thumbs. No radio, no TV, no nothing. Then again, I wouldn't have a house because I wouldn't have a job since I don't agree with everything my employer does. I would have to boycott them as well. If I were a guide, I couldn't make any money because I wouldn't allow sports entered in CCA on my boat because that is supporting them. CCA ain't the best, but it's better than a poke in the eye. If you want to join the fishing tournament, join. If you want to boycott them, feel free. Your choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Red Snapper

Marshrunner.. Well said..
Old 05-02-2016, 11:25 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
This!
This poor horse is beat to death every year. People have their own opinions and beliefs. I enter the star tournament as a fishing tournament. A chance to win. That's it. Do I agree and wish they would do exactly what I want with my money? Sure. Will they? Probably not. If I boycotted everyone I disagreed with I would have to sit home and twiddle my thumbs. No radio, no TV, no nothing. Then again, I wouldn't have a house because I wouldn't have a job since I don't agree with everything my employer does. I would have to boycott them as well. If I were a guide, I couldn't make any money because I wouldn't allow sports entered in CCA on my boat because that is supporting them. CCA ain't the best, but it's better than a poke in the eye. If you want to join the fishing tournament, join. If you want to boycott them, feel free. Your choice.

I'd actually prefer a poke in the eye, than some organization pushing for reduced limits on everything just because

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
I'd actually prefer a poke in the eye, than some organization pushing for reduced limits on everything just because
What CCA is doing is more like a poke in the ...

Sorry, I can't say that, this is a family friendly forum.

It's kinda like a prostate exam, except you notice the doc has a hand on each shoulder.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
What CCA is doing is more like a poke in the ...

Sorry, I can't say that, this is a family friendly forum.

It's kinda like a prostate exam, except you notice the doc has a hand on each shoulder.
Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
This!

I have plenty of customers who fish the star , from there stand point it's $75 for a chance to win a boat ( can't blame them for entering )

Same with politics , i have my reason why I will not support the CCA and people don't hire me because of my opinion on the CCA.