SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 555

So what makes the "strait bottom" so much faster than the "hooked"?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 703

For what it's worth Aaron, you're horrible luck made my mind up for me. I was recently in the market for a duck boat and leaning real hard towards Edge. Lake area marine has been real straight forward with me as well and I think they are great guys. After all the Edge problems with their jig, or design, or whatever other lies they told various different dealers. I'm still not 100% which one is the truth. I'm sorry for you're bad luck and I'm sure Gerald is doing all he can to resolve this. For what it's worth I went with an Xpress, yes it's a lot slower but it has a lifetime hull warranty and a good track record. Good luck and I hope you're back on the water soon.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I stopped by LCM today to look at a boat and Kyle never brought up Edge to me until I asked him and even then he guided me away due to the issues they are having.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Flounder

Cash: 622

I just left lake area. Mark told me my boat should be back by next week. Kyle said They picked up another boat that had the same problem and edge did a good job when they fixed it. He said they reinforced it well and did a good welding job. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

I just got off the phone with Tim. He called to tell me they had changed the Edge bottom back to the old rocket style, very good news. He also said he was taking care of Aaron's problem ASAP. We can hope
D
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
I just got off the phone with Tim. He called to tell me they had changed the Edge bottom back to the old rocket style, very good news. He also said he was taking care of Aaron's problem ASAP. We can hope
D
The Internet can make you or break you nowadays.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunner28 View Post
So what makes the "strait bottom" so much faster than the "hooked"?

It was the location of the hook, it was about 1' from the rake at the front of the boat. And it was a 1" hook. Makes it very hard to lift the bow out of the water, the boat wants to plow.
A small amount of hook in the correct place makes a boat fly. Check the bottom of some hi-perf boats, the hook is at the very back of the boat. That makes it sit up on the tail and run without bouncing. You have X number of horsepower, how many will you use to raise the bow (with trim) and how many to push it forward. The more horsepower you have available to push forward, the faster the boat will run. That's why tunnel race boats are so fast, they compress air in the tunnel to lift the boat so you can use all available horsepower to push forward.
Look at this video, my motor is trimmed neutral and the boat is flying perfectly at zero trim angle.
http://s126.beta.photobucket.com/use...good3.mp4.html

The next video is a hot 25 yamaha on a hooked Edge, notice how much trim is used just to get the bow up:
http://s126.beta.photobucket.com/use...c4037.mp4.html

Like I said, he is now back to buiklding them like mine,,,,
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Like "Spanky" used to say....................."All's Well that ends Well".
Nah, the interweb has a way of making folks "Find their Character".
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Tim did explain part of the problem. He said it cost him $400-600 per trip down here. That makes it a losing proposition unless he has a delivery of boats headed this way. That is why he tries to wait until he has a load coming to pick up any warranty work or look at boats, I can understand that.
D
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Tim did explain part of the problem. He said it cost him $400-600 per trip down here. That makes it a losing proposition unless he has a delivery of boats headed this way. That is why he tries to wait until he has a load coming to pick up any warranty work or look at boats, I can understand that.
D
That's poor business thinking - lose a bunch of sales for having poor turnaround times on fixing his mistakes, or come out of pocket to get that thing up there and back to the buyer ASAP?

I promise you the business I would lose if I treated my customer's service work that way would put me out of an income... Much less warranty work.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Dood needs to visit a quality control dept in the oilfield and use as his model. Bet they got short bus kids who can make better beads than those I saw!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Sailfish

If he is worried about losing money on a trip like that then he needs to inspect work, hire someone to inspect work, higher qualified and trust worthy guys or shut his doors and close up shop.If he is not able to address these situations personally, which is understandable if he's supplying a large number of dealers over a large area, then he needs to hire help or trust dealers to correct issues and give him feed back of problems and solutions.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,165

I think it would be better to spend $400-$600 to handle a customer's issue in a timely manner and get a reputation for good customer service than lose sales over some bad welds.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
If he is worried about losing money on a trip like that then he needs to inspect work, hire someone to inspect work, higher qualified and trust worthy guys or shut his doors and close up shop.If he is not able to address these situations personally, which is understandable if he's supplying a large number of dealers over a large area, then he needs to hire help or trust dealers to correct issues and give him feed back of problems and solutions.
This ^^^
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 622

I understand his position on the costs of shipping my boat. If that was the problem then I would've been willing to meet him half way. Mark told me today that its been 7 weeks since my boat was brought to them. Im a very understanding guy and had tim just kept in contact with me then I probably would've never said anything negative about his customer service. All I've asked for since the beginning was to have my boat repaired. I dont think it was too much to ask considering the terrible welds.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Trophy Trout

I just got off the phone with Tim, I apologized to him. I want to take this time to apologize. Apologize to Tim, and all of you. Things I thought were facts, were not, not Tim's fault, not Aaron's fault, not Lake Area's fault, MY FAULT. I spoke in haste and anger, I apologize. I know I typed some things that were not true, I apologize. I know it hurt Tim's business, I apologize. I know that Tim has fixed every single problem that has ever come up with Edge boats. He is a much better person than I have portrayed him, I aplogize. I don't know what else to say but I'm sorry.
Please give Tim a break, he is not the person I portrayed him to be.
I AM SORRY for my actions, I don't know what else to say. I wish I could undo it, but I can't.
I know Tim can build good fast boats, I have one.
We all make mistakes, even welders, I ask you to forgive me for my mistakes. Had I shown love and patience, like I should have, I would not be asking for forgiveness now.
I am sick about this whole thing. I hope I can regian your trust in the future, not that I deserve it.
D
Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Sailfish

CC I personally don't think anything you have said was out of line, there is a quality issue that needs addressed no matter what it takes. I am sure these CAN be great boats but not until these the problems are taken care of these things need to be brought to light for possible buyers. I looked at these boats just a few days ago and at first glance they look well built but if there claim is "One weld at a time" every bead should be quality from start to finish instead of making easily visible beads look good but then making crap beads in less visual places..... this is just my thoughts but then again I am running a beat up 20yr old Alweld that's been used for gator hunting, fishing and no telling what else that so far all the beads are in tact still.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 703

Takes a strong man to say words like (sorry) and (I was wrong). Personally I don't think you were out of line. From all the post I've read it seems like you do way more good for people and try to help them than anything. Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,490

Quote:
I hope I can regian your trust in the future, not that I deserve it.
D
Danny, its all good man! We all have our moments, you stood up!

Top Shelf in my book!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Danny, its all good man! We all have our moments, you stood up!

Top Shelf in my book!

Hydro