SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 05-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 556
Default Yamaha fuel pump

Just installed a 10 micron primary fuel filter and a 2 micron secondary fuel filter on my 06 Yamaha 300 HPDI. Seems to run ok. Should I have a booster fuel pump? All I have now is the pump on the motor, I don't have a vacuum gauge to check it.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 589

you should just have the 10 micron filter (fuel water separator filter) your hpdi has already a high pressure filter and a screen filter in the vst
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 556

I was just thinking it would be easier to change the spin on filters than change any on the motor?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

the filters are positioned on the motor because you can get trash from the primer bulb or the connecting fitting from connecting and disconnecting it.

the 10 micron water separator filter is mainly for water separation but it also acts as a pre-filter so that's the one that makes it easy to access and replace. the ones on your motor can go for years trouble free.

I would only put one 10 micron fuel water separator filter of your choice and that's it. adding too many filters will restrict fuel flow and could cause issues not to mention every time you put a filter you cut the fuel line and create 2 more connections in the system that could leak at some point.

I like the marpac filter because it has a simple filter cartridge you replace and the whole filter can is transparent so you can get a good view of the fuel condition and color as well as seeing the paper element condition at a glance instead of just a little cup under the filter. it also has a water ring that floats up to indicate when water is present and you need to drain it and the replacement filter cartridgesare only $10.

look here to see more on it: https://www.boatpartsforless.com/sho...it-with-drain/

and if you don't need the head this is the replacement filter section kit: https://www.boatpartsforless.com/sho...FTQQ7AodcWMAyQ